PDA

View Full Version : Any training opportunities in south Florida?

jesselp
11-21-2019, 07:25 PM
I just took on a great new client who lives in Key West, which means I'll be traveling to south Florida several times a year going forward. I know that there is not often Suarez training in the northeast where I live, but do you guys ever get to south Florida?

Perhaps I could plan a trip around a class...

Brightlightman
11-22-2019, 07:03 PM
There are some possibilities if there is enough interest.

Shooter Ready
11-22-2019, 09:02 PM
Iím looking for more training in South Florida.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eric Tull
11-24-2019, 07:38 PM
I recently moved to Florida, and will be setting up classes for next year. What are you most interested in? Pistol? Rifle? Shotgun? FoF?

Shooter Ready
11-26-2019, 04:25 PM
Training is available, google is your friend as the expression goes.

I think the context is about SI training in Florida.

Brightlightman, Eric and I were all at Gabeís red dot course once upon a time. Letís get together again!

Eric, congratulations on escaping the Midwest.

mike135
11-26-2019, 05:40 PM
Eric, what range are you considering using? The closest one I know about that would be suitable is in Okeechobee. There are a couple outdoor options in west Miami, but they look pretty small.

jesselp
11-26-2019, 06:09 PM
Eric,

I’d be looking for pistol training - perhaps a red dot school of some sort.

All would be dependent on a class happening when I’m visiting a client...

Eric Tull
01-07-2020, 04:18 PM
Sorry guys, somehow I missed these new posts. Brightlightman has the hookup for a range in south Florida that will accommodate some classes, so that's a possibility for 2020. Shooter Ready, let's definitely do it. mike135, if you're interested in more info about hosting at that range or another, shoot me a message. The host gets free training. jesselp, I'm planning to post classes in 2020, so I'll shoot you a message when I do, and if you happen to know of a good range, send me message.

FL-Obiwan
01-08-2020, 12:36 PM
Guys:

Take a look at Homestead Training Center in Homestead. It's a very nice facility.

birdsbeaks
01-08-2020, 05:15 PM
Long time lurker and grateful for the insight I've picked up from this forum. Thank you all! As a denizen of S. FL, I would also be very interested in training opportunities. Particularly pistol, but open to whatever is on the table. I'm already a subscriber to the forum and the SI shop, anything else I should do to receive updates on this topic? Thanks for any info!

TACC
01-08-2020, 06:25 PM
You could also look at Tradecraft range in immokalee.

They have both pistol, rifle, and extended long ranges available.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Shooter Ready
01-08-2020, 07:48 PM
Pistol and FoF would be of great interest. We go to Siesta Key often for vacation.

I took a class in Naples once at an excellent facility called Altair training solutions but understand it had money problems and a change in ownership.