PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Carry Your Surefire 6P?

RedDevil
02-25-2004, 04:47 PM
I'm signed up for Gabes CQB Gunfighting course in March and I need a holster for my 6P. I only carry it at night and it goes in a pocket. I don't think pocket carry would be very practical for the class and it's about time I get a holster for it anyway to free up my pockets. I haven't seen much options out there. I've owned the Comp-tac light holster for my Scorpion but it would slide around on my belt because the clip was very wide. I'd prefer a lens down carry because I have O-rings around it for a better cigar grip. What do you use?

Tim Brooks
02-25-2004, 06:35 PM
Sidearmor
DVC, tb

MTS
02-25-2004, 08:03 PM
Left side, kydex holder, lens up.

shooter
02-28-2004, 09:00 PM
Try a "Light Rack"

http://www.kytac.com/

Mark

VaughnT
03-01-2004, 08:32 AM
www.blade-tech.com has some nice horizontal kydex rigs.

www.maxpedition.com has a neat nylon pouch that I really like the looks of, but I haven't tried any of their gear.

The 6P is pretty big, but I really like them for general use. Good luck with yours.

Yamdog
03-01-2004, 09:45 PM
I just use the one that came from Surefire and it works fine for me. It's pretty secure and the light can be carried bezel down or up.

Officers ACP
03-06-2004, 10:25 PM
At the moment I am carrying mine in a surefire nylon holster. I have ordered a Triple K combination magazine and surefire carrier, but sadly it is taking a while to come in. I don't really like my current holster, it is too big and pretty slow to access with the huge velcro strap. Galco, fobus, and Aker also make good holsters for surefires.

Grey Wolf
03-07-2004, 12:06 AM
I think I would send my money to www.sidearmor.com for mine ( I love there IWB and mag carrier.

But many, many folks like the stuff from www.comp-tac.com .

imb
03-07-2004, 04:13 PM
Here's a cheapie that's works for me - a Glock mag holder.

Holds the light in nice and close and swells enough to let it fit while giving enough retention.

QuietProtector
03-16-2004, 07:28 PM
Milt Sparks (www.miltsparks.com/) left side, lens up.

RedDevil
03-17-2004, 08:40 AM
Well, getting everything last minute for Gabe's class in Tucson this weekend, I went to the local shop that taught me my CCW course and they have someone there who makes Predator kydex holsters. I found a 6P lens down holder that fits my belt and light perfectly. It also by coincidence will hold the light lens up even with the O-rings I have on it.