PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness belt fuss.

Low Drag
04-11-2004, 04:50 PM
I like to be careful where I spend my money and the holster game sure ate a chuck of change. Iím a bit fugal, OK cheap.

I was a bit hesitant to order a Wilderness bel, buyer beware and all that. Well I finally ordered and received my Wilderness 5 stitch belt, 1 ĹĒ in black. All that hype is not hype! This is a good unit and money well spent.

Iím also a loyal customer. So now Iím looking at other Wilderness products and the Safe Packer looks like it could solve a few problems.

Anyone have one of these? If so what are your impressions?

mercop
04-11-2004, 09:00 PM
I have two Wilderness five stitch belts. One Tan the other black. The black one I wear as a garrison belt under my duty belt. The tan is my off duty belt. I like the fact that it does not have a bunch of extra metal around the buckle like most do. I love mine.

Steve Collins
04-12-2004, 12:39 PM
I use the 1 3/4" Instructors belt, the Zip Slide holster and single mag pouch for my Glock 19. I've used them for years and have no complaints, except that my belt is looking a little ragged, so it may be time for a new one!

VaughnT
04-12-2004, 05:05 PM
I love my WIB. The only downside is that it's not yet a year old and looks like it will need replacing soon. I wear it under my duty belt and really like how it distributes the weight, but the velcro that holds the tag end down has come loose.

When does the wear cease to be cosmetic and start being a functional problem? I'll never be rappelling with any belt (I'm too fat to do more than dangle!), but I'd like to be sure....just in case.

Great quality, just didn't hold up for years and years.

kforbus
04-12-2004, 07:19 PM
I have one that is a few years old and the velcro is in tact but freyed a lot. I am just going to my local upholstery shoop and have new velcro put on.

MACOP
04-13-2004, 02:35 PM
Just another vote for the 1 1/2 five stitch Wilderness belt.

I also wear it under my duty belt, and think it is fantastic. It makes the whole gunbelt easier to wear.

Sometimes I wear this belt off duty and prefer it to my Rosen belt. It is just more comfortable. Just can't wear it with my court suits.

Great piece of gear, and actually pretty cheap. Very happy with it.
Those of you who think you know everything are very annoying to those of us who do.
SteveB

Alexii
04-14-2004, 05:39 AM
I've been a loyal 5-stitch 1.75" Wilderness belt user for four years. I've been wearing the same belt every single day with either my Levi's or occasional BDUs. I was able to preserve the velcro from fraying by not letting both sides "slide" against each other when removing it. I instead peel it apart and use my right thumb as a buffer between two panels when it passes thru the front belt loop. It still looks new to this day.

Hope this helps.

bill clancy
04-19-2004, 10:16 PM
I used one for SAR use. Keeps the pants up, the pistol ready, and saved my sorry arse with the wonderful buckle. Wouldn't be posting here tonight without it!

MTS
04-20-2004, 01:24 PM
...and saved my sorry arse with the wonderful buckle. Wouldn't be posting here tonight without it!

Details?:confused:

bill clancy
04-21-2004, 04:07 AM
While recovering a body, I slid down a slipery grass covered slope, and part way down a cliff. I self arrested (Thank God!) and yelled to fellow members who sent me a rope with a biner on the end. I snapped it on the wilderness belt and they pulled me up.

MTS
04-21-2004, 05:49 PM
Thanks, glad your OK.