PDA

View Full Version : PATTERNING THE STAKEOUT

Gabriel Suarez
03-24-2017, 04:28 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1n96AwIxrs&feature=youtu.be

DeltaCadet84
03-24-2017, 04:40 PM
Gabe, your analysis videos are always short, sweet, and to the point. A breath of fresh air for YouTube gun videos.

The first type of ammunition kept an extremely tight pattern, that was very surprising.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

ChrisNobody
03-24-2017, 04:44 PM
Outstanding video! I love that you set the parameters and then show evidence as to why those are the parameters. I agree that the #4 buck just looks great! Those are excellent patterns and highlight the effectiveness envelope of 10 yards with the ability to get partial patterns easily at 15 yards.

Let some jack hole start trying to pattern slugs with it. (No idea why someone would try)

I think this would be an awesome platform for the 13 MOA Dual Illuminated RMR.

Mike Heckathorn
03-24-2017, 05:44 PM
Outstanding video! I love that you set the parameters and then show evidence as to why those are the parameters. I agree that the #4 buck just looks great! Those are excellent patterns and highlight the effectiveness envelope of 10 yards with the ability to get partial patterns easily at 15 yards.

Let some jack hole start trying to pattern slugs with it. (No idea why someone would try)

I think this would be an awesome platform for the 13 MOA Dual Illuminated RMR.

The #1 FliteControl was basically slugs, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

searcher 45
03-24-2017, 07:34 PM
Average length of a full size car-truck is 7yds and from parking lot meridian-to-meriden is about 25yds in say Wal Mart parking lot.

This is just for reference as video has driver with Stakeout in lap in vehicle.

Would be of nice to know how Stakeout and both ammo selections pattern at 25yds.

Personal note: I could be wrong, but do not believe the barrel length will effect the pattering very much at all as long as no choke is used.

While 25yds may seem like a great distance for the Stakeout, I believe it is well with in the weapon's capability to put serious hurt on BGs with possibly little collateral damage providing shooter is on target.

I know it was conceived as a 5-10yd weapon and it shines in close, but in well trained hands may be very effective at longer range.

Maybe someone knows but how far will buckshot travel before grounding if shot level at say eye sight and a miss happens?

Greatly enjoyed the video!!!

steve_k
03-24-2017, 08:23 PM
Very cool, don't think I have ever seen or done a comparison of shot gun ammo. #1 was pretty tight, had never thought something like that was achievable.

Hopefully one of the local tribe members picks up what that I can ogle at, I think I have already reached my gun quota for the year.

fish78
03-25-2017, 07:28 AM
Just out of curiosity, have you or anyone tried the little shorty Aguila rounds? Thinking for inside the house?

fish78
03-25-2017, 07:35 AM
MINISHELL MEETS MAXIMUM PERFORMANCE.
Our 1 ” Minishell nearly doubles the capacity of shotguns. We are the only manufacturer offering the Minishell buckshot for hunting or defense purposes. The pellets of this 00B(12) buckshot travel at 1,200 ft/sec. Also comes in 1& 4 buck.

Gabriel Suarez
03-25-2017, 07:46 AM
Nope...I do not have a good opinion of those gimmicky rounds.

fish78
03-25-2017, 07:48 AM
Roger that.

Gabriel Suarez
03-25-2017, 07:53 AM
Imo, they give away too much effectiveness for capacity on the range. It's about killing, not about having lots of shells. I want to hear about bad guys killed with it before considering for anything.

David Bowman
03-25-2017, 10:00 AM
Thanks for the video Gabe. This is great info.

As for those 1 3/4 rounds; it seems like a purpose built situation to get double feeds, mag issues etc. by putting those in the pipe. With more effective ammo and consistent training, I wouldn't think about needing more rounds in the gun.

Unless I have more bad guys... In which case I will just load more rounds and invite their friends to party as well.

DogDoc
03-25-2017, 10:11 AM
I looked at the mini shells out if curiosity a while back. Most if them say they won't cycle reliably in a pump action.

Johnny C!
03-25-2017, 10:19 AM
I have loaded #1 Buck in 1-3/4" OAL shells
and have ran them perfectly well in my
870's. I like them. I found that same type
of pattern that Gabe showed in the video.

I will try them in my stakeout when I get
mine.

What will the cost adder be for the 18" version?

John

Gabriel Suarez
03-25-2017, 10:27 AM
Cost for the 18" is the same.

On the "mini shells" - I would like to hear of their use in gunfights. Way too much proven ammo out there to rely on these otherwise.

searcher 45
03-25-2017, 11:03 AM
Very hard to find the Aguila mini shells seems the stock has dried up.

kid_couteau
03-25-2017, 02:14 PM
Nice
I actually am surprised the spread was not more
Cool

barnetmill
03-25-2017, 03:10 PM
Great video and I emailed it to some friends.