PDA

View Full Version : Laptop Bag recommendations

jaowens
11-09-2018, 01:13 PM
As I stated in Brent's post earlier in the week, I just accepted a job offer and start the new role next week. I will be moving between 4 offices in total, as well as training at various venues as the opportunity allows. I will be doing numerous presentations a month at these locations. In essence I will be the tech trainer for approximately 100 realtors. So to cut to the chase I need a bag that will withstand a lot of use, that can also organize all the extra cabling/ doodads I will need. I am going to assume 15" laptop for now, but will wait until I see what I get next week.

mike135
11-09-2018, 01:33 PM
Depends on whether you want a typical shoulder bag or a backpack that can also carry all your stuff, but I've always been impressed by the VertX stuff for something that combines the mobile office with the warrior side of road warrior. I like the idea of a backpack with a "hidden" compartment for carrying a bigger gun or at least a stocked pistol setup--I figure if I ever get the chance to go proactive it's always nice to have something with a stock ready accessible if feasible.

COG
11-09-2018, 03:46 PM
+1 on VertX.

I've been using a large VertX backpack for several years. I tote my 15" laptop, tablet, and depending on situation I carry a RMR G19, several mags and flashlights in the hidden rear compartment. Occasionally, I'll replace the Glock with my 300 Blackout pistol with several mags.

My VertX is a subdued gray and doesn't stand out as "tactical" so it blends in urban environments. There was one of the YTube sites that promoted a 15% discount, but I can't remember who that was.

My backpack has held up extremely well. I've drug it to literally hundreds meetings and through just about every major airport in the U.S.

randyho
11-09-2018, 03:57 PM
+ another for Vertx

mike135
11-09-2018, 04:09 PM
There was one of the YTube sites that promoted a 15% discount, but I can't remember who that was.

I know of at least 2 YTers that offer 25% off discount codes... but that's from retail prices on the VertX site. Not sure how that compares to reseller prices...

LawDog
11-09-2018, 06:13 PM
I use a Sneaky Bags large SUB to carry a MacBook and ancillary gear. It's discrete enough for my purposes, but offers only modest organization. For your purposes, you may need something that is divided up into more separate pockets.

I recently picked up a Sneaky Bags Trick-or-Treat bag. Normally I would offer the disclaimer that I haven't had it long enough to evaluate it, but it clearly is of the same bloodline as the SUB. It's just larger. The medium is enough to hold a CZ Scorpion Evo. For non-gun use, it suffers the same lack of organizational pockets. But it is a winner for offering a useful separate pocket for an SMG.

Those insights are more gun-focused than laptop- or work-focused, but....this is WT, not Wired.

jaowens
11-10-2018, 10:15 AM
Those insights are more gun-focused than laptop- or work-focused, but....this is WT, not Wired.

That is perfectly fine as I plan on slapping a Glock into the bag as well. This group appears fairly conservative, but until I get a feel for the land I will only be carrying my G42 on my person and a full size in the bag beside me. I will be upgrading all of my weapon systems soon, but for now I have to roll with what I have.