PDA

View Full Version : Zero Gravity

jesselp
05-16-2021, 02:02 PM
Ever since I was a kid I've dreamed of going into space. As a 48 year-old non-multimillionaire, it seems increasingly unlikely that will ever happen.

So this morning I got a taste of it: I experienced 7.5 minutes of zero gravity, spaced out in 30 second increments in a specially prepared 727.

There is absolutely no way to prepare yourself for what it feels like to be in zero gravity, even if it is only apparent zero like on a parabolic flight. I've never gone skydiving and I understand that the feeling of floating is similar, but with a loud wind rush going by you. In this case, we just floated around the airplane and did stupid tricks - like squeezing water out of a bottle and sucking it down while it floated in front of us. It was amazing. Highly, highly recommended experience.

(And despite the nickname of "The Vomit Comet" only one out of the 20 or-so people onboard puked. And she was having so much fun she didn't care!)

Brent Yamamoto
05-16-2021, 04:05 PM
Very cool.

Mr. Anthony
05-16-2021, 04:22 PM
Awesome. My brother got to ride in the Vomit Comet run by the Air Force or whoever while he was in an aviation program in high school, and I've always been jealous.

Dorkface
05-16-2021, 04:27 PM
So if we all bought out the plane we could have epic zero g fights. We could be pioneers in space fighting.

Mr. Anthony
05-16-2021, 04:30 PM
So if we all bought out the plane we could have epic zero g fights. We could be pioneers in space fighting.Zero G airsoft training sounds fun as hell.

Zero to Five G Gunfighting?

Dorkface
05-16-2021, 04:33 PM
Zero G airsoft training sounds fun as hell.

Zero to Five G Gunfighting?

This is one of the reasons we are friends.

jesselp
05-16-2021, 05:15 PM
Just remember: every action has an equal and opposite reaction takes on a whole new meaning in a zero gravity environment!

Forklift
05-17-2021, 02:57 PM
Very cool, I'd love tottery that. Especially the zero G gunfighting!

Johnny C!
05-18-2021, 03:34 AM
Just remember: every action has an equal and opposite reaction takes on a whole new meaning in a zero gravity environment!

So that brings the whole dual wielding thing, into play, again?

Gunstore Commando
05-18-2021, 02:29 PM

And that's what Gyrojets are for! :smile: