PDA

View Full Version : READY FOR THE RIDE HOME

Gabriel Suarez
01-11-2018, 03:19 PM

WOLF220
01-11-2018, 04:59 PM
That thing is badass. I have always preferred the carbine and pistol but the more and more I see these things the more I want one. And it was good to see you Gabe and the weapons on shooting gallery last night. Great episode.

Herbert West
01-11-2018, 07:02 PM
That thing is badass. I have always preferred the carbine and pistol but the more and more I see these things the more I want one. And it was good to see you Gabe and the weapons on shooting gallery last night. Great episode.
This item is a niche weapon, as we all know, good to have for its intended purpose/ use, I still own and use carbines and pistols but a shockwave is a great travel/hotel/car weapon to accompany my glock 19. Discreet, easy transport, and conceals rather nicely in purple yoga mat bag!

Gabriel Suarez
01-11-2018, 07:26 PM
Niche weapon, maybe...but define your most likely encounter...parameters of conflict...then choose the best weapon. I suspect...with an objective mind...a Stakeout would be of greater use than a Daniel Defense M4.

Just saying...

Gabriel Suarez
01-11-2018, 07:27 PM

jesselp
01-11-2018, 08:12 PM
Pretty sure something is getting sold so I can get one of these.

If your primary loading is buckshot, would you recommend the rifle sites or a plain bead? (I presume an RMR is the gold standard, yes?)

Gabriel Suarez
01-12-2018, 05:50 AM
It really depends on your taste. The RMR offers alot, but the rifle sights are likely second after that. The bead is OK, but not as good as the rifle sights. This weapon needs to be aligned visually since there is no stock. With a bead the stock acts as a position locator that allows the use of the bead. With this you need more. For me, the plain bead is the most difficult to use.

DogDoc
01-12-2018, 07:45 AM
Gabe, tell me about the potential combination of the rifle sights and the RMR. I’m leaning toward the sights from a “rugged simplicity” perspective but wonder if I later opted for an RMR whether the sights could just be left on (and whether they would negatively impact the RMR sight picture) or whether the sights would need to be removed.

Gabriel Suarez
01-12-2018, 08:19 AM
Gabe, tell me about the potential combination of the rifle sights and the RMR. I’m leaning toward the sights from a “rugged simplicity” perspective but wonder if I later opted for an RMR whether the sights could just be left on (and whether they would negatively impact the RMR sight picture) or whether the sights would need to be removed.

My full sized 12 is set up like that and it gives a sight pic like my Glock 17.