PDA

View Full Version : Is there utility/usefullness in a detachable magazine Tac 14?

KarlinPhoenix
01-26-2018, 11:06 AM
What are your thoughts about this?

Brent Yamamoto
01-26-2018, 11:24 AM
There's a lot of discussion in this thread: http://www.warriortalk.com/showthread.php?137914-MORE-ON-THE-MOSSBERG-MAGAZINE-SHOTGUN

I haven't handled the mag fed Tac14, and I have no interest in one.

And much as I generally prefer Remington to Mossberg, I think Mossberg's execution on their magfed shotgun looks better. Of course they appear only to be offering it in a full size, not a shockwave variant (though I assume that will come eventually).

Just looking at the mag release...why you would put that IN FRONT of the mag is beyond me. Behind the mag, consistent with many platforms such as the AK, makes much more sense. In front of the magazine looks too easy to mistakenly disengage the mag bumping into stuff.

Carrying big, unwield mags? Ugh.

Barker
01-26-2018, 12:15 PM
It does not appeal to me. I appreciate the handiness of the tube fed tac 14. Maybe with a "forearm" brace, but not in that configuration.

Gabriel Suarez
01-26-2018, 12:23 PM
MY THOUGHTS

2018 is the year where I stop trying to convince people of anything or argue about things. Thus if you want to do a backflip in class while you reload from your arse, I won't care...I will think its stupid, but as Ayoob said to Farnam..."we have their money".

So...if you want a Stakeout made up on this, I will make one for you. If you want to bring one to class the only thing we will ask is "Visa or Mastercard?". In fact...I will have them in the store at about $460

But my personal take on these was elaborated here (http://blog.suarezinternational.com/2017/12/the-truth-about-the-remingtom-870-dm.html)

KarlinPhoenix
01-26-2018, 12:39 PM
MY THOUGHTS

2018 is the year where I stop trying to convince people of anything or argue about things. Thus if you want to do a backflip in class while you reload from your arse, I won't care...I will think its stupid, but as Ayoob said to Farnam..."we have their money".

So...if you want a Stakeout made up on this, I will make one for you. If you want to bring one to class the only thing we will ask is "Visa or Mastercard?". In fact...I will have them in the store at about $460

But my personal take on these was elaborated here (http://blog.suarezinternational.com/2017/12/the-truth-about-the-remingtom-870-dm.html)

I have read the thread that Brent highlighted and the article that Gabe penned.

There does not seem to be any specific information on the Tac-14 DM.

This pic that I posted is of an example at the SHOT Show. I have not handled one of these.

This gun looks 'clunky' and not very streamlined and certainly not as handy as Gabe's Stakeout.

Brent Yamamoto
01-26-2018, 12:55 PM
I have read the thread that Brent highlighted and the article that Gabe penned.

There does not seem to be any specific information on the Tac-14 DM.

No, but can't conclusions be drawn from those threads/articles?

Gabriel Suarez
01-26-2018, 01:07 PM
As far as mechanics, I am sure there will be plenty said about this one and the Mossberg answer soon enough.

Surreal001
01-26-2018, 01:45 PM
Looks like an answer to an unasked question to me. The elegance of the Stakeout and arguably the Shockwave is their simplicity, reliability, and sheer brutality. This mag system is adding unnecessary complexity, reliability problems, and weight to a system that should be the exact opposite of those things. Reminds me of the time Mossberg put a chainsaw handle on a shotgun. Thanks for the offer, but I'll pass. Gimmicks are for goofing off, give me something I can win a fight with so I can go home and fuck my beautiful wife.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

KarlinPhoenix
01-26-2018, 01:47 PM
Looks like an answer to an unasked question to me. The elegance of the Stakeout and arguably the Shockwave is their simplicity, reliability, and sheer brutality. This mag system is adding unnecessary complexity, reliability problems, and weight to a system that should be the exact opposite of those things. Reminds me of the time Mossberg put a chainsaw handle on a shotgun. Thanks for the offer, but I'll pass. Gimmicks are for goofing off, give me something I can win a fight with so I can go home and fuck my beautiful wife.

Great answer.