PDA

View Full Version : PDW Covert/Overt Magazine Solutions

MrJimBowie
08-26-2017, 06:36 AM
New forum Member here, but hardly new to WT.
I've been perusing WT for years now and decided to join the discussion.

Question:

Opinions/thoughts on carrying OEM 33rd or ETS 31rd magazines for Glock PDW, in both
overt and covert scenarios.

Chest rig, belt mounted, etc?

Thanks guys.

Ansbach
08-27-2017, 02:04 AM
Mission drives equipment. If you were using an M4, how would carry those magazines? I doubt you would carry the Glock mags any different than rifle mags.

DogDoc
08-27-2017, 05:53 AM
Where are you planning to carry the PDW itself? Bag? Backpack? Poke the mags in there, I sometimes carry a 33 rd mag in my front pocket.

MrJimBowie
08-27-2017, 07:00 AM
Thanks for the replies.

Absolutely mission drives equipment, and one can throw a mag in a pocket, or as a friend of mine on WT always says 'Just wear a hoodie.'
However in the Southwest 3/4 of the year a hoodie is far from a practical means of concealment.

I posted to see how other PDW users are going about concealing mags and their pdw.

I build my own kydex gear based on personal needs and I'm looking for concepts to conceal
beyond the cliché answers of 'put a mag in a pocket.'

WOLF220
08-27-2017, 07:41 AM
HSGI makes tacos for those mags. They are easily mounted in bags or packs, or mounted to anything with molle. I don't imagine I'd ever carry those on my person with 21 round pmags available. However if I'm carrying a pack hiking or camping I usually have one or two happy sticks stashed in the pack.

Puddle
08-27-2017, 09:02 AM
Vertx sling pack and hand-modified Vertx mag pouches.

MrJimBowie
08-27-2017, 09:53 AM
HSGI makes tacos for those mags. They are easily mounted in bags or packs, or mounted to anything with molle. I don't imagine I'd ever carry those on my person with 21 round pmags available. However if I'm carrying a pack hiking or camping I usually have one or two happy sticks stashed in the pack.

Good point on the 21 rd pmags. If high conceal is needed, seems like a logical compromise to belt mount 21s or even 17s.
I'm entertaining a BFG MP7 chest rig for more overt scenarios,as I'm a fan of BFG.

I run pretty much exclusively Tacos and have one extended pistol mag pouch and there great for overtly rocking mags.
I'm working on the conceal side of my PDW kit and throwing the question to the hive before I design some kydex mag carriers for the PDW concept.

EDELWEISS
08-27-2017, 03:00 PM
Its not sexy; but Ive had success carrying 33s in my back pocket next to my wallet. Ive also used a NPE mag holder with 33s.

For OPEN carry, I tried them on mounted on my hard plate using a Blue Force elastic type holder intended for AR mags. I'm not generally a fan of vertical 30+ mags on a chest rig (horizontal is ok). Ive also experimented with different SMG mag carriers, some are better than others

Gabriel Suarez
08-27-2017, 03:05 PM
Opposite the pistol, left of the belt buckle, tucked in like a wakizashi. In truth, your EDC mags also work in this. If you go through the mag in the PDW, the mags on your belt, the additional ammo in your EDC, you will be on Fox News and CNN.

MrJimBowie
08-27-2017, 09:22 PM
Opposite the pistol, left of the belt buckle, tucked in like a wakizashi. In truth, your EDC mags also work in this. If you go through the mag in the PDW, the mags on your belt, the additional ammo in your EDC, you will be on Fox News and CNN.

haha. The infamous Gabe type answer I had only heard of, I got on my first post.
I have a buddy who has taken a course with you and a good friend here in Texas who owns
a private range who has had you out. Much of what Ive learned on G3 platform has come from your vids several years ago.

pl

GemJedi
08-30-2017, 06:25 PM

MrJimBowie
09-08-2017, 04:55 PM
I've been thinking about a similar concept, but making it out of kydex and attaching it to the Endo. I like it