Gabriel Suarez
02-22-2018, 09:16 AM
Almost ready for assembly and testing.

SigPro09
02-22-2018, 09:19 AM
Barrel length?

Gabriel Suarez
02-22-2018, 09:19 AM
Oh...'bout 9.5" - ish. OAL way over 26".

SigPro09
02-22-2018, 09:21 AM
Interesting approach to cycling the action...I'll be curious how it stands up to some stress testing. Edited to ask...capacity assuming 2.75" shells?

callmebubba
02-22-2018, 09:51 AM
Interesting approach to cycling the action...I'll be curious how it stands up to some stress testing. Edited to ask...capacity assuming 2.75" shells?

Look up the Serbu AOW. It’s been around with a similar design for a long time.

Definitely looking forward to seeing this in action.

SigPro09
02-22-2018, 09:53 AM
Look up the Serbu AOW. It’s been around with a similar design for a long time.

Definitely looking forward to seeing this in action.

Thanks...looks to be 2+1 or 3+1 depending on shell length.

Jollyroger0331
02-22-2018, 10:33 AM
I'm more excited about this than a Commie whose not starving

LawDog
02-22-2018, 11:20 AM
Thanks...looks to be 2+1 or 3+1 depending on shell length.I would guess two, unless you are using mini-shells.

SigPro09
02-22-2018, 11:26 AM
I would guess two, unless you are using mini-shells.

Agreed

chad newton
02-22-2018, 01:00 PM
Damn, they are getting smaller....

JDoza
02-22-2018, 05:51 PM
Iíll take a drive to help test...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gabriel Suarez
02-22-2018, 08:02 PM
I’ll take a drive to help test...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once its ready we will have to have an AZ staff day.

barnetmill
02-23-2018, 12:42 PM
That would be an excellent survival gun for an aircraft or back packing where space is limited. One could fight off man or beast with it and shoot small game for the pot. Be nice if that little gun could be tuned or adjusted to work with minishells to increase the magazine capacity.

Gabriel Suarez
02-23-2018, 01:10 PM
Mini shells are silly. Before everyone gets sweaty about them show me the dead body. Show me yhey have been used in a gunfight.

I see those as the shotgin version of bump firing

Nabalfodrows
02-23-2018, 09:16 PM
I'll buy the snot out of this when it is released.

khadga
02-24-2018, 12:43 AM
Mini shells are silly. Before everyone gets sweaty about them show me the dead body. Show me yhey have been used in a gunfight.

I see those as the shotgin version of bump firing

Agreed.

They are fun, and maybe there's a specific purpose which would justify finding something which runs them properly (apparently Mossberg 500 series and Mosberg 500 series are your options, but I know Mossberg owners who have found that their 500-series DON'T run these as recently as this week).

They fall under the category you've previously described as "trying to make the shotgun into something it isn't". Just like shotgun accurizing takes away from the natural utility of shot spread, going with mini-shells trades away 12 GA ballistics for minimal increases in capacity

The Aguila buckshot is weak and spreads ridiculously.

In a Mossberg pump, the Aguila slugs can mimic a slightly harder hitting .44 magnum lever gun. Or you can just get a .44 magnum lever gun. Or a 9mm AR with more than triple the capacity. Or a rifle.

A great idea, but in practice, a gimmick.

Chainsaw76
02-24-2018, 09:49 AM
Agreed.

They are fun, and maybe there's a specific purpose which would justify finding something which runs them properly (apparently Mossberg 500 series and Mosberg 500 series are your options, but I know Mossberg owners who have found that their 500-series DON'T run these as recently as this week).

They fall under the category you've previously described as "trying to make the shotgun into something it isn't". Just like shotgun accurizing takes away from the natural utility of shot spread, going with mini-shells trades away 12 GA ballistics for minimal increases in capacity

The Aguila buckshot is weak and spreads ridiculously.

In a Mossberg pump, the Aguila slugs can mimic a slightly harder hitting .44 magnum lever gun. Or you can just get a .44 magnum lever gun. Or a 9mm AR with more than triple the capacity. Or a rifle.

A great idea, but in practice, a gimmick.

Yeah, first I heard of these was back in the 70's as something for the sissified British gentry that couldn't handle the standard recoil of BIRDSHOT loads. The only possible way mini shells might work is if loaded with a .600+ round ball, but someone other than I would have to prove them out in their gun. Otherwise I wouldn't even look at them. This load would be of dubious value, and I'll just stick with my favorite 00 Buck.

Papa
02-24-2018, 10:16 AM
Nothing wrong with thinking outside the box, but:

Unless they feed, every time, in an unmodified SGN, they're worthless.

If they work, then look at the payload: is the juice worth the squeeze?

searcher 45
02-24-2018, 08:18 PM
As to the Aguila mini buckshot, from a 18in barrel they pattern about the same as regular buckshot.

At 7 yds. the length of my pickup I get about a 6in circle pattern with the 4 #1 buckshot in the center and and 7 #4 buckshot around the edge.

Not defending it or recommending it just tested it and results were not that bad.

Johnny C!
02-25-2018, 05:26 AM
I am sorry if I just too dense to understand.

If this will function with the arm brace folded,
how is it not an SBS & require a stamp?

i really like it!

John

Dorkface
02-25-2018, 06:41 AM
I am sorry if I just too dense to understand.

If this will function with the arm brace folded,
how is it not an SBS & require a stamp?

i really like it!

John

Because any over all length measurement is taken with a stock/brace fully extended for rifles, shotguns and firearms.

Johnny C!
02-25-2018, 08:45 AM
Thanks!

John

Gabriel Suarez
02-25-2018, 08:56 AM
SUAREZ INTERNATIONAL OFFICIAL POLICY - MINI SHELLS

Our focus is anti-personnel use...not gun games and not "fun with guns". For anti-personnel use we go with ammo that has been proven and is currently in use on the battle field or streets. If something does not have a long and proven track record, we have no interest in it. Mini-shells, the favorite of the "fun gun" crowd, has yet to be used in gunfights (as extensively as traditional buckshot), does not have the same reliability as regular ammo and as such we will not warranty our guns will work with it nor do we suggest anyone use it for self-defense use or training.

If you are insufficiently strong to use 2 3/4" shells...even reduced recoil, there is the 20 ga option.

chad newton
02-25-2018, 09:15 AM
SUAREZ INTERNATIONAL OFFICIAL POLICY - MINI SHELLS

Our focus is anti-personnel use...not gun games and not "fun with guns". For anti-personnel use we go with ammo that has been proven and is currently in use on the battle field or streets. If something does not have a long and proven track record, we have no interest in it. Mini-shells, the favorite of the "fun gun" crowd, has yet to be used in gunfights (as extensively as traditional buckshot), does not have the same reliability as regular ammo and as such we will not warranty our guns will work with it nor do we suggest anyone use it for self-defense use or training.

If you are insufficiently strong to use 2 3/4" shells...even reduced recoil, there is the 20 ga option. I think we get too much into how much of sometimes without thinking quality shots. Iím guessing to say if you need more to 2-3 shots to get on target with a shotgun we will be reading about you in the obituaries. That being said, the shotgun is still a secondary weapon to the pistol. If you run out of ammo, simply reload or sling an draw pistol. A lot of people are trying to over complicate everything more then it really is.

chad newton
02-25-2018, 09:17 AM
If you are going into full out combat, armor up and pick the rifle instead....

khadga
02-25-2018, 11:24 AM
As to the Aguila mini buckshot, from a 18in barrel they pattern about the same as regular buckshot.

At 7 yds. the length of my pickup I get about a 6in circle pattern with the 4 #1 buckshot in the center and and 7 #4 buckshot around the edge.

Not defending it or recommending it just tested it and results were not that bad.

That is significantly better than what my friends and I saw from 14" or 18.5" barrels. Thanks for the datapoint.

Nabalfodrows
02-26-2018, 11:32 AM
Any plans for a Shockwave 590 option?

Gabriel Suarez
02-26-2018, 11:35 AM
Any plans for a Shockwave 590 option?

Nope...Remington only

Nabalfodrows
02-26-2018, 11:41 AM
Nope...Remington only

Sounds good, thanks.

Gabriel Suarez
02-26-2018, 01:22 PM

Dorkface
02-26-2018, 03:26 PM
Mag tube bayonet? Standoff for breaching? Just to piss people off? hehe.

cynical
03-02-2018, 07:59 AM
I like this for the "survival gun" idea. Now that could be survival when your offroad truck breaks down, your plane crashes, or you get a flat tire in the wrong part of town. But with the limited capacity in mind, this would be the perfect gun for a pistol extension tube you could open from the back with the brace still on, that would be perfect storage for extra shells, or other survival gear. How hard would it be to make that work?

Nabalfodrows
03-07-2018, 04:09 PM
Any updates on this?

Gabriel Suarez
03-07-2018, 04:28 PM
Should be ready to test fire in a week. We will have the first proto at the shotgun class coming up.

Nabalfodrows
03-07-2018, 07:45 PM
Thanks boss.