PDA

View Full Version : Glock 3.5 trigger

Vig Creed
02-18-2004, 10:03 AM
Over the past couple of weeks I've installed 3.5 trigger connectors in 5 Glocks. 3 were Ghost standard connectors and 2 were Sherer.

The result:
The Sherer's gave a lighter, crisper trigger pull. In one pistol I tried two different Ghost connectors, and both gave unsatisfactory results (long creep). I then tried a Sherer in the same pistol, and it produced a "perfect" crisp pull with no creep.

Bottom line: The Sherer 3.5 gives a crisper, slightly lighter pull than the Ghost's. Both result in lighter triggers than stock connectors.

creed

MACOP
02-18-2004, 12:07 PM
Creed:

Any way to compare those connectors to the Glock factory connector?

I have one, and really like the way the trigger acts with it installed. I am planning on buying another, and appreciate your input.
It's good to have a plan.
SteveB

InTheBlack
02-26-2004, 11:28 PM
The fancier Ghost brand connector requires you to file it to get it just right in a particular gun. Anyone mess with one of those?

I've got 3.5 & 5 lb connectors, NY1 and NY2 springs, and a custom spring all waiting to be combined.

Pulled the trigger on a police turn-in with what was described as an 8 lb trigger setup (NY1, probably), and it had a much crisper break than the average Glock, and didn't feel heavy at all. I liked it.

Skpotamus
03-01-2004, 07:13 AM
The fancier Ghost brand connector requires you to file it to get it just right in a particular gun. Anyone mess with one of those?

I've got 3.5 & 5 lb connectors, NY1 and NY2 springs, and a custom spring all waiting to be combined.

Pulled the trigger on a police turn-in with what was described as an 8 lb trigger setup (NY1, probably), and it had a much crisper break than the average Glock, and didn't feel heavy at all. I liked it.

it might have been a 3.5# connector with the NY1 trigger spring. A friend of mine did that for his G23 and it had an interesting result. He has a constant 5 lb trigger pull all the way through, kind of like a revolver.

I haven't tried a NY1 without the 3.5# though.

Low Drag
03-14-2004, 02:39 PM
I've installed a 3.5 trigger in a G20 for USPSA and did not like it. Too light. I could not tell when I was taking up the trigger/releasing safeties and dropping the striker. So I added an increased power striker spring.

It took the trigger back up to about 5 1/2 and it was much crisper. Oh, the increased power striker spring really does the trick with harder primers.