https://vimeo.com/363876393

Johnny C!
10-02-2019, 12:01 PM
Great video, Gabe.

Thanks again!

John

Brent Yamamoto
10-02-2019, 01:43 PM
Excellent video. Been working this at home, looking forward to running students through this in class.

Air Pirate
10-02-2019, 03:37 PM
Was working diagonal lines and watch your back with the Stakeout earlier this week! Lookin forward to watching these videos when i get back from my trip, and stoked for class in a couple of weeks!

Marco Innocenti
10-02-2019, 03:55 PM
Outstanding.

Now I need to save more money and do more crap around the house so I can get to a Shotgun class.

Grazie, Maestro.

Dpswift
10-02-2019, 05:14 PM
Fantastic. There is a violent elegance to the efficiency of motion. No unnecessary movement.

Wiseguy04
10-02-2019, 06:08 PM
Excellent! Know what drills I will be working now

MaddMan
10-02-2019, 06:50 PM
Fantastic!!!!!!

The Shotgun Kata has been born!

Time to add that to my training regimen. The layout of the drills is so succinct, the importance can slip right past you if you're not careful. What particularly hit me was the timing of the movements. The video does not show or allude to the other side of the confrontation that is being drilled here. This video shows the how. However the reaction of the bad guy is key in understanding the sequence of events, and the why of the movements.

I might start looking into Airsoft shotguns to setup a Shotgun FoF class.

Maddog6
10-02-2019, 06:50 PM
Gabe, you mentioned in the video that the brace is fixed. Is this for rigidity or is it a requirement? I have been eyeballing a Tac-13 and wondering what requirements I must meet for Arizona.

Brent Yamamoto
10-02-2019, 07:20 PM
Fantastic!!!!!!

The Shotgun Kata has been born!

Both Diagonal Lines and Watch Your Back (2 of the 3 kata we have drafted) were intended to be performed with long guns in addition to the pistol.

Some adaptation is needed of course but the templates are the same. Footwork os 98% the same. Changing from a one handed to a two handed weapon makes some directions more difficult than others, and the style of long gun may dictate different shoulder transfer methods (the 12ga pump action being more challenging than an assault rifle).

Details are for class. But if you understand the concepts and patterns of Diagonal Lines and Watch Your Back, it is not difficult to adapt them to different weapons.

Hasher
10-02-2019, 09:53 PM
Well now I know what cool project my forend went on.

Leaving the office now and I’ll get reps on this in before crashing for the night.

Gabriel Suarez
10-03-2019, 07:31 AM
Gabe, you mentioned in the video that the brace is fixed. Is this for rigidity or is it a requirement? I have been eyeballing a Tac-13 and wondering what requirements I must meet for Arizona.

The folding brace...thanks to the Boy Scouts that have to ask their moms (ATF letters) to look at bikini models...has become too much of a grey area to put on video.

barnetmill
10-04-2019, 08:15 AM
Thanks very much for the 'shotgun getting of the X video' and what is needed for ambidextrous use with a pump shotgun. The step by step analysis is just so good and brilliant.

Right i am thinking and some issues that came up as I watched the video relative to the gun platforms that are out there.
If the semiauto were as reliable as the pump, just what you showed in the kata would led me into buying a semiauto. I am just not sold yet on the reliability of the semiauto. For semi-auto rifles I am used to gripping the mag when switching and that is not there on a tube gun. But putting a stick mag in the place of the tube on the shotgun would make it clumsy and harder to handle in tight spaces like a car.

Gabriel Suarez
10-04-2019, 08:43 AM
If the choice is a 14" pump or an 18.5" semi...I will always go for the shorter weapon.