PDA

View Full Version : Pouches for extended magaziness

Dry Fork
01-02-2018, 11:09 AM
I have PDFs in 9mm, 357 sig, and 45 acp and need magazine pouches to store the mags in and to use as a grab and go pouches. I have found surplus pouches for the Sten, Uzi, H & K, and Thompson. What does everybody use and do you have any suggestions. Thanks for your help.

Greg Nichols
01-02-2018, 11:17 AM
http://www.highspeedgear.com/11EX00.html

jtiii
01-02-2018, 12:36 PM
Galati Gear 8 pocket shoulder pouch. Can hold 8-16 happy sticks but it does get heavy if you fill it up. 54417

EDELWEISS
01-02-2018, 04:27 PM
I found the old W German MP5 pouches work for the 9/357/40 mags. The plus side is they have simple belt loops on the back (some have tow levels for high and low carry). I suspect they will be hard to find in good condition now. I also have some MOLLE pouches from Condor that have served well. Condor is usually thought of as one step above AirSoft gear; but they have served me well for a few years--although admittedly they haven't had much of a full blow workout. I like them because they are adjustable for short (22rnd) and longer mags.

Gabriel Suarez
01-02-2018, 04:59 PM
So if you go through the happy stick in the PDW and reload twice, you will not only be on Fox news, but also the BBC and other international news channels. I find that the PDW's on board mag...and maybe one more in the belt is more than enough since the weapon also takes the mags I carry for my EDC. Let's not get carried away with this.

EDELWEISS
01-02-2018, 05:30 PM
I read it as him using a PDW instead of a rifle (he talked about "grab and go"), so naturally I'm thinking hes running a SMG type weapon and would want multiple mags (just like a guy carrying a rifle would want multiple mags)---but of course that's me thinking PDW/SMG ???

C.J. Singleton
01-03-2018, 02:47 AM
Might want to check out the vickers ten speed smg chest rig Gabe carried them at one time. Very light and low profile holds half a dozen smg magazines

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Dry Fork
01-03-2018, 08:47 AM
Thanks for all the help and info. I would like to have multi cell so I can carry 2 loaded mags and use the other as dump pouches . I have a family ranch and get called by the SO for cows out, drunks thru fences and trespassers (human and feral hogs). I am a cripple old man that has to use a crutch so I think I want I need something light and easy to handle

Gabriel Suarez
01-03-2018, 08:51 AM
Might want to check out the vickers ten speed smg chest rig Gabe carried them at one time. Very light and low profile holds half a dozen smg magazines

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

THEY WERE HIGH SPEED GEAR CHEST RIGS...if they were Vickers they wouldn't fit anyone here.

Gabriel Suarez
01-03-2018, 08:52 AM
BTW...the PDW is not a high contact sustained fire weapon. It is a hit and run weapon. If used well, two 33 round mags, plus what is on your belt for your pistol, will be more than enough.

Brent Yamamoto
01-03-2018, 10:06 AM
Or eliminate the need for an extra mag pouch altogether:
https://suarezinternational.com/pdw-dual-magazine-clamp/

Spiffy
01-07-2018, 07:02 PM
http://www.highspeedgear.com/11EX00.html

That's the route I went. I put bladetech molle straps on them to take teklocs.

Coolhand77
06-23-2018, 10:10 AM
just a thought, the extra magazine pockets [for the sake of argument, say you carry 2 spares...redundancy is a habit with me], can be for your suppressor and say one other piece of equipment..IFAK type stuff, or something else you think you might need...even a night vision monocular. It doesn't have to be JUST for ammo.

Just my thoughts. Balance between versitility/preparedness and redundancy without overweighing or bulking your kit is always in motion

Philip Asay
06-24-2018, 01:10 PM
I keep a TIB https://suarezinternational.com/terrorist-interdiction-active-shooter-bag-tib/ packed with multiple full Glock mags for my G19, multiple full P-mags for the AR, and multiple full mags for my MPX pistol. It’s a grab-n-go bag that has the items I need for the G19 I always carry and for the rifle/pistol I have close at hand ready to go

Rogal Dorn
07-02-2018, 09:51 AM
You might want to look at MAT-49 mag pouches. They are 4 cell, have belt loops, a little cutting and you have a 2 cell with dump pouch. They are a bit deep for my 30 round scorpion mags so YMV.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk