PDA

View Full Version : Jim Grover

GTM
03-13-2004, 02:32 PM
I want to buy some videos by Jim Grover...
I would like to know what's the difference between :
COMBATIVE PISTOL, Jim Grover's Guide to Extreme Close-Quarters Shooting
INSIDE THE CRUCIBLE,Vol. 4: Close-Quarters Shooting and Combative Pistol Skills
Thanks in advance,

V42
03-14-2004, 09:20 AM
I think Combative Pistol does a better job of illustrating his close range techniques than his Inside The Crucible series or his earlier 4 part series.

Cold War Scout
03-15-2004, 07:35 AM
I found the Combative Pistol video to be quite a good one.

Paul Gomez
03-15-2004, 09:26 AM
Depends what you're looking for....If you already have a base of skill with the defensive handgun [particularly the drawstroke], and you are looking for information on contact distance shooting, McCann's Combative Pistol tape is very good. His 4-tape pistol series is one of the best addressing the pistol out there. It is much more broad spectrum than Combative Pistol. In my opinion, the "must have" McCann tapes are the origional Defensive Handgunning set, Combatives, Volume 1, Combative Pistol, Inside The Crucible, Volume 3 and Situational Self Offense. Those tapes will give you a very good exposure to a wide rnage of defensive skills.

GTM
03-17-2004, 05:01 AM
Looking for close-quarters shooting range, I wanted to know the difference between Grover's video on the subject...
Thanks for the reactivity and quality you answers.
GTM

DaveJames
03-17-2004, 11:13 AM
Matt,, have you used any of his videos for training in a class room evo?, I ask due to the restraints we are placed in due to a Liability ruleing

bae4
04-16-2004, 10:35 AM
Combatives is probably the best self-defense video I've ever seen. It basically cuts out the BS/dojo elements that still creep into other systems.

Decado
07-12-2005, 03:36 PM
Today I received Inside the Crucible vol. 4 and Tactical Carbine vol. 1 & 2 from Paladin Press. I really liked them both. I am going to spend some serious time going over ITC 4 as there seemed to be lots of good material there. I will also be buying the rest of the series.

With my order I also received the most recent Paladin Press Catalog. Nice cover Gabe!

Decado

leadpunch
07-17-2005, 11:42 AM
has anybody seen the minimum damage,maximum effect video by jim grover? if so a review on the O.C. spray section would be great.

CPerez
07-17-2005, 01:00 PM
I have the tape and to be honest it has been the only tape from Jim Grover that I was not 100% pleased with, the http://www.demibarbito.com/ tape on OC is a more complete video than the one from Mr. Grover, The information is good just not worth the retail price for what is being sold.

Cheers,
Carlos

Cold War Scout
07-17-2005, 02:27 PM
I have the tape and to be honest it has been the only tape from Jim Grover that I was not 100% pleased with, the http://www.demibarbito.com/ tape on OC is a more complete video than the one from Mr. Grover, The information is good just not worth the retail price for what is being sold.

Cheers,
Carlos

It definitely was not as good as a number of his others.

michael
07-17-2005, 05:21 PM
has anybody seen the minimum damage,maximum effect video by jim grover? if so a review on the O.C. spray section would be great.

It a very underwhelming video. I'm a huge fan of Grover/McCann, but this one is lacking. I watched it once and sold it. It's a decent BASIC overview of many non-lethal items, but very general and does not cover any of them in depth. I would spend my $$ elsewhere.

todd_xxxx
08-04-2005, 06:00 AM
If anyone has any Grover videos they would like to loan me (for a fee, of course), please PM me. I already have the combatives series and situational self offense. I don't really want to buy anymore because I tend to only watch them once or twice and use what I like, and then they sit and collect dust. I believe its perfectly legal to do that as long as you the videos aren't duplicated, but if I'm wrong, someone please correct me and delete this post if necessary. Thanks.