PDA

View Full Version : XD 45 Compact

crebralfix
02-14-2007, 06:12 PM
What has your experience been with this gun? I think one of the gun rags had trouble with it.

How is the magazine grip adapter? Does it pinch the fingers or hand anywhere? Does it fit well?

bae4
02-14-2007, 06:24 PM
What has your experience been with this gun? I think one of the gun rags had trouble with it.

How is the magazine grip adapter? Does it pinch the fingers or hand anywhere? Does it fit well?

The gun rags say there is a problem with something?!?!

You must be coming down with a fever, you're delerious! :p

SUAREZ CORPORATE
02-15-2007, 01:33 AM
Mine has been flawless with lots of different ammo (FMJ and HP).

Lumino
02-15-2007, 05:46 AM
G&A didn't say it, but the accuracy from their test was less than desirable.

Sharkey
02-15-2007, 01:37 PM
Clint did a write up in American Handgunner about it and loved it. I shot my buddy's full size and loved it. Needless to say, it mad my short list of new handguns to buy.

huntthehunter
06-27-2007, 08:42 AM
I have one, and have pinched myself pretty good when using the 13 round mag with sleeve. I don't really care for the 13, as it negates the reasons I got the Compact for. I went ahead and purchased more 10 round mags. I have fairly large hands, and it fits just fine without the extended mag.

I have about 500 rounds (+-) through the pistol, mostly Magtech and Blazer Brass, and have had 0 FTF/FTE incidents.

jcart
06-27-2007, 09:25 AM
I love mine. I traded a XD9 for a 4" XD45. Shot better with that than my Sig. No, I will not let the Sig's go.
Found a compact at my local dealer and fell in love again. Have put only a few boxes each of Rem. & WW fmj thru both but no problems. I just picked up some Titegroup so will soon load the pile of brass left after winter.
Fits my hand well. I am amazed that it holds 13 rds. in the mag.
My hands are small and there is room, no pinch at all on mag changes.
I do need to pick up a few 10rd mags.

BYcyclist
06-27-2007, 11:17 AM

G&A quote: "My only gripe with the pistol was its apparently short-range zero. With the current front-sight height, it simply shot too low for me at 25 yards. If it were mine, I'd want a shorter front sight. But we were able to stay inside a tangerine at 30 feet with a variety of loads and weights, and that's pretty much what a concealed carry gun is all about."

For concealed carry gun, its fine and great. Maybe the tester didn't "learn" the trigger. Admittedly, the trigger feel takes a bit more getting used to, but I've never had any accuracy issues along the lines of what the article stipulated with any XD.

CR Williams
06-28-2007, 06:35 AM
G&A quote: "My only gripe with the pistol was its apparently short-range zero. With the current front-sight height, it simply shot too low for me at 25 yards.

This sounds too much like he felt like he just had to come up with a flaw of some kind. 75 feet is a bit long range for what I consider the pistol equivalent of a snub-nose revolver. If it's off at ten yards or less, I'd consider that an issue. But 25? Yes, we should know where the pistol hits at those ranges. But if that's the worst he can say about it...I mean, c'mon...

crebralfix
06-28-2007, 07:17 AM
It's not like the writer doesn't know how to aim high...ok, maybe not.

fallison
06-28-2007, 04:24 PM
I've shot 500-600 rounds (a mix of Magtech and Blazer Brass FMJ and Winchester white box Personal Protection JHP) through mine and have had no failures and have never been pinched (shooting the ten round mag from the holster and reloading with two thirteens). I love this gun. :D

nuttinbutchunks
07-07-2007, 08:43 PM
I traded a Gov Springfield for mine and it is now my primary concealed carry weapon. I like it very much and have had no problems with it at all. And I'm used to opening my hand up where the bottom of the grip is so I don't get pinched slamming a clip into it.

Because of the grip and trigger safeties, I consider the XDs to be the ultimate carry pistol. I need not disengage any safeties to draw and fire that gun. :cool:

grimel
07-07-2007, 09:08 PM
This sounds too much like he felt like he just had to come up with a flaw of some kind. 75 feet is a bit long range for what I consider the pistol equivalent of a snub-nose revolver. If it's off at ten yards or less, I'd consider that an issue. But 25? Yes, we should know where the pistol hits at those ranges. But if that's the worst he can say about it...I mean, c'mon...

Umm, it shouldn't take any special hold to hit at 25yds with any service load from a 4" pistol. PBR for the 45 is well past 25yds.

ak@ar52
07-23-2007, 08:06 PM
Mine has shot everything with no problems except for 200SWC. The mag seems so high that the case being ejected hits the sharp shoulder of the lead bullet and doesn't eject. Not easy to clear either. The rnl bullets I used have had zero mal with around 200 rounds.

The zero seems ok to me. I picked up a drill from Tom Givens that the FBI shoots and it is with a nra 25 yard target. I drop about 10-15 points for 10 shots at 25 yards. It isn't as easy as it sounds especially with my 55 year old eyes. The world is getting fuzzy. The total drill is 30 rounds, 10 at 25 yards, 10 at 15yards and 10 at 7 yards. Tom said the FBI has to score at least 70 percent to pass. Trigger control can be important and should be a part of our total practice efforts.

Stay Safe Archie