PDA

View Full Version : Close Range Gunfighting at Conyers

Ken Dunham
09-26-2003, 07:00 AM
Looking forward to it.

CarlosDJackal
10-16-2003, 02:33 PM
Me too. I just hope I have enough ammo and my tennis elbow holds out (God I'm old!!). :D

michael
10-19-2003, 06:31 PM
I wish I could go, but it's full:mad::mad::mad:

Bill Stringer
10-20-2003, 01:53 PM
Michael,

The good news is there will be another one next year with an extended format if there is enough interest.

Keep checking the web site.

michael
10-20-2003, 03:39 PM
Michael,

The good news is there will be another one next year with an extended format if there is enough interest.

Keep checking the web site.

Thanks Bill, I appreciate it. With my schedule it's hard for me to plan much in advance, which really limits me because the classes are so popular.

Bill Stringer
10-20-2003, 04:43 PM
Thanks Bill, I appreciate it. With my schedule it's hard for me to plan much in advance, which really limits me because the classes are so popular.

10-20-2003

Gabe and I were talking about different classes for the near future and we were wondering if people would be interested in a two day class that deals counter measures and improvised weapons.

Let me know what you all think.

michael
10-20-2003, 05:53 PM
10-20-2003

Gabe and I were talking about different classes for the near future and we were wondering if people would be interested in a two day class that deals counter measures and improvised weapons.

Let me know what you all think.

Count me in!! I've trained in many practical martial arts, the latest being Krav Maga, and am always looking for more tools for the toolbox. I train on my own now. Got tired of paying the monthly $$ and not really learning anything new, so now I train at home, but would welcome seminars to sharpen up the old skills.

CarlosDJackal
10-21-2003, 09:34 AM
Good morning every-bloody!! Nobody here (and nobody's perfect). :D

I had a blast at the Conyers Close-Range Gunfighting class. Learned a lot and met some great people. It was a good group (well, most of it :p ). And even though the clear night air did some funny stuff to us, we still maintained our focus. Despite all the noise the IPSC shooters made throughout, Gabe still had most of his voice intact by the end of the class. I found the retention and hand-to-hand stuff the most educational. Now if I can only remember it all. :(

We even managed to come up with a new technique that is a modification of the SUL for night use. I just can't figure out what it should be called. Some suggestions are: The Carlos SUL , The Carlos Flashlight SUL (primarily for my own ego), The Jackal SUL , The Jackal Flashlight SUL , The Blind Squirell SUL , or just The Flashlight SUL . I don't care who teaches or uses it, I'd just hate for some institution to take credit for it. Remember, there were 21 individuals who were there when that "Blind Squirell" found that nut the evening ot October 18th, at the South River Gun Club. I'll try to start a thread on it with some digital pictures posted. It's basically a low-light version of the SUL which incorporates the use of a flashlight. It can be used in the same situations that the SUL can, except in low light (brilliant, ain't I?).

To Gabe's credit, he gave it an initial evaluation and we used it in the class. It shows how open-minded an instructor he is. Thank to Bill Stringer for organizing the course.

I hope everybody got home safe and sound, and I'll see you in the funny papers!!

m1s90
10-21-2003, 03:14 PM
This was a great class, and yes Carlos Jackal did come up with a new mod of the SUL that works great with the flash light. Heck the thing is so simple even us Georgia boys can do it while chewing gum and walking. I still see spots after firing that "J" Frame during the night shoot. The class covered a tuck load of information, methods, and training drills that built on each other. Gabe did an out standing job presenting the class in a very clear and practical manor. The disarming and retention portions of the class covered some important aspects of Gunfight that most classes over look. Thanks go out to Gabe, William Stringer, and the whole class for making a great training experience.

Take it easy

Paul