PDA

View Full Version : Good legal UK equalizers

THE BIG EVIL
03-12-2004, 04:55 PM
I pack A Cyber-Light N16 which makes a good club and can blind a attacker wIith just 3 of its 6 L.E.Dís and a T.R.U.E blowtorch lighter which makes a good fist load and can burn at close range. I Just want to know what legal equalizers others use and if I can get a Impact Kerambit in the U.K

Justin_P
03-13-2004, 08:57 AM
I pack A Cyber-Light N16 which makes a good club and can blind a attacker wIith just 3 of its 6 L.E.Dís and a T.R.U.E blowtorch lighter which makes a good fist load and can burn at close range. I Just want to know what legal equalizers others use and if I can get a Impact Kerambit in the U.K

From what I heard, It seems that on your side of the pond, self defense weaponry is looked down upon in the eyes of the law. So, whatever you chose shouldn't look like an obvious weapon if you're worried about such things. The flashlight seems on the right track. The Kerambit doesn't. Something that looks improvised.

Oh, and burning doesn't strike me as a viable method of SD. Not particularly effective and strikes me as sadistic.

Bodfish
03-14-2004, 02:35 PM
If you want to carry a blowtorch lighter for self defense, you had best have a very good reason and justification for carrying it other than for self defense.
The pocket change purse that can be used as a sap, which has been discussed here before, might be a reasonable possibility.

Sleuth
03-15-2004, 01:55 PM
Some years ago I was talking with a "Bobby". He saw a kid with a studded belt, and asked him what the belt was for. Kid said "To hold up my pants." Bobby removed the belt, and his pants stayed up. Kid says "I like to have something to swing..." He got jail time for "Carry of an offensive weapon."

It is not one world.

If you carry a lighter, better have some ciggs. A flashlight - you could get away with IF you always describe it as a lighting tool, never a weapon.

Deaf Smith
03-17-2004, 06:59 PM
In England I'm amazed they even let you learn H2H. Or have they banned that to?

Anthony
03-18-2004, 08:33 AM
It wasn't so bad when I lived there, as it is now. But even then we couldn't carry weapons for personnel defense. ( I'm not talking about service where obviously I carried - FIREARMS on British soil.)
Mr BIG EVIL ( where did you dream up this handle ? :rolleyes: ) there are many possibilities if you use your imagination.
When I left the Royal Marines, I worked security in London for a few months before moving to Brazil.
A guy came into the Mall ( London Bridge ) with his forhead cut open down to the bone. His face & suit were red with blood. I cleaned him up in the toilet ( nobody else wanted to touch him, - back in 1988, they were worried about the HIV virus.) The police & an Ambulance were called.
He had been walking across London bridge, when a thug with an umbrella ( a bone or wooden handled one,) simply swung the umbrella into his face !
Think about this. It rains in England almost every bloody day. An umbrella could never be conviscated as a weapon. Buy a good solid model, bone or wood handle. A cane if you are of an age to need one. They are as good or even better than certain batons.
Certain metal combs slash as well as a knife. A bunch of keys makes a great weapon too.
But................it's your mind that will win you through if needed.
A strong show of agression, the will to fight no matter what the odds. If you do fight, - NO QUARTER with these thugs. HURT THEM HARD ! Put them down, & make them stay down.
Good luck.
By the way, my mother & sister ( & family ) live in Devon. Nice county. I know Dartmoor very well ( as do all Royal Marines.)
I may even get up there this year. Would be nice.

Regards,
Anthony.

RO'Shea
03-19-2004, 11:29 AM
It wasn't so bad when I lived there, as it is now. But even then we couldn't carry weapons for personnel defense. ( I'm not talking about service where obviously I carried - FIREARMS on British soil.)
Mr BIG EVIL ( where did you dream up this handle ? :rolleyes: ) there are many possibilities if you use your imagination.
When I left the Royal Marines, I worked security in London for a few months before moving to Brazil.
A guy came into the Mall ( London Bridge ) with his forhead cut open down to the bone. His face & suit were red with blood. I cleaned him up in the toilet ( nobody else wanted to touch him, - back in 1988, they were worried about the HIV virus.) The police & an Ambulance were called.
He had been walking across London bridge, when a thug with an umbrella ( a bone or wooden handled one,) simply swung the umbrella into his face !
Think about this. It rains in England almost every bloody day. An umbrella could never be conviscated as a weapon. Buy a good solid model, bone or wood handle. A cane if you are of an age to need one. They are as good or even better than certain batons.
Certain metal combs slash as well as a knife. A bunch of keys makes a great weapon too.
But................it's your mind that will win you through if needed.
A strong show of agression, the will to fight no matter what the odds. If you do fight, - NO QUARTER with these thugs. HURT THEM HARD ! Put them down, & make them stay down.
Good luck.
By the way, my mother & sister ( & family ) live in Devon. Nice county. I know Dartmoor very well ( as do all Royal Marines.)
I may even get up there this year. Would be nice.

Regards,
Anthony.

Anthony makes a good point. There a quite a few practical everyday items one wouldn't normally associate with self-defense which make effective weapons. I always tell my wife to carry a sharpened 2H pencil in her bag, if she ever gets nervous, get it out and pretend to make notes with it. One good thrust up through the soft part of lower jaw into the roof of the mouth and brain will fix most assailants.

Deaf Smith
03-19-2004, 05:21 PM
And when you meet two or three of them and they 'broke the law' and brought knives and clubs? I know that was illegal of them, but by definition criminals do break laws.

Sure glad I live in Texas. As I speak a Glock 26 rest at my side. Loaded to.