PDA

View Full Version : Supplements ?

dogfacedan
08-28-2006, 01:26 PM
Anyone here have any experience with ENDOTHIL from Novex-biotech. some pretty optimistic claims.thanks,dan

Manwell
08-28-2006, 03:36 PM
It looks interesting, but for me personally Iíd rather not be taking anything thatís new and looks too good to be real. At one point in my life I lifted heavy; I was quite sizeable, to the point that I had to have my shirts and pants tailored to fit correctly.

These days I concentrate on core strength and exercises that keep me strong, trim and fit cardiovascular wise. I also try and do workout that I can do for many years to come and that wonít wreak havoc on my jointsÖ

Manwell

dogfacedan
08-31-2006, 07:00 PM
Well, is anyone using H.M.B. ? Creatine? or Glutamine? my body is old and damaged, and without this stuff i could not make any progress at the gym. any thoughts ? dan.

michael
09-01-2006, 03:23 AM
I've used creatine several times in the past, but have always found the effects temporary. It does work while you are taking it, but I don't want to take it permanently as some do. I guess I'll just stick with bad nutrition and hard work.:D

Manwell
09-01-2006, 04:30 AM
I take glutamine daily and believe it to be a good supplement. Iíve cycled on and off with creatine over the years and as Michael mentioned it does work when youíre taking it. Iíve recently used SynthaTrex (Creatine with Arginine-AKG) by ProSource and man it will put the bulk on ya and increase strength rather quickly. Again, this is too much for me on a full time bases. I have used it to get over plateaus in my workout program.

It really depends on what your goals areÖ there is no magic bullet, consistent hard work in the key in my opinion. I take multiple vitamins, vitamin B complex, fish oil, flaxseed oil, glucosamine, calcium, magnesium and zinc spread throughout the day, every day. Iím also a big believer in good quality protein supplements. I supplement with protein after my workout, mid-day and before going to bed for the night. Eat as clean as possible and work at it every day for the rest of your life. Donít plan on fixing stuff thatís been broke for years, overnight.

Just my totally unprofessional opinion of stuff that I do that works for me, weíre all different!

Manwell