PDA

View Full Version : Wanted - Suarez International Instructors

Gabriel Suarez
07-07-2006, 12:59 PM
Gents,

S.I. is looking for reps throughtout the USA. Our goal is at least one staff trainer per state.

If there is no representative in your area, or even if there is, and your state is a large or heavily populated state, let us know of your interest.

There are requirements, but they are reasonable. There is pay for classes taught and its more than what "big name schools" pay. This has already worked for a few trainers in various parts of the country and overseas.

Become a part of the adventure.

Anthony
07-07-2006, 01:03 PM
Now would a foreigner who became a S.I. Instructor, have a reason that would be sufficient to obtain a temporary or permanent visa to live in the USA ?
Just a thought. ;)
Regards,
Anthony.

Cold War Scout
07-07-2006, 01:14 PM
I could not even think about this in Va. without meeting an untimely, unfortunate fate...at the hands of G30Jack!

Fulanito
07-07-2006, 01:20 PM
Now would a foreigner who became a S.I. Instructor, have a reason that would be sufficient to obtain a temporary or permanent visa to live in the USA ?
Just a thought. ;)
Regards,
Anthony.

As I recall from working at a few embassies in my time, I believe you would need a "unique skill", "job promise letter" and a police records check. Then, one could petition for residency through the U.S. consulate at the Embassy in you home country. Very difficult to get these days, even as a medical doctor.

Regards,

Mark Powell
07-07-2006, 01:23 PM
email sent

Jack Rumbaugh
07-07-2006, 01:45 PM
I could not even think about this in Va. without meeting an untimely, unfortunate fate...at the hands of G30Jack!

You can have DC and Maryland:D

mlhoward
07-07-2006, 01:48 PM
Just a thought. ;)
Regards,
Anthony.Of course I can't speak for SI, but in general I would think someone in the training business could get an L-1 non-immigrant 'Intra-company Transferee Visa'. This requires that the employee be employed for at least a year in the home country, then be transferred to the US. Here is the blurb from the State Department site:
Intra-company Transferee Visa (L-1)

Required by an alien who is being transferred by his current employer to a specific executive or technical job with the same firm, or subsidiary thereof, in the United States. The employment must be approved in advance by the USCIS in the United States on the basis of an application filed by the prospective employer (http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/visa/niv/work2.html).

crebralfix
07-07-2006, 02:20 PM
I am interested. What are the requirements?

Al Lipscomb
07-07-2006, 03:07 PM
Email sent.

I would be interested in working with someone here in Florida to make this happen.

Anthony
07-07-2006, 04:15 PM
Whilst I wasn't asking 'with tongue in cheek', I really didn't expect a positive answer to my question.
But as I have a European passport, I can enter the USA for 90 days at a time without much problem for business and leisure. - Doing courses is not a problem.
As S.I. grows, then I imagine there will be a requirement for more overseas instructors also. - And a language skill is always usefull for this.
I'll watch this space. ;)
Regards,
Anthony.

TxCop312
07-07-2006, 07:08 PM
Email sent.

Michael Biggs
07-07-2006, 07:11 PM
Gents,

S.I. is looking for reps throughtout the USA. Our goal is at least one staff trainer per state.

If there is no representative in your area, or even if there is, and your state is a large or heavily populated state, let us know of your interest.

There are requirements, but they are reasonable. There is pay for classes taught and its more than what "big name schools" pay. This has already worked for a few trainers in various parts of the country and overseas.

Become a part of the adventure.

I am interested in this.

fifthprofession47
07-07-2006, 07:36 PM
Email sent...

chef.45
07-07-2006, 07:45 PM
email sent

Ragsbo
07-07-2006, 09:53 PM
E-mail sent, would be interested in finding out more.

Gabriel Suarez
07-08-2006, 10:11 PM
Thanks gents. I am still in Switzerland, but will return to CONUS in a few days. In short, here is the guidelines -

A Suarez Intl Staff instructor hosts a Gabe Suarez class in his local area once per year to year and a half (depending on area). Either this, or he must attend a Suarez class once every same time period (things get updated occasionally).

An S.I. staff instructor gets to teach basic and intermediate level S.I. classes at his location. These classes are fully supported and marketed by S.I. All you do is organize the range, and show up to teach. We do all the admin. Before the class, S.I. will send you a check for your class.

Occasionally, off site training classes may become available and these can be assigned to those interested in travelling. S.I. staff need to be active in teaching at their local level, and will need to teach one such class per year minimum.

We will ask you to get insurance as well as sign an a greement with us stipulating all these details. Requirements include teaching and shooting ability in the S.I. system. You gotta be able to do and impart. Staff must attend S.I. training classes in the area they wish to teach.

In any case...that is it in a nutshell. Gotta go teach.

Gabriel Suarez
07-11-2006, 07:30 AM
Dear Staff Instructor Candidate,

I have spent a great amount of effort recently refining all the details of our existing instructor program. Right off the bat I want to let you know my personal goals…the goals for Suarez International (henceforth referred to as S.I.)

Goals:

1). Significantly multiply the number of S.I. Courses being taught around the world…and specially in the USA by having one instructor per region. A region may be a state, or a portion of a large state.

2). Grow the recognition and reputation of S.I. by increasing the number of students exposed to our concepts/doctrine/training yearly.

3). Expand our organization by developing and cultivating able instructors to do items 1 and 2 and allow me more time to pursue curriculum enhancement and product development with an eye on the future of our industry.

I’ve researched a number of successful organizations with similar business models and characteristics to S.I. that have grown to international proportions well beyond the “one-man-show” stage. I’ve studied their methods and ops plans and selected points which are workable within our framework. Specifically, I have disregarded the marketing and ops plans of large fixed locations (“big box retail schools”) as their situations are very different from ours.

Here is an outline of my plan:

1). Suarez International will certify instructors as “Staff Instructors” via a standard certification process.

Implicit in the process is the inherent desire for you to teach this stuff commercially, so there will be a requirement for you to teach. I have no interest in certifying anyone just so they can hang another certificate on the wall.

2). Once certified, our instructors will be given Regional Concession Areas. That is, you will be able to teach S.I. material, supported by S.I.H.Q. under our license, in your assigned regional concession area. This may be a state, or a part of a state in highly populated areas.

No other instructor, certified or not, will be permitted to teach S.I. Courses, or host Gabe Suarez in your concession area without your express permission, or unless you are not actively involved teaching and hosting.

3). Suarez International will support your S.I. Courses administratively via the fine infrastructure we already have in place (website, forum, mailing list advertising, office administration, credit card processing services, etc) so you can focus on simply teaching the material. Before the class we will send you a check and admin paperwork for your class.

Our detailed plan lists the various ways in which S.I. H.Q. will help you. We will deduct a 25% operational support fee to cover all of our administrative efforts on your behalf. With this program, all you need to do is show up, teach your class, and cash your check. This is probably going to be more than most "Factory Schools" pay their instructors.

There are many proven strategies we can employ to promote and populate your training course. As a personal note, I am planning to limit my personally-taught training courses to fewer visits in a given region per year. These will give students ample reason to attend your training course.

Here is the certification process:

1). Staff candidates must attend training in a Gabe Suarez course in the discipline they want to teach. Specifically, you must know the course material and be able to not only teach it, but do it on demand.

2). Staff instructors will be required to maintain standards of excellence in skill, teaching, and other areas where they may represent S.I.

3). As a business we will require certain things such as insurance, and a non-compete agreement (specifically written to protect S.I. and S.I. instructors from having our marketing process used for another school). S.I. is a professional business and we run things that way.

As you see, it is not difficult, but it is specific. This opportunity is a win-win situation for both of us and I am looking forward to making this happen. Please let us know if you wish to pursue this.

Thank You,

Kilroymcb
07-11-2006, 04:41 PM
What sort of a class size would a prospective staff instructor have to look forward to? Obviously, however many actually sign up, but is there going to a cap on the student/instructor ratio? Will the regional instructor be running the show with assistants... or some other method?

Anthony
07-11-2006, 05:28 PM
1). Staff candidates must attend training in a Gabe Suarez course in the discipline they want to teach. Specifically, you must know the course material and be able to not only teach it, but do it on demand.

So I am assuming that if somebody wished to teach more than one discipline, then they must attend more than one class ? - Seems obvious to me.

Might it be a good idea to list each of the separate disciplines for those interested ?
A candidate could then choose the discipline(s) that more suit his/her area, depending on the state/country being gun friendly or not etc.
Example:
In an area where pistols are difficult to own/carry, but shotguns & rifles aren't, taking a GRG course with a pistol, might not be the wisest move.
Just an idea.
Regards,
Anthony.

Gabriel Suarez
07-11-2006, 05:35 PM
Kilroy,

Enrollment will vary. Recently, on Mother's Day weekend we had 12 students in a Colorado class. Ten-twelve would be a good number to aim for.

Kilroymcb
07-11-2006, 07:01 PM
Kilroy,

Enrollment will vary. Recently, on Mother's Day weekend we had 12 students in a Colorado class. Ten-twelve would be a good number to aim for.

Thanks for the prompt response. No assistant instructors then? I guess in the event of a humongous class someone from another region could be called in.

Also, I take it making arrangements with the local ranges would also be our responsibility?

dogfacedan
09-05-2006, 03:49 PM
Can you give us an update on how the response has been to your search,thanks,Dan

Gabriel Suarez
09-05-2006, 06:21 PM
Gents,

Information packets will be going out soon. I apologize for the delay but things got crazy since we got back from Europe. Its a good crazy, but you get the idea.

Stay tuned for more ...

AmericanWarrior
09-05-2006, 06:56 PM
Gabe I wish you the best of luck! Sounds like a good plan...Someday I'll be at one of your classes...Carbine or something maybe CRG:D

Just a thought. ;)
Regards,
Anthony.
Where would you like live if you came to the US?? If you dont mind me asking?

Anthony
09-06-2006, 04:53 AM
Where would you like live if you came to the US?? If you dont mind me asking?
AW,
No I don't mind.
In 1983, I personally drove through the states of:
Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, Arizona, Utah, Idaho and Montana.
I sure loved the west.
In 1993, I spent a month in Florida. That was very nice also.

Where would I live ?
1) Where there is work.
2) Where CCWs are 'must issue'. ;)
But I would prefer the west I think, or Florida.
Regards,
Anthony.

SUAREZ CORPORATE
09-06-2006, 05:47 AM
In 1993, I spent a month in Florida. That was very nice also.You do realize, of course, that there are two distinct Florida's. The portion from Orlando southward is sometimes known as Brooklyn South (with the subsection known as North Havana near Miami). Northern Florida is a part of the US South. Two distinctly different ways of behavior, social interactions, etc.

Nanuk
09-06-2006, 07:50 PM
I would love to, however, my job with Uncle Sam is unpredicable, in that I may be anywhere in the country with no notice.:(

DonQ
09-11-2006, 04:58 AM
You do realize, of course, that there are two distinct Florida's. The portion from Orlando southward is sometimes known as Brooklyn South (with the subsection known as North Havana near Miami). Northern Florida is a part of the US South. Two distinctly different ways of behavior, social interactions, etc.

:confused:

Cold War Scout
09-11-2006, 05:39 AM
You do realize, of course, that there are two distinct Florida's. The portion from Orlando southward is sometimes known as Brooklyn South (with the subsection known as North Havana near Miami). Northern Florida is a part of the US South. Two distinctly different ways of behavior, social interactions, etc.

I used to like to say "southern Georgia and northern Florida...a distinction without a difference."

SUAREZ CORPORATE
09-11-2006, 05:55 AM
I used to like to say "southern Georgia and northern Florida...a distinction without a difference."Very true. Just like my area: LA (Lower Alabama) which is what the area of extreme northwest Florida is sometimes called.

ozman
09-14-2006, 08:37 AM
Very true. Just like my area: LA (Lower Alabama) which is what the area of extreme northwest Florida is sometimes called.
It's called a lot of things. It might actually ANSWER to that one...

bama, I want to use your sig (not here), just cause I love it!!

I was down below and east of Taladega last spring. For this Hoosier, it was hot. Among the ten of us, we expended about 3000 rounds in four days in an old paper mill / tree farm / hunt club. Bout right for us old farts.

Yes, Gabe, I may be interested in being the southern Indiana SI rep / instructor. I can also assist in southern Illinois or western Kentucky.

I'll drop an email with contact info. But then I guess you have that since I had to register to get in here...

Oz

Myst
09-15-2006, 07:51 PM
If there is no one in the SW Ohio area I would be interested.

Myst

MTS
09-16-2006, 01:45 PM
If there is no one in the SW Ohio area I would be interested.

Myst

*cough* Hello. *cough* :)

MTS
09-18-2006, 06:59 AM
I think Ohio is pretty well covered! :D Is there something you can take for that bad cough, Mark??? Weather must be gettin' bad early up there!;)

It's Ohio. We tell people, "You don't like the weather? Wait about 5 minutes or so.":p

Myst
09-18-2006, 03:17 PM
yup, and we also say "Take non-retard pill before posting on forum..."

Myst

MTS
09-18-2006, 08:02 PM
yup, and we also say "Take non-retard pill before posting on forum..."

Myst

I got your email, don't worry about it. Good luck with your school.

Cold War Scout
09-19-2006, 05:30 AM
*cough* Hello. *cough* :)

I don't know though. With some of the company you keep Gabe should revisit this.

MTS
09-19-2006, 06:57 AM
I don't know though. With some of the company you keep Gabe should revisit this.

Specifically?:confused:

Cold War Scout
09-19-2006, 08:41 AM
Specifically?:confused:

Me and that guy in Tampa for starters. :)

MTS
09-19-2006, 09:04 AM
Me and that guy in Tampa for starters. :)

:D

Gabe is pretty understanding.;)

peregrine
10-13-2006, 08:26 PM
SI,
what is the strategy if possible for a firearms newb to become an SI instructor?

Pale Horse
10-16-2006, 12:14 PM
Hey Gabe. My Platoon Sgt. wants me to teach our unit and drivers some of my mojo/your mojo. If you would give me a call when you have a chance.

Keelan

Joseph Timbs
10-16-2006, 05:46 PM
Gabe , I too would love to be an Assistant Instructor . Please check your e-mails.

MOD
11-11-2006, 01:07 AM
Hi Gabe I would love to be considered as a possible instructor. Just tell me where the line starts :D

InTheBlack
11-25-2006, 12:58 AM
You can have DC and Maryland:D

If we're conquering Maryland for the good guys then I want to be a part of it :mad:

mstarl
11-25-2006, 11:32 PM
How does one get an information packet? I live in the southern part of Illinois.

Maze
12-06-2006, 07:23 AM
Gabe,
Your PM folder is full, please add me to your mailing list. Thank you.

Gabriel Suarez
12-06-2006, 10:21 AM
Gents,

At this time, with regards to candidates, our cup runneth over.

I just finished the last class of 2006 last weekend. The XO and I will have approximately six weeks off during the Christmas/New Year season to build up instructor packets and send them out by January.

Those who have tried to send me PMs, please send them to info@suarezinternational.com

At this point we will be closing the instructor call until after we get the info out to interested folks. Thank you all for the interest. Now its time to make things happen....again.