PDA

View Full Version : Gabe's CRG and The Punisher......

VaughnT
04-19-2004, 06:08 PM
Just finished seeing the newest action flick, The Punisher, and was thoroughly impressed with the action. I'm a sucker for any movie with guns and big explosions, so this was a good way to spend a few hours.

Anyhow, what really struck me was how the Punisher (TP) failed to follow Gabe's advice.

In the final big fight scene, and I don't mean to be a spoiler, TP is cleaning house. Going through a small room with maybe a dozen bad guys, you see TP take several hits to the body armor because he decided to do a "Proactive" reload after shooting one guy dead. The weapon wasn't at slide-lock so we have to assume there was one or more bullets left. Instead of checking his six as Gabe had us do countless times in the CRG class, TP drops the mag, takes two hits to the back, reloads his pistol (a nice Colt 1911), and turns to kill his attacker.

What I'm getting at is that this was a very clear example of what happens when you confuse the order of priority, and it could be used as such in future classes.

Thought I would share. Any other examples that I missed?

sween1911
04-20-2004, 12:37 PM
Vaughn,

I also saw that. He ejects the mag with the slide down, slams another one home, then racks the slide. HEY! That's either throwing away a good round, or a weak mag-spring that doesn't lock the slide open! (Probably a movie prop doesn't do slide-lock as most blank firing and .22 conversions won't :))

para.2
04-21-2004, 08:17 AM
Uhhh, Guys?....It IS a comic book.

para.2
04-21-2004, 10:04 AM
True enough, Dave, but I can probably count the technically accurate gunhandling scenes I've seen in movies on one hand, and still be able to scratch my.....chin. I long ago stopped worrying about it, and just take it for granted that hollyweird will get most of it wrong.

CarlosDJackal
04-21-2004, 03:00 PM
One word: H-O-L-L-Y-W-O-O-D

These are the same morons that like to have their actors rack their gun before they leave their vehicle and just before they enter a structure. I've also seen them state that Glocks have safeties that ned to me disengegaed (i.e. Steven Segal in Under Seige 2).

Al Lipscomb
04-22-2004, 06:40 AM
Uhhh, Guys?....It IS a comic book.

Sure but many comics books seem to demand higher quality than Hollywood. Why not just do it right?

Sizzler
04-22-2004, 09:38 AM
Just how hard would it be for Hollywood to do it right :confused:

I could undrestand if doing it right would cost big bucks. But the training the actors would have to do is nothing but more acting.

Q-ball
04-22-2004, 10:36 AM
People in general don't care if it's 'right'. They are there to be entertained, not to think. Hollywood just accomodates the masses, movies are for entertainment. I will probably never apply any of the tactics employed on the screen.