PDA

View Full Version : Tac-14/Stakeout barrel length...

irishhunter
10-30-2018, 09:31 AM
Morning. I decided to splurge on a Tac-14, with a goal of getting one and upgrading it to a Stakeout when funds allow. However, I just learned that RI considers any shotgun with a barrel less than 18 inches to be in violation (http://webserver.rilin.state.ri.us/Statutes/TITLE11/11-47/11-47-2.HTM).

so the question is, is there a way to swap to a 18” barrel, or to weld a muzzle brake onto one of these? I’m planning on a 20 ga to take a bit of the recoil down for the missus and kids.

Thanks in advance

IrishHunter

Gabriel Suarez
10-30-2018, 09:32 AM
We can certainly add a suitably long barrel for you in exchange for the stock barrel if you buy a Stakeout package.

WraithWolf
11-06-2018, 01:52 AM
Ohio is the same way, unfortunately. They do not seem to use the BATF definitions when the ORC lacks a descriptive definition. I would be very interested in one that is Ohio Legal as well!

KalashMan
12-04-2018, 06:51 AM
Morning. I decided to splurge on a Tac-14, with a goal of getting one and upgrading it to a Stakeout when funds allow. However, I just learned that RI considers any shotgun with a barrel less than 18 inches to be in violation (http://webserver.rilin.state.ri.us/Statutes/TITLE11/11-47/11-47-2.HTM).

so the question is, is there a way to swap to a 18” barrel, or to weld a muzzle brake onto one of these? I’m planning on a 20 ga to take a bit of the recoil down for the missus and kids.

Thanks in advance

IrishHunter

What is the legal definition of "Shotgun" in RI? That is the defining issue.

Mario

irishhunter
02-27-2019, 11:02 AM
As it turns out, I spoke with the guy I usually do my FFL business with, and he pointed out that since the Tac-14 is only classified as a “Firearm” (neither pistol, rifle, or shotgun, he’s been doing a brisk business selling them in the Ocean State. So, now I get to have some fun with one of these after all....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Greg Nichols
02-27-2019, 12:05 PM
As it turns out, I spoke with the guy I usually do my FFL business with, and he pointed out that since the Tac-14 is only classified as a “Firearm” (neither pistol, rifle, or shotgun, he’s been doing a brisk business selling them in the Ocean State. So, now I get to have some fun with one of these after all....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Strange how we seem to be aware of stuff.....

irishhunter
02-27-2019, 01:04 PM
Yes, indeed... mea culpa...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk