PDA

View Full Version : Where is Kahr arms?

sponge
10-09-2003, 09:31 PM
A few of the gun magazines gave nice reviews on this, it seems a great concept as it's been described as a single stack glock,But nobody on the forums seem to care.It also specs as the shortest and thinest{it could be easier to hide than a 5shot as its difficult part to hide is the cylinder}but I wonder about the trigger pull and firing pin,is that also like a glock?{I mean not as heavy as a DAO exposed hammer}.I'm looking for something smaller than a sp101{had a early ruger p97 and like most autos the grip was long for my small waist].
I also did not totaly trust the firing pin inertia(light primer strikes].

Any comments on the Kahr micro?

Grey Wolf
10-10-2003, 01:02 AM
I used to own a Kahr K40 Covert (its the "fullsize K40, qith the smaller MK size grip)

I really liked the gun it was more than accurate and proved to be reliable. The finish is not perfect (I kinda expected more for the $$) but I wish I could've carried it.

FYI I traded mine for a Glock 27, since the range Nazi at my Dept would not authorize me to carry the Kahr :mad:

If you get one just make sure you go through the 200 round break in period, before you carry it, some have had issues during the break in, but have heard very little after the break in.

Check out http://www.pistolsmith.com/viewforum.php?f=42

Its the only Kahr based forum I know of.

Stay safe

Grey Wolf

paladin959
10-10-2003, 06:10 PM
A few of the gun magazines gave nice reviews on this, it seems a great concept as it's been described as a single stack glock,But nobody on the forums seem to care.It also specs as the shortest and thinest{it could be easier to hide than a 5shot as its difficult part to hide is the cylinder}but I wonder about the trigger pull and firing pin,is that also like a glock?{I mean not as heavy as a DAO exposed hammer}.I'm looking for something smaller than a sp101{had a early ruger p97 and like most autos the grip was long for my small waist].
I also did not totaly trust the firing pin inertia(light primer strikes].

Any comments on the Kahr micro?

My Dept. allows this weapon. we have about 50-70 in service as off duty/back ups,(personally owned). I am the dept. armorer/range nazi. In the past two years we have had very little in the way of problems with them.

I own a Kahr pm9....carry it off duty. I have no complaints. It is basically a Glock clone. The trigger is a nice DAO of about 5-7lbs, and striker fired. No problems with light hits.

I carried a Glock 27 for awhile......this is lighter/thinner.
Hope this helps some.

shooter
10-14-2003, 07:56 PM
The trigger on the Kahr has a much longer reset than the Glock guns. This is ok if you practice with it, but if you switch back and forth between guns it could be a problem. The guns are very well made and mine have been reliable.

Mark

Obiwan
10-23-2003, 08:02 AM
There have been some problems with the Polymer frame models (P9, PM9)

I am waiting for my replacement for my P9 after 3 trips to the factory.

Brass Balls
10-24-2003, 06:26 PM
I've carried both a MK40 and a PM9. After the initial 200 round break in period both guns have been very reliable. They are available with nightsights and are surprisingly accurate for their size especially when compared to other pocket pistols.

While the MK40 is nice I bought the PM9 to replace it for pocket carry as the PM9 is basically the same size but at 16 ounces with an empty magazine it is 9 ounces lighter than the MK40. Because of this it makes a great pocket gun for times when clothing requirements make hiding a larger gun difficult. It also would make a nice backup gun without the need to compromise with a lesser caliber.

The trigger pull on the Kahrs is very smooth but as mentioned the long reset can take a little getting used to. If I could change only one thing on the Kahr lineup it would be to shorten the reset.

clic pic
http://www.kahr.com/images/pm9094.gif (http://www.kahr.com/new_pm9094.html)

JodyH
10-25-2003, 08:56 AM
I have a Mk9 IWB right this moment.
I initialy had a problem with the slide showing EXTREME peening of the ejection port, but Kahr replaced the slide with a new stainless one, and sent me a free extra magazine, at no cost to me (other than the initial shipping costs). Since then, everything has been great.
The Kahr is king of the sub-compact size, full size caliber market.
Nobody can beat them for concealable 9mm's or .40's.

Wulfenite
10-25-2003, 10:04 PM
I've had an MK for a about 4 years.

Good: Accurate, Reliable, easy shooter even with plus P loads, very nice sights, good trigger, compact for "firepower" it has.

Bad: Recoil springs short lived (this is really a problem with any tiny gun), very heavy. Stainless is not totally stainless. Expensive mags.

It would be nice to up grade to the polymer to save a little weight but I love the MK so much its hard to get warmed up to replacing it.