PDA

View Full Version : Lasers Again

Ammo Lab
03-26-2004, 12:33 AM
edited for content

DaveJames
03-26-2004, 01:44 AM
David,one of my troops who is also on the FI team here has a set and about 100rds down range playing with it now in training and useing it to coach poor shooters.. No problem! haven't even had to change the battery,, working 10-15 hour days in and out of the crusier and getting banged against, all kinds of stuff and the grips are good to go

Bodfish
03-26-2004, 09:38 AM
I have had a CT on my S&W titanium J frame for several years. I have found the CT to be very worthwhile, particularly in low light environments, where it is difficult to pick up the J frame sights. The CT units are easy to adjust for zero, and will hold zero when removed and replaced for weapon cleaning. They are very durable, and mine has held up well under the sharp recoil of the titanium J frame. IMO, they are an excellent product.

Condition Brown
03-26-2004, 12:41 PM
I've had a S&W 442 with the Crimson Trace LG-205 grips on it. I took a two-day course where I put 600 rounds through it. Putting that many rounds through such a light gun. But the laser grips held up, and worked flawlessly. They make a good product.

DaveJames
03-27-2004, 09:43 PM
David, it seems that they tend to fade in bright sunlight. Did a test with it standing outside of a wharehouse in bright sunlight, and once the beam was inside you could see a dim dot most of the time, am not sure if the other type{Pluse} would work better for transition from day to dark, under canopys and sideings and any where there is the little bit of shade it seems to show well, we resighted his so now the dot floats just on top of the front sight, and it is better this way

Decado
03-28-2004, 06:43 AM
I really do not care for them all that much. I was given a CTC unit for my SIG 220 to try out. I found it well made and accurate but for me it felt totally unnatural to NOT look at my sights when shooting. I had to really concentrate to keep my shots on target. Two guys on our Dept. ESU team have lasers, 1 CTC and 1 Lasermax. I think they will work well for an ESU guy who has to carry a ballistic shield, K-9 handler or anyone forced to shoot one handed. For me though, I know I am much more accurate with my iron sights so I am sticking with those.

Decado