PDA

View Full Version : Caspian airsoft?

VaughnT
04-29-2004, 04:26 PM
I've been wanting to get an airsoft pistol for training ever since returning from Gabe's CRG class, but which make and model has been might hard to decide on. With all the resources on the net, you'd think this would be easy to research....

Well.....

I just rec'd an email from Galati Intl saying that they had the Caspian Arms .45acp gas-blowback airsoft pistol on sale for $79. Is this a good model? Are there better in the same price range? I'd think it would be a pretty good practice pistol with the Caspian name on it, but what do I know. Any thoughts?

georgel
04-29-2004, 06:23 PM
Vaughn, I've been looking at these too. I was at a gun show a couple of weeks ago and met a dealer from New Bern, NC.
I was very impressed with a Glock version, so much so that I started thinking about buying a real Glock so I would have a matched set. :D
On the web, Airsoft Atlanta seems to be the nicest site. I believe the one I handled was a KWC and was priced at $119. I spoke to someone locally who said a Caspian he handled was great too. Some else advised me to go electric, but I haven't found an electric that fits the parameters I would want for a trainer, specifically blow back slide action and like real function.
Right now, I'm leaning toward a 1911 model from Airsoft Atlanta. Maybe someone else can chime in on experiences.

michael
04-29-2004, 06:28 PM
I've used the Glock 19 clone from Airsoft Atlanta. It's very heavy duty, has a steel slide and feels like the real deal. It worked flawlessly. I wished I had gotten this one instead of the Sig P229 clone I have.

RedDevil
04-29-2004, 06:39 PM
I've been having the same problem finding a 1911 airsoft similar to my carry gun. The only ones I found that are well made and basically box stock like my Colt are the $200 ones.

georgel
04-29-2004, 07:16 PM
Airsoft Atlanta has a nice variety of 1911's. I'd love to find an Officer's though.

http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/

Pale Horse
05-05-2004, 01:54 PM
I have the pistol you are talking about and its really nice. I am getting ready to write up a review on it.

My observations of the pistol are as follows. Accurate out to 50 ft w/ no wind, good rate of fire, weighted propery, fires around 300 feet per second, and easy to clean/disassemble.

Some of the down sides to the pistol; mags can be hard to find, the capacity is fairly low for a Green Gas pistol (14 rounds), and loading the gas can be tricky. One other draw back is the mags after about 6 months of solid use start leaking. I have a page on my site on fixing a hissing magazine.

Other than that I would recommend this pistol to anyone who carrys a 1911 ccw or on duty.

If you are having a problem finding airsoft pistols go to www.precisionsirsoft.com. They have a good selection and they know what they are talking about. I work about a mile away so if you have questions let me know and I will either let you know or find out myself.

Keelan Southerland
www.tactical-airsoft.net

MTS
05-05-2004, 06:57 PM
Pale Horse,

Check the spelling on the link in your post.

Pale Horse
05-06-2004, 01:03 PM
Here we are www.precisionairsoft.com/

Sorry about that.