PDA

View Full Version : Technical Question Regarding Arm Brace Installation

glockamolee
03-28-2018, 11:47 AM
I have a SF Gen 3 Glock 21/20 (I have two dedicated slide assemblies), and I discovered that the endo adapter is too large for the grip cavity. I would "prefer" to reduce the size of the male connector for the grip cavity, verses buying a non-short-frame glock.

Has anyone tried this and was able to say that the adapter didn't lose structural integrity due to too much material being removed?

Brent Yamamoto
03-28-2018, 11:50 AM
I have an endo that was adapted to fit a Gen4 G41. A LOT of material was removed and it’s fine.

I’m surprised yours doesn’t fit the Gen 3. My guess is very little material will need to be removed.

Yondering
03-28-2018, 02:00 PM
He's got the SF frame, that's why it didn't fit. I did attempt to modify that endo to fit my 21 SF frame, with a lot of material removed as you point out and it was still never really right; the connection wasn't very solid and the pin hole is in the wrong place. I don't recommend using an Endo adapter on a 20/21 gen 3 SF frame based on my experience with it.

The standard (non-SF) gen 3 20/21 frames should fit the Endo directly with no modification, but of course the grip is larger.

Brent Yamamoto
03-28-2018, 02:15 PM
Ah. Duh. I missed the SF. Dangers from multitasking and reading on a phone!

Johnny C!
03-28-2018, 06:23 PM
I modded my ENDO to fit my
Gen 4 17's. Well, one of them
anyway. I didn't like the pin
hole being that low so I drilled
a new one a little higher.

I have to leave it home on
some of my range trips,
because I have a tendency
to shoot it and not work with
my more conventional carry