PDA

View Full Version : New Glock Brace

C.J. Singleton
01-17-2019, 11:56 AM
Looks pretty interesting. While I think CCW with this thing as they show in their promo video is farcical it would work great on a PDW.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190117/0672a30f7dae07a8aac5617e900a47a5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

coastalcop
01-17-2019, 12:10 PM
First thoughts, too short for anything but cheek weld. Second thought , even if you could pull it in to a weld sights (even RMR) will place sight plane too low. Gotta think some more and compare measurements to B&T 320 package

Third thought, after looking at B&T package, you may be able to get the sight plane high enough.... At least people are thinking

LawDog
01-17-2019, 12:13 PM
https://www.fluxdefense.com

Even if imperfect, it proves the concept. Also, I now have a reason to get a Gen 5 Glock.

barnetmill
01-17-2019, 12:22 PM
As an afterthought why would anyone want a slide like the one pictured? Looks like a perfect place for dirt and other debris to accumulate and likely also lightens the slide a lot

John_Frederick
01-17-2019, 12:42 PM
As an afterthought why would anyone want a slide like the one pictured? Looks like a perfect place for dirt and other debris to accumulate and likely also lightens the slide a lot
57207Each cut-out gets you 10 more Likes on Instagram and that shit adds up!

Johnny C!
01-17-2019, 01:26 PM
Pricey!

C.J. Singleton
01-17-2019, 02:20 PM
First thoughts, too short for anything but cheek weld. Second thought , even if you could pull it in to a weld sights (even RMR) will place sight plane too low. Gotta think some more and compare measurements to B&T 320 package

Third thought, after looking at B&T package, you may be able to get the sight plane high enough.... At least people are thinkingSecond Time I watched the video I noticed that it's too short to shoulder if they could add a little more length I think they would have a winner

Johnny C!
01-17-2019, 02:22 PM
Second Time I watched the video I noticed that it's too short to shoulder if they could add a little more length I think they would have a winner

They apparently didn't show shouldering for obvious
reasons, so what did you see that makes you think its
too short?

Brent Yamamoto
01-17-2019, 02:43 PM
It looks a bit short to shoulder to me. Never know until your hands are actually on it. But your face is gonna be right on that backstop for the slide.

Johnny C!
01-17-2019, 02:48 PM
I'll bet it's doable. I doubt they would have gone
to the trouble to bring it to market without that ability.

If you look at this part of the video, and watch the
recoil on the right, I'll bet it's shouldered.

Brent Yamamoto
01-17-2019, 02:54 PM
Well, you'd think. But gun companies do a lot of things that don't make sense.

Could be shouldered. Doesn't mean the head was down for a sight picture. With that short of a stock I'd expect to see some face in the picture.

I'm not arguing, just giving a counter point. I don't have a dog in this one.

Gabriel Suarez
01-17-2019, 03:06 PM

So some points.

1). I know everyone wants to do Suarez one better. No matter what we do, somebody will post what they think is better or in many cases cheaper. Its almost an in-house joke. "How soon will so-and-so post a cheaper alternative to what Gabe has? Even if it is actually almost three times as costly.

2). Very, very , very few people in the gun industry know a single mike-foxtrotting thing about gunfighting, killing, or the issues associated with that specific application. They do not listen to people like me because they really don't want to know what we want to use their products for.

3). They would much rather some mouth-breathing fat kid buy it, then take warm showers with it and fantasize about all manner of things we shan't discuss than to actually train to kill other human beings with it.

Those foregoing points are truth that I have seen and keep seeing since 1995.

Some other truths -

1). If you can't shoulder and cheek at the same time, whatever you are using IS NOT AS GOOD as if you could shoulder and cheek at the same time.

2). If you want to hit things far away, or surgically hit things up close with that system, you need to shoulder and cheek at the same time.

That is it boys and girls...I know a thing or two because I have seen a thing or two. Maybe those that have not will one day listen.

https://vimeo.com/273534152

Our PDW - $100 all day, everyday...made for shooting thugs right in the face.
(https://suarezinternational.com/personal-defense-weapon-kit-for-glocks/https://suarezinternational.com/personal-defense-weapon-kit-for-glocks/)

Gabriel Suarez
01-17-2019, 03:08 PM
They apparently didn't show shouldering for obvious
reasons, so what did you see that makes you think its
too short?

What reasons are those? That its illegal? No...its not.

Gabriel Suarez
01-17-2019, 03:09 PM
You seem to really like this Johnny. So how about you buy it (its what like $300). Buy it and put up a pic shouldering it.

chad newton
01-17-2019, 03:35 PM
You seem to really like this Johnny. So how about you buy it (its what like $300). Buy it and put up a pic shouldering it.
It defeats the purpose of even having one. It would just get in the way, and as soon as I had a chance would beat it on someone to get it off. Just my thoughts...

Johnny C!
01-17-2019, 05:46 PM
Could be shouldered. Doesn't mean the head was down for a sight picture. With that short of a stock I'd expect to see some face in the picture.

I'm not arguing, just giving a counter point. I don't have a dog in this one.

No problem Brent. And I agree. I don't think he had a sight picture, but they were
comparing the lack of muzzle flip between the 2 guns, because the gun on the right
barely moved. Marketing...

Johnny C!
01-17-2019, 06:05 PM
What reasons are those? That its illegal? No...its not.

Didn't mean start a $hit storm. I was just commenting on the fact that seem to
have made it very plain to not shoulder it in the video, but to me they clearly
had to shoulder it to help make their point of how it reduced recoil. Their way
of promoting the product, but still maintain plausible deniability should the
laws or ruling change in the future, perhaps. As CJ pointed out in the first
post.

And it's way more expensive than your kit Gabe, so that's another
strike, too me. I am happy with the brace kit I bought from you. I
have leave it at home on a lot of my range trips, because if I take it,
I have a tendency to not shoot anything else.

I do think it's kind of neat, but I enjoy looking at how poorly some
companies market their product.

barnetmill
01-18-2019, 04:35 AM
One thing that this brace has is lawyer protection for stupid people. Red arrow indicates what appears to be a guard to prevent getting your face smashed by the slide.

Gabriel Suarez
01-18-2019, 04:54 AM
Buy one. I will send you a PDW kit to compare against it free.

barnetmill
01-18-2019, 06:24 AM
Buy one. I will send you a PDW kit to compare against it free.

I already have an SI purchased brace and an RMR that I am setting up as a PDW. I just sent in an order for some magazines to you for the used G22 that I picked up. I have no use for that other kit lol.

ETS GLK 22 40 S&W/357 SIG, 30 round mag

ETS GLK 22 40 Cal, 16 round mag
ETS-GLK-22
$18.99 USD
$37.98 USD

Gabriel Suarez
01-18-2019, 07:33 AM
I already have an SI purchased brace and an RMR that I am setting up as a PDW. I just sent in an order for some magazines to you for the used G22 that I picked up. I have no use for that other kit lol.

I was referring to the guys that waxed enthusiastically over it. :thumbup:

golucky
01-18-2019, 10:39 AM
Ever since joining WT and started training with Gabe and SI (Payne was the very 1st !), I learned along time ago while many folks getting their one-eye willy all waxed up for the latest wonder-all-can-do-it item to the market that I'll let the beta testers get their frills. And then only with SI's own conclusion will I decide to acquire such items. If Gabe & SI concludes its crap, it's them to move on. But always remember to support SI as this allows such conclusions to foster.

Brightlightman
01-18-2019, 05:47 PM
I do like the extra fastening to the frame for security, but dislike it too.

EDELWEISS
01-19-2019, 06:02 AM
Can we all agree at least, that movement in the field is a good thing? Without movement, we wouldn't have the braced Glock PDW at all. Without movement we wouldn't have the RMRd Glock. Hell without movement, flintlocks wouldn't have replaced matchlocks or arrows replacing hand thrown rocks. As for the RMRd Glock, I remember when Gabe first displayed a prototype Glock with a Aimpoint T1, and look how far we've come from that. I remember the original Glock stock built on the ENDO adapter and with a M4 stock and it was here on WT that the Glock brace was reveled. I remember when Gabe first discussed the AR pistol, long before any armbrace. I also remember who first suggested the "Other" shotgun that would later become the Stakeout. That concept was originally questioned and laughed at and all but ignored AND look where it is now.

THIS newest design may not be the perfect brace (IDK); but I do like that its continuing movement in the field. If it fails to sell because the market isn't there, then it wont matter. IF it takes off like the Shockwave Blade and so many other of the new braces which have all but replaced the original "SIG" Brace, then we'll likely see more movement.

Gabe refined his original concept of the Aimpoint on the Glock, to the Trijicon with suppressor sights. If THIS one becomes an economic success, then Im sure Gabe and the SI guys will refine it and offer a Suarez approved version with appropriate gear and training.

How many of you guys are still fighting with a Flintlock? You cant embrace the braced pistol without embracing the technological and intellectual movement...….

As for THIS one, well its more compact and thinner than the Endo/Glock. Conversely, it does NOT appear to be long enough to be shouldered. It gives up the fourth point of contact for greater concealment potential (much like we discussed when shouldering an armbrace was forbidden). As for their claim that its concealable and holster-able, well I doubt that many will choose to carry in that style; but it is an advance in making the braced pistol smaller. Im not sure I see an advantage in the spring activation of the brace. Finally its pricey and that will limit its sales potential. Im not suggesting anyone ditch Gabes PDW kit, I think there are plenty of reasons to stick with that, at least not until Gabe and the boyz give their approved upgrades for the WT family

IDK maybe this is stupid...

Gabriel Suarez
01-19-2019, 07:43 AM
I think my new policy is going to be to stay out of most of these discussions. I am realizing that perhaps nobody is paying attention any more.

Dorkface
01-19-2019, 08:10 AM
They choose the wrong target. Instead of trying to make something that can be holstered, forgetting how much movement that would restrict and how dumb it is, they should have focused on something that would have packed smaller and thinner then the PDW brace but was stable, shoulderable and could facilitate the use of a safety. THAT would have been an advancement. This is at best an iterative step towards something better. Something like the SBPDW brace but for a Glock would be an advancement.

EDELWEISS
01-19-2019, 08:58 AM
...step towards something better....

EXACTLY. Holster carry with the current design would be silly and yet it does appear to be thin, which I think is a good step forward. As for being able to be packed smaller, I think it does that; but as you say without shoulder capability it lacks the stability of the current Endo Brace parts. Back when "shouldering" was forbidden we used the cheek hold as a best option, even though it wasn't the best. Currently the Glock PDW offers the best stability. The Flux makes a smaller package. Even if you give up the notion of holstering, it makes a smaller package. Smaller and less stable, Hmmmmm IDK? But I stand by my statement of movement in the concept being a good thing.

Papa
01-19-2019, 09:04 AM
What I see here reminds me of the M3A1 collapsing stock: it doesn't fit flush with the backstrap and appears to interfere with the shooter's forearm when collapsed.
It's a half measure. When a compact, fully-fledged, telescoping, flush fitting, solid version is developed, I'll buy it.

Here.