PDA

View Full Version : Suarez folding brace on IraqVeteran8888

apamburn
06-13-2018, 01:07 PM
Cool to see some quality SI gear out there. He gives credit where credit is due.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1sJOchcZFw

Sam Spade
06-13-2018, 03:40 PM
I can't access your video.

Johnny C!
06-13-2018, 07:02 PM
The vid works for me.

Eric and Chad are stand up guys.

barnetmill
06-13-2018, 08:42 PM
I can't access your video.
Video works for me, but has nothing really new on it so I have not yet watched to the end yet.

Nabalfodrows
06-14-2018, 12:18 AM
Too bad they charge money to give good reviews on some products.

BeardedPelican
06-14-2018, 11:57 AM

Pirate

Gabriel Suarez
06-14-2018, 12:10 PM

Which is why I don't use those people.

barnetmill
06-14-2018, 02:10 PM

No disagreement, but can you provide more general details.
We all know that youtube does not directly pay its creators a whole lot.
So it does not surprise me that many may be reviewing products upon payment.

Gabriel Suarez
06-14-2018, 02:28 PM
No disagreement, but can you provide more general details.
We all know that youtube does not directly pay its creators a whole lot.
So it does not surprise me that many may be reviewing products upon payment.

Youtube hero approaches you and the dialog is as follows -

"I am a youtube hero...everyone loves to watch me and i have more viewers than God on a Sunday morning. Send me free stuff and i will shit all over it so I get even more viewers...but hey...if you send me a few other cool things that i can sell after the fact, i will tell everyone that your gear is the best thing on earth...even if it is Canola Oil".

Nothing is free.

barnetmill
06-14-2018, 03:10 PM
Pretty much how the common magazines use to and probably still do review things. One would buy the same item that was so highly recommended and find it would not work. I say common magazines since it is not only guns but a lot of other products that get reviews that they do not merit.

Greg Nichols
06-14-2018, 03:25 PM
I had a big name manufacturer send me something to T&E, I told them that if it was good I would write a review, if it was junk I'd say nothing and tell them what was wrong with it....... Coincidentally, I didn't write an article and in the rapidly fielded second generation, they fixed everything I told them was wrong with the product.

So, if you want me to T&E something I will gladly put it through it's paces but if you want positive press your game better be tight.

Mike Heckathorn
06-14-2018, 05:58 PM
I watched about 5 minutes and saw NOTHING positive--and we KNOW its a great product; but this guy couldn't hit shit and bitched about the heavy recoil, then switched to 3" shells and then to slugs all the time saying it was great and complaining about needing a dentist because of the recoil loosening his teeth.

What am I missing? How is any of this good? OR is that the point?

Maybe one should watch the whol thing before commenting? Also, even the first 5 minutes, they said the brace improved the gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EDELWEISS
06-14-2018, 06:30 PM
Maybe one should watch the whol thing before commenting? Also, even the first 5 minutes, they said the brace improved the gun.

Im NOT complaining about the product. I thought that was clear from "we KNOW its a great product". Its just that the video was hard to watch

Mike Heckathorn
06-14-2018, 06:41 PM
Im NOT complaining about the product. I thought that was clear from "we KNOW its a great product". Its just that the video was hard to watch

Perhaps you should just read/watch more, and post less?

EDELWEISS
06-14-2018, 06:51 PM
Amazing I say that the product is great and I point out very obvious and honest points about the video and I catch shit for it.

Gabriel Suarez
06-14-2018, 07:14 PM
Edelweiss....maybe you have outgrown WT and need to find a forum that is more inclined to your way of thinking.

apamburn
06-14-2018, 08:45 PM
I agree with the shooter being a little rough around the edges in a lot of ways we see things here at WT.

His conclusion at the end of the video was basically that the SI brace significantly increases the utility of the stakeout: the rounds that be found to be uncomfortable-but-shootable with the brace would have been, in his estimation, unshootable without the brace.

Greg Nichols
06-14-2018, 10:23 PM
After running with and without brace I'd say that braced it's a little faster because with the cheekweld you can recover faster, however if you've seen the video with Gabe and myself, if you have the upper body strength you can run them either way with negligible difference. It all depends on your intended purpose.

If I were going to use it as a breacher is want the brace, same as a back up platform. For a truck gun / if shit happens rig, I'd go without it as it needs more concealability.

AFSOCCRNA
06-15-2018, 04:46 AM
If I were going to use it as a breacher is want the brace, same as a back up platform. For a truck gun / if shit happens rig, I'd go without it as it needs more concealability.

I was shooting my braced Stakeout yesterday folded and unfolded. Plan to post some pics of the targets later but I have an Amphibian coming and my plan is to use them pretty much like you describe here. Braced for house/farm coverage and the Amphibian for my truck.

Randy Harris
06-15-2018, 06:45 AM
I was a little skeptical at first about the brace on a shotgun but one of the guys in my last shotgun class brought one and I'm seriously considering getting one now....... an SI Stakeout with brace and RMR setup pretty much gives you a 14" 12ga package that can be precisely aimed with slugs at distance or quickly aimed with buckshot up close and with the folding brace it still can still be carried in something that does not look at all like it could carry a gun. Maybe add a Surefire fore end and you have all your bases covered.

Gabriel Suarez
06-15-2018, 08:12 AM
Randy, I recall you had an original WitSec shotgun

Randy Harris
06-15-2018, 08:51 AM
I do Sir.

And I will say that the Stakeout is without a doubt in every way superior. In fact the only thing the original has over the Stakeout is the nostalgia/collectible factor. If you actually plan to use it for "pro social violence" the Stakeout is the way to go...hands down.