PDA

View Full Version : New Hand Exerciser/Improvised weapon

Ragsbo
10-06-2006, 11:59 AM
I was making my weekly contribution to Wally world yesterday and found something very interesting. It is called a "Gravity Grip" and designed for exercising the hand. It is a ball that you squeeze. It has pretty good resistance, but here is the kicker, it says it weighs 1 pound. It feels heavier to me so I don't know. What I do know is if you just happened to have it in your hand when you had the need to bash someone up side the head, it would really add to the experience. One of the guys I work with suggested that it would be nice to have on a plane- you know how flying gets to you and having the ball to workout the stress would help. BUT I must warn you, we ran a hand held metal detector over it, and it did register an alarm, so I don't know what it has in it. I think it was around 5 bucks. I got two, one for work, one for home.

Just another "tool" to have at your disposal.

Cold War Scout
10-06-2006, 02:45 PM
I was making my weekly contribution to Wally world yesterday and found something very interesting. It is called a "Gravity Grip" and designed for exercising the hand. It is a ball that you squeeze. It has pretty good resistance, but here is the kicker, it says it weighs 1 pound. It feels heavier to me so I don't know. What I do know is if you just happened to have it in your hand when you had the need to bash someone up side the head, it would really add to the experience. One of the guys I work with suggested that it would be nice to have on a plane- you know how flying gets to you and having the ball to workout the stress would help. BUT I must warn you, we ran a hand held metal detector over it, and it did register an alarm, so I don't know what it has in it. I think it was around 5 bucks. I got two, one for work, one for home.

Just another "tool" to have at your disposal.

I have been using one for about a year. I find it to actually be very good for elbow tendonitis, as well as overall grip strength.

michael
10-06-2006, 04:33 PM
I have been using one for about a year. I find it to actually be very good for elbow tendonitis, as well as overall grip strength.

That's exactly what I need.

Ragsbo
10-06-2006, 05:09 PM
I have used one for a couple years too, but not this heavy. It is heavy and harder to squeeze.

scottmr
10-06-2006, 06:42 PM
snag yourself a Dyna-flex gyro excerciser. They can develop some serious resistance. Pretty unassuming piece, but once you get it up to speed you'll have to do everything in your power to keep it from flying out of your hand.

http://www.dynaflex-intl.com/gyro_info.htm