PDA

View Full Version : Posted without comment...

Brent Yamamoto
05-23-2019, 08:13 PM
Plated in 24k gold.

Donít see that every day.

barnetmill
05-23-2019, 08:33 PM
I always thought glocks were for fine killing so one can continued their fine living. I would be more impressed if they figured out a way to coat the polymer with gold.

From man with the golden gun. I like the the Walther in straight blue the best.
https://hxkyx44ph6g3vhzqosgkpy30-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/236A_JAMES_BOND_ARCHIVES_XL_00399_199964272_199964 279_252089452-1_Carousel.jpg

John_Frederick
05-24-2019, 01:37 AM
Looks like something from The Glock Store... They do some genuinely hideous makeovers.

Dorkface
05-24-2019, 04:37 AM
If I had an amazing amount of disposable income I would do stuff like that. Lol.

psalms23dad
05-24-2019, 08:03 AM
Pimp or Cartel?

Gabriel Suarez
05-24-2019, 08:31 AM

While it may have fallen out of fashion after Patton's "New Orleans Pimp" comment to the press, there is nothing at all wrong with a well finished and good looking weapon as a piece of personal jewelry. Not everyone wants to wear a Casio, and for those who can afford it and move in the circles where such things are common, why not. Search "Texas BBQ Guns".

This particular slide was made for a gent who runs a security group in Central America. He is neither a pimp, nor sells drugs, but he is very well off and can afford whatever he wants. And he doesn't shop at the Glockstore.

This one was for a gent in, as I said, Texas. Former NFL dude that went into business. It matches his Rolex Presidential was his comment upon receipt.

Would I carry a gold colored weapon day to day, no. But When I dust off the Brioni suit and the two tone submariner, I don't stick a "battle worn" G19 with a scratched up slide in my nylon belt either.

Gabriel Suarez
05-24-2019, 08:40 AM
http://www.theboxotruth.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/e128-9.jpg

http://media.liveauctiongroup.net/i/12295/12691414_1.jpg?v=8CEFB17309C7C40

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/5c/e1/68/5ce16816289b80193278832c96bb93bf.jpg

http://backwoodshome.com/blogs/MassadAyoob/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/TX_Ranger_02.jpg

These weapons were actually carried into battle by killers. You can see versions like them at the Cody Museum in Wyoming and the Texas Ranger Museum. Nothing wrong with them if you care for that sort of art. And before someone snidely comments on the missing trigger guards, I will risk a wager that they guys that carried them have a far higher body count than the current king of IPSC and of IDPA combined.

Just saying.....

Brent Yamamoto
05-24-2019, 09:36 AM
Absolutely there's a place for a BBQ gun. Or a tuxedo gun. Nothing wrong with a functioning piece of jewelry.

The engraved guns Gabe posted are a bit more my speed over a gold plated Glock, but people can do what they want.

I personally rather like some of those guns without trigger guards.

Papa
05-24-2019, 10:55 AM
My "Saturday Gun" was a stainless Colt 1911 with ivory micarta grips. Saturday was and is a day where the crew goes out to breakfast in lieu of briefing.

Still have it. No engraving yet, but why the heck not polish the slide and frame and have it done? Maybe I'll wear it on the day I go 10-10.

Gunstore Commando
05-24-2019, 11:25 AM
These weapons were actually carried into battle by killers. You can see versions like them at the Cody Museum in Wyoming and the Texas Ranger Museum. Nothing wrong with them if you care for that sort of art. And before someone snidely comments on the missing trigger guards, I will risk a wager that they guys that carried them have a far higher body count than the current king of IPSC and of IDPA combined.

Just saying.....

I note that the 1911 with the cut-down trigger guard has an aftermarket, and apparently adjustable, rear sight. I think I might have guessed, even without being told, that it was for more than show.

Gabriel Suarez
05-24-2019, 12:30 PM
Things the "Gun Competition World" said "no" to that have just as much merit today as in its day -

Removed trigger guard on appropriate guns (I wonder how those 191s were carried)
Crossdraws
Shoulder Holsters
Point shooting
Small sights (acted kinda like a 6 moa dot does today)

Those 1911s were supposedly used by a Texas Ranger who apparently dropped a bunch of bad guys in his day.

Gabriel Suarez
05-24-2019, 12:31 PM
All of that said...the danger is in falling into "worship of the past", like the Porky Patrol used to do back in the day. So we learn from the past and improve upon it, but are not chained to it. Insofar as decorative weapons are concerned...in the proper applications...I am all for them.

Brent Yamamoto
05-24-2019, 12:54 PM
All of that said...the danger is in falling into "worship of the past", like the Porky Patrol used to do back in the day. So we learn from the past and improve upon it, but are not chained to it. Insofar as decorative weapons are concerned...in the proper applications...I am all for them.

This is related to the thread I just posted on significant vs insignificant details.

Also Greg's idea of Role, Niche and Envelope.

Appropriate tools used at the appropriate time, in the appropriate way.

Papa
05-24-2019, 01:27 PM
I note that the 1911 with the cut-down trigger guard has an aftermarket, and apparently adjustable, rear sight. I think I might have guessed, even without being told, that it was for more than show.

Not to give any purists an aneurysm, but that looks like the top end off a vintage OEM Colt .22 ACE. Note the vertical seam in the ejection port. I'd like to see the original slide. Guessing it's got the bling.

Greg Nichols
05-24-2019, 01:38 PM
Things the "Gun Competition World" said "no" to that have just as much merit today as in its day -

Removed trigger guard on appropriate guns (I wonder how those 191s were carried)
Crossdraws
Shoulder Holsters
Point shooting
Small sights (acted kinda like a 6 moa dot does today)

Those 1911s were supposedly used by a Texas Ranger who apparently dropped a bunch of bad guys in his day.

https://www.texasranger.org/texas-ranger-museum/hall-of-fame/johnny-klevenhagen/

Papa
05-24-2019, 04:03 PM
More on The Case of the Missing Trigger Guard:

The gent who carried that one was decidedly lethal.

choirboy
05-24-2019, 04:50 PM
I had a .44 Charter Arms Bulldog that I bought off of another copper who had bobbed the trigger guard and hammer. I liked it and carried it a few months, but another guy who could have bought one for less than $200 and did the work, decided that mine was worth a Series 70 Gold Cup. I still have the Gold Cup.

He said off duty he did a dump --- no reported bodies ---- but that little gun threw a major ball of fire at night - may have been my reloads.

Faramir2
05-24-2019, 04:51 PM
What's the functional purpose of the missing/partially missing trigger guard?

Gabriel Suarez
05-24-2019, 05:03 PM
What's the functional purpose of the missing/partially missing trigger guard?

In those days, many carried their pistols in their pants pockets or jacket pockets. The type of clothing was very different from today and dictated carry methods. As well, on a DA pistol, one can get finger on trigger faster, not having to wait to clear like with a striker fired pistol or a 1911. I recall in my academy, there were some agencies carrying clam shell holsters. They were very fast and their fingers were on the trigger the moment they reached for the pistol. The cut off TG was to facilitate that.

I expect those 1911s were carried hammer down.

Faramir2
05-24-2019, 05:18 PM
In those days, many carried their pistols in their pants pockets or jacket pockets. The type of clothing was very different from today and dictated carry methods. As well, on a DA pistol, one can get finger on trigger faster, not having to wait to clear like with a striker fired pistol or a 1911. I recall in my academy, there were some agencies carrying clam shell holsters. They were very fast and their fingers were on the trigger the moment they reached for the pistol. The cut off TG was to facilitate that.

I expect those 1911s were carried hammer down.

Ahh, got it; makes sense, thanks. Having little experience with such arms, much less carrying them (although I did carry a small 1911 for a little while, when I first started carrying), I was having trouble getting outside my Kydex and polymer-frame context.

Could make a good feature on an NPE DA gun, like a lightweight revolver or other DA pistol carried holsterless, I would guess.

Bob F.
05-24-2019, 05:42 PM
First thing that came to mind seeing that trigger guard was the "Fitz Special"

P.D.
05-24-2019, 05:52 PM
Fitz Special and Fairbairn and Sykes ala Shang Hi.

choirboy
05-24-2019, 06:37 PM
I may exaderate a tad. but you could fire an open guard revolver wearing welding gloves. I did some foot patrol in damn cold, heavy glove, weather. I had a "J" cut as well.

Gents this is still workable for guys who admit Tupperware is not perfect for all things.

Choirboy -- who has more Tupperware than any others including the beloved 1911s that were inspired by St Mike whispering the design into Browning's ear.