PDA

View Full Version : SLINGWORK WITH THE STAKEOUT

Gabriel Suarez
04-11-2017, 10:50 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLAQ157bpIA

Center Shot
04-12-2017, 04:54 AM
What sling do you recomend for the Stakeout?

Texican_gal
04-12-2017, 10:38 AM
What sling do you recomend for the Stakeout?

I'm clearly not Gabe, but that sling is listed as an add-on option when you buy. I didn't look at the name, if it is listed.

I have got to have one of these Stakeouts. This video really shows how handy this weapon is.

(I'm not a little gal, I'm a big gal – not too big tho' – so we'll see how I do with it.)

Late edit: I think I confused the STRAP with a SLING. So, strap is there for order, sling is not. Correcto?

Bill the Vet
04-12-2017, 12:14 PM
I'm clearly not Gabe, but that sling is listed as an add-on option when you buy. I didn't look at the name, if it is listed.

I have got to have one of these Stakeouts. This video really shows how handy this weapon is.

(I'm not a little gal, I'm a big gal not too big tho' so we'll see how I do with it.)

TG I'm very interested in how this works for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texican_gal
04-12-2017, 12:47 PM
TG I'm very interested in how this works for you

I hope to order next week. I will sure report on it!

SheepDog68
04-12-2017, 12:53 PM
Also not Gabe! :)

Six feet of 2" webbing and two 2" triglides make a great shotgun sling!

SD

Center Shot
04-12-2017, 01:50 PM
I have had a sling swivel stud install the pistol grip of my Stakeout just like Gabe's video. It has to take a 1 1/4 inch wide sling because the sling attachment near the muzzle is a 1 1/4 inch wide slot. I had the stakeout strap on the hand guard but it did not work out for me. The mount on the strap would dig in my hand even time I shot it. Gabe what sling do you recommend. Thanks.

Center Shot
04-15-2017, 09:06 AM
Gabe:

Are you going to sell a sling recommended for the Stakeout?

Gabriel Suarez
04-15-2017, 09:08 AM
Yes...I will do that.

Center Shot
04-22-2017, 09:44 AM
Hey Gabe:
Any Thing on that Stakeout Sing yet?

Texican_gal
04-22-2017, 10:39 AM
Interestingly, it was this particular video that really got my *brain to tell me: "oh, you need one of these."

*Brain, heart & gut all working together I suspect.

Center Shot
05-09-2017, 04:52 PM
Gabe:
I put a sling swivel stud on the raptor grip of my Stakeout. What sling do you recommend for it? Thanks

LawDog
05-09-2017, 07:09 PM
I've been wondering about this very issue. While some scenario parameters we envision for this gun militate in favor of a slick, sling-less carry method, there are times that a sling is desired. I've wondered about the utility of the stakeout as a close-woods gun for bears. In that role, I'd want a sling--and preferably one that allowed the gun to be carried across the chest. Though 'sling' could almost become 'holster' for this gun. This gun is so far out of the normal mold that it requires rethinking all of the old methods we've grown accustomed to.

BearMBD
05-09-2017, 08:08 PM
I have a GG&G quick release mount for my 18.5 inch stakeout style 870. I use a magpul MS4 sling for it. It is very handy in a 1 point configuration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Papa
05-11-2017, 08:52 PM
I've been wondering about this very issue. While some scenario parameters we envision for this gun militate in favor of a slick, sling-less carry method, there are times that a sling is desired. I've wondered about the utility of the stakeout as a close-woods gun for bears. In that role, I'd want a sling--and preferably one that allowed the gun to be carried across the chest. Though 'sling' could almost become 'holster' for this gun. This gun is so far out of the normal mold that it requires rethinking all of the old methods we've grown accustomed to.

I've been using a, well, bootleg copy while cleaning up my trails. It's easy to sling while using hand axe or clippers. I've also been carrying this while out with the dogs. The terrain is broken, heavily wooded with narrow, winding trails. I rarely have more than 50 yards unobstructed line of sight, and I can easily move offline and into the brush as a counter to a rifle. Caveat: the shortened muzzle means it's easy to laser yourself or a dog, especially if the Stakeout is carried muzzle down. I generally carry it with safety off and chamber empty, hammer down, if it's slung. If I'm carrying it in my hands, I have one up the spout and the safety on. I switch off right and left to avoid fatigue or to get a better angle on a hill or slope. It's easy to wrap the left index finger around the trigger guard to rest on the safety when carrying lefty.
Slide noise is a problem if carrying cruiser ready, but once the firearm is cocked the noise is minimized.
Is it optimum for these purposes? No.
But it's pretty darned good.

Brent Yamamoto
05-11-2017, 11:06 PM
I installed a Magpul QD attachment in the grip. This is mostly for convenience.

I don't have a QD for the front, but I'm pretty quick getting it on and off. I may install some kind of QD up front later but I'm happy enough for now. I mostly leave the sling off for how I'm using it.

As for the sling itself, I'm just using a very simple strap. No extra drama. I can see using something that has a quick adjust to tighten it up to the body but not going that direction for now.

Greg Nichols
05-12-2017, 02:27 PM
I installed a Magpul QD attachment in the grip. This is mostly for convenience.

I don't have a QD for the front, but I'm pretty quick getting it on and off. I may install some kind of QD up front later but I'm happy enough for now. I mostly leave the sling off for how I'm using it.

As for the sling itself, I'm just using a very simple strap. No extra drama. I can see using something that has a quick adjust to tighten it up to the body but not going that direction for now.

I don't know, I'm kinda leaning to an adjustable like the Magpul MS1 for this. When Gabe and I shot those videos it kept tickling my brain that using tension in the sling like that of an MP5K might hold some value for accuracy and recovery from recoil

http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee368/Marine0303/null_zpsc732dba6.jpg (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjY9dvtpevTAhVn9IMKHWBQCvQQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hkpro.com%2Fforum%2Fteufelshu nd-tactical%2F212308-jan-2015-teufleshund-tactical-mp5-ump-operator-course-after-action-report.html&psig=AFQjCNG1Em6B2FzgIQEEG6EWr3ciZ-YHSw&ust=1494710693730144)

Brent Yamamoto
05-12-2017, 02:52 PM
Yes I can totally see the value of an adjustable sling with this. I'm just not going that way for now. I will probably go that way once I'm done with the current project