PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness Belt Q

Skpotamus
04-29-2004, 03:45 PM
Hey guys, I was thinking about getting a wilderness instructor belt for my EDC. I've heard a lot of good things about them. I'm a private citizen, so this will be with normal jeans and occasional dockers etc. I was told other people did this and most people didn't even notice.

My Question is: I normally carry IWB, should I add an inch or so to the wilderness belt to make it more comfortable for this type of carry?

Thanks

georgel
04-29-2004, 05:57 PM
Go to their site and order directly from them. They have specific sizing instructions. Also, I would go for the 1.5" and the 5-stitch. The 1.75 can be too wide for many pants loops and the 5-stitch is the best stiffness for everyday use.
I just went to check the site and I think the price went down. I'd swear I paid $35 for mine.
Personally, I don't think anyone notices. The are lots of "tough" looking belts out there anymore.

http://thewilderness.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/3/products_id/36?osCsid=3042dad392063144691c564ad4823249

Gecko
04-30-2004, 03:37 AM
Normally for IWB you would want to add at least 2" to your normal belt size. I think their web site may have the ordering instructions.

These are good belts, however IMO they are not well suited for dressier wear, such as with Dockers and a nice shirt unless you wear the shirt untucked to cover the belt. If that is not your normal mode of dress up you may want to look at the Aker B21 for dressier wear. The Aker is leather (Black or Brown) with a poly insert and changeable hardware. They normally run under $50.00 from www.galls.com. You may have to call Galls as the Aker is really hard to find on their web site. However, Aker has a web site where you can see the belt if you're interested.

Condition Brown
04-30-2004, 06:33 AM
Agreed that the Wilderness belt is better suited for casual wear.

When purchasing your Wilderness belt, be specific as to your waist size. They will design the belt with 1.5" of variability (+/-) with the velcro on the belt so as you gain/loose weight (or add/subtract an IWB holster), you will be covered. It is a very forgiving design!

kforbus
04-30-2004, 05:58 PM
Can't go wrong with the wilderness!!!

ranger88
04-30-2004, 09:50 PM
Just ordered mine this past Wednesday and can't wait to try it out. I got the 1.5" in Khaki color (less severe looking than black), size 34". I'll post my thoughts about the belt when I get it. Thanks to everyone for such great advice on gear, guns, etc.

Low Drag
05-01-2004, 06:59 PM
Go to their site and order directly from them. They have specific sizing instructions. Also, I would go for the 1.5" and the 5-stitch. The 1.75 can be too wide for many pants loops and the 5-stitch is the best stiffness for everyday use.
I just went to check the site and I think the price went down. I'd swear I paid $35 for mine.
Personally, I don't think anyone notices. The are lots of "tough" looking belts out there anymore.

http://thewilderness.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/3/products_id/36?osCsid=3042dad392063144691c564ad4823249

Ditto, ditto and ditto!
Go to web site and follow the instructions there. I just got a black 1 1/2 inch 5 stitch and use it IBW and OBW and it it by far the best gun belt I've used.
I planned on wearing it this summer when I would normally wear a black web type belt with Teva type sandles etc. I now wear it all the time when I go casual.
You're going to like the belt. I'm thinking of getting their safe packer now too.