PDA

View Full Version : Neato mag loader. Ever try it?

VaughnT
02-22-2004, 04:21 PM
Now that I have a BHP in the inventory, I am looking for something to speed up the process of loading the magazines. Granted, I only have two of them now, and ten-rounders at that, but I can see some thirteen-rounders or maybe some seventeen-rounders, finding their way into my home in the near future.

Anyhow, the HKS mag loader looks nice but I've never seen one in person and don't know the quality. Also, I would need one for the 9mm and one for the .45acp, and another one if I get another caliber.

With the Universal Loader from www.worldwideordnance.com I would need just one loader for all of my guns or those of my buddies. Is this really a good idea? Has anyone seen one in person or dealt with the company?

The mag loaders they sell for the M16/AR15 look very neat, even more tacticool than the LULA, but I don't have an evil black rifle, yet.

Any thoughts? Should I do it? Am I gonna have to be the guinea pig on this one, too?

DaveJames
02-22-2004, 08:44 PM
Looks like some one improved the old Sten gun loader, heck give it a try and report back

VaughnT
02-23-2004, 03:48 AM
Why's everyone so anxious to spend MY money?

:confused:

MTS
02-23-2004, 06:37 AM
Why's everyone so anxious to spend MY money?

:confused:

Better Thee then Me.:D

I did see a demo of the loader at the ASLET conference in ST Louis in JAN. It looked like a nice bit of kit as our British cousins would say.:)

I plan on getting on for my AR mags.

MrMurphy
02-23-2004, 08:14 AM
Friend of my dad's who had polio, shot a Beretta 92 and had a pile of hicaps for it. He used the HKS loader, and it worked quite well for him. Never tried the universal one, but from what I've heard and seen the LULA works well for the AR (Don't have an AR myself, but my AR-owning friends have them).

The HKS is only like $10, and works well enough for it's purpose. My dad's friend was one guy on crutches you didn't want to mess with. Not very mobile, but he could shoot quite well!