PDA

View Full Version : X200 Weapon Mount

Demi Barbito
02-27-2004, 07:57 AM
SureFire just sent me one of their new weapon mounts lights. It's a very sleek design, all aluminum and very bright.

Unlike the StreamLights which are all plastic and have an adjustable beam, the SureFires have a focused beam which has a good sized halo.

Constant on comes from rotating the switch on either side but momentary is achieved by "pushing forward" with your index finger or thumb (support).

we are going to feature this mount in one section of the next DVD (currently in production).

Demi

www.DemiBarbito.com

Sam Spade
02-27-2004, 09:30 AM
Does it fit in a SLS or any other holster made for the M3?

Scout
02-28-2004, 03:51 PM
Here's the scoop on the X200.

It sits about 3/16" LONGER than the M3 from the point of engagement of the weapon rail. The width is about the same. It will fit a 6004 (bottoms out on mine so the bezel actually rubs against the cup of the holster) but it will not fit friction-fit kydex without modification (mine is a Blade-tech kydex holster that's made for the G22/M3).

$F propaganda says they designed the lens element to produce a "diamond" pattern where the tip of the diamond can serve as an aiming point. I say crapola. How are you going to zero your weaponlight? I have 2 units in for testing last week and on one gun the "light sight" is off the the right (1:30 position) while on the second gun it is is low, about 4:00 position.

The lights click right on standard frame GLOCKs but you have to play with it a bit to get it on a larger (G20/G21) frame.

As have been reported (the new L6s & L5s), I am seeing scratch marks on the HA finish. Both of the units had small scratches (< 1/16", at different places).

I don't think you can remove the bezel (I didn't try very hard). The battery compartment latch was difficult to engage (perhaps due to the new, uncompressed rubber gasket).

I am not a big fan of the press-forward momentary on switch.

The heft of the unit is about the same as the Insight M3. I don't think it changes the "pointability" of the gun.

I have 2 M3Xs coming from Insight Technology and I will do a side-by-side comparison when it arrives.

For what $F is asking for ($250 retail), I say it is a pass. Unless you just have to have an LED handgun light.

shooter
02-28-2004, 09:21 PM
I bought an X-200 a few weeks ago. It has been primarily on a G-37, but was shot on a Kimber also. I like it better than the M-3. On 3 different guns the hits were in the top of the diamond. I still would recommend using the sights though.

Mark

Size15s
03-02-2004, 02:05 PM
The X200D -
http://www.pk-engineering.com/Size15/images1/DSC02913.JPG

http://www.pk-engineering.com/Size15/images1/DSC02914.JPG

The "D" switch is an inline pressure switch. As you can see,the "A" switch remains.

The X200 WeaponLight is new and I'm sure that further switch options will be released. Perhaps now is the time to talk to SureFire so they know which switch options are demanded the most? Perhaps a "DEV Group" aka "DG" switch, or a slimline switch for a specific handgun, or a remote switch for a carbine etc. etc.

Al

Size15s
03-02-2004, 02:14 PM
D switch is not yet available, correct?

I'm not sure. I saw some on the SureFire booth at the SHOT Show last month (in retail packaging) so they are coming!

I suppose it's hard enough to get the X200A right now?

Al

Size15s
03-02-2004, 05:59 PM
Called Surefire, ETA on the D switch is 2 months.

I guess thats why I didn't get to keep the one I got to photograph...

Al