PDA

View Full Version : Cheaper Than Dirt 7.62x39

dave-mo
02-29-2004, 05:24 PM
Does anyone use Cheaper than Dirt for 7.62x39 ammo? My newest catalog looks to have some good deals on steel-cased ammo ( a LOT cheaper than Walmart!) Any thoughts on quality, failure rates, problems, etc? I'm not partial to steel-cased stuff but the price looks GREAT!! Dave

YODA!
02-29-2004, 07:19 PM
howdy ,

steelcase 762x39 generally runs just fine from commie weapons . from US weapons some problems have been reported and some say it runs ok in theirs . several USA made models have chamber dimension diffs from combloc milspec .

there is quite a bit of variety in comblock 762x39 ammo dispite the armchair commando claims that its all the same . within all those minor diffs of bullet construction , powders , cases and such , you'll likly find one particular brand/type that gives exceptional (for an AK or SKS) accuracy . the best place to start is to tryout a couple boxes of everything readily available in your area before plunking down cash for multiple-Ks of ammo . no sense in buying brand X that gives 6 to 8MOA groups or , jams every other round from yours when brand Y gives 2 to 3MOA groups (there CAN be that much difference !) and funtions flawlessly . the only way to tell is to try them all out from the bench .

never delt with CTD so i cant help you there . gunshows have been the best source because , no shipping charges . some places can really kill you with shipping charges .

billcameron
03-15-2004, 01:49 PM
I order case from outdoor source below. Was around $95 thousand delivered but I am in Pa, maybe higher postage where you are. Good service, prompt delivery. I have not used it yet in my AK clone - SAR 1. But a friend got some of the wolf ammo and says 3" at a 100yd from AK and SKS.

http://www.outdoor-source.com/