PDA

View Full Version : Suarez International Holsters

Gabriel Suarez
03-16-2004, 06:38 AM
Gents,

After wrestling with a bunch of different holster designs, I finally decided to have some made.

Question: What is wrong with most Kydex-Type holsters?

Answer: Your butt sticks out. Your gun butt that is. Many of these designs have been developed for IDPA competition and/or shooting school training. This means that their primary purpose is the fast draw and not to hide the gun. The rear end of the gun sticks out into space making true concealment difficult without a great deal of extra care. And even then, its difficult to keep the gun from "printing".

With a good design, the gun should be held very close in to the body, eliminating the "butt printing syndrome", yet still allow a fast draw.

I took this concept to our friend and staff instructor Dale Fricke. Dale is in charge of teaching CCW in AZ and has been making custom holsters on an individual basis for years. He looked at the concept behind the holster and got busy designing a great holster.

The holster is called the Gideon Elite and it will be available from Suarez International in a few weeks.

Features:

1).Made out of kydex
2).Provide for greater concealment than other rigs
3).Be Outside Pants Belt Holster
4).Hold pistol tight to the body
5).Reasonably Priced
6).Initially it will only be available in black, and only for Glocks
(More models and colors will soon be available).

Stay Tuned For More

RMF
03-16-2004, 08:15 AM
Are you going to have one for 1911's. If so I would like to put in a plug for an 'ear' to cover the thumb safety. It is more comfortable to carry and helps keeping the safety from getting wiped off.

Looking forward to them!

para.2
03-16-2004, 09:24 AM
When you're ready to make one for an M9, let me know!

michael
03-16-2004, 10:00 AM
Great idea!! Looks like a neat holster. Any chance of getting one for a Glock 22 in time for the CRG class in Greenville?

The Searcher
03-16-2004, 11:04 AM
Sounds like what I've been looking for. I've tried wearing a "gun school" holster but find that I have to have cover from behind to keep the butt from printing.

With this new design, I'll only have one butt sticking out too far. :D

kforbus
03-16-2004, 04:05 PM
How about a view from the other side of the holster? Looks great and I am in the market for a new one.

garrettwc
03-16-2004, 04:08 PM
Question: What is wrong with most Kydex-Type holsters?

Answer: Your butt sticks out. Your gun butt that is.

Yes! Hallelujah!

I thought it was just me that had this trouble.

I will be looking forward to seeing more details.

mikey177
03-16-2004, 04:27 PM
Could you please post some photos of a person wearing the holster so we'd have a better idea of its profile and potential for concealability? Also, will you be accepting international orders?

QuietProtector
03-16-2004, 07:10 PM
When for SIG's? P239, P229, P220??

MrTenX
03-16-2004, 07:26 PM
Left hand models?

DaveJames
03-16-2004, 08:58 PM
I want to know Gabe who did the grip on your Glock?

Gabriel Suarez
03-16-2004, 10:48 PM
Gents,

I'll have more pictures soon. Initially we will ahve them for Glocks, but other models will be available soon thereafter.

There will be another rig designed for d-e-e-p concealment. Other than someone coming up and grabbing you, they can't see you are carrying a gun. This last one is called the Joshua Covert, and is a revolutionary design that will allow you to carry a full size pistol in a pair of jeans and a tucked in dress shirt.

The stocks/grip on the Glock 19 was done by Robar wayyy back in 1997 for my wife. Yep, that is the Commander-In-Chief's carry gun.

InTheBlack
03-17-2004, 12:08 AM
The outside profile should be a plain, symmetrical rectangle with curved corners. If the portion below the butt becomes visible, it should appear to be some sort of personal organizer hanging off your belt. Make the bottom fully closed.

Additionally, covering the visible area with leather having some kind of stitching pattern reminiscent of a calculator or organizer case will provide additional visual misdirection. I'd even glue a zipper around the perimeter.

michael
03-17-2004, 06:29 AM
Gabe,
I like the names you've chosen for the holsters.;)

Gabriel Suarez
03-17-2004, 06:42 AM
The outside profile should be a plain, symmetrical rectangle with curved corners. If the portion below the butt becomes visible, it should appear to be some sort of personal organizer hanging off your belt. Make the bottom fully closed.

Additionally, covering the visible area with leather having some kind of stitching pattern reminiscent of a calculator or organizer case will provide additional visual misdirection. I'd even glue a zipper around the perimeter.

You can get very elaborate, expensive, complicated, and heavy when it comes to holster design. There are different levels of concealment from light covering, which most of us use daily to be "legal", and deep concealment which allows you to go armed in non-permissive environments. There is also off-body carry.

My desire with THIS holster was as an answer to the range holsters that don't even cover very well. It is simple, and reasonably priced. For those who wish to elaborate on the basics, leather, denim, or whatever can be glued to the kydex, although I don't recommend it.

If you wish deeper concealment, there is the Joshua Covert as seen below. This will hide a full-sized gun, in the pants and under a tucked in shirt w/o the need for any other deception.

michael
03-17-2004, 06:58 AM
Looks great. I have hoped for a holster that is stable and can be hidden under a tucked -in shirt. I tried Comp-tac's shirt tucker, but didn't like it at all. The gun flopped around, it was uncomfortable and not very well hidden.

DaveJames
03-17-2004, 11:06 AM
Gabe, will design fit women's hip's profi? it is hard to fine one for them,I ask as you are use'n COMNAVHMFT's{Com Naval Home Front} i.e. the BOSS's handgun in the photos :D

TXHunter
03-17-2004, 07:12 PM
Ditto on the LH holsters. Any chance on seeing the two models in Amarillo next month?

Gabriel Suarez
03-17-2004, 08:25 PM
I'll see what I can do on all counts. remember this is a first time for all this so having them available in all shapes, sizes, models, and colors may take a while.

Shaughn
03-18-2004, 07:26 PM
I vote for the open toe holster, since I have been known to go for an impromtu swim from time to time and the idea of a closed bottom holster, brings to mind all sorts of foreign matter getting in and staying there.

Any thoughts on combo units (mag pouch with light etc.) that ride a lot higher than most i've seen to date.

Thanks.

menachite
03-29-2004, 07:37 AM
Gabe, do have any other pictures of the OWB?

Could your new holster address some of my concerns in this thread?

http://warriortalk.com/showthread.php?t=1723

Ragin Cajun
03-29-2004, 07:47 AM
Will you have some with you this weekend in South Carolina???

For the G17?

Don't forget your new book.

See you Sat.

Gabriel Suarez
03-29-2004, 02:59 PM
I'll bring the proto-type!

RedDevil
04-29-2004, 07:42 AM
Gabe, any update on these holsters?

michael
04-29-2004, 08:33 AM
I'm anxiously awaiting one also. I saw the prototype in SC, and it looks great. It's exactly what I'm looking for.

michael
05-05-2004, 02:48 PM
I just ordered my Joshua Covert from the website!! Can't wait to get it!!

Stickman
05-06-2004, 12:11 AM
Mr. Suarez,
Will the M35 fit in a holster for the other .40S&W Glocks if the end of the holster is open?

Edit: Disregard, I notice the 35 is mentioned on the website

Erich
05-06-2004, 07:37 AM
What about us Southpaws? :( (The Covert looks great!)

RedDevil
05-06-2004, 07:39 AM
I'm eagerly waiting the OWB holster especially for the 1911. Please keep us updated.

DaveJames
05-06-2004, 09:49 AM
Okay, Michael, you are now on my short list,damn,damn,damn
see, i'm pouting already ;)

michael
05-06-2004, 03:35 PM
Dave,

I'll attach a photo of my Glock in it if you like. :)-

Stickman
05-06-2004, 06:08 PM
What about us Southpaws? :( (The Covert looks great!)

Yes, I forgot to mention that--another southpaw here.

DaveJames
05-06-2004, 08:09 PM
Thats alright you evil plastic pistol shooters{try that 3 times},
will get yours once,, We left handed SIG shooters take over the world, HA!HA!HA!HA! :D

P.D.
05-06-2004, 09:47 PM
It looks good to me, but I need it in lefthanded and for a BHP.

mudgunner49
02-18-2005, 08:51 AM
Right-handed and for a BHP...