PDA

View Full Version : G41 PDW

Brent Yamamoto
03-04-2017, 06:30 PM
Needs a little more work but it's close.

Yondering
03-04-2017, 06:45 PM
Did you have SI coat that slide, or is that the lighting?

We need a range trip, and I need to shoot that thing. Looks good!

Brent Yamamoto
03-04-2017, 06:50 PM
I don't think I would have bothered with this, but I knew Yondering had an Endo unit sitting around that he had started to mod for an SF gun. He could tell it wasn't going to work so I bought this off him. Didn't take much to make it fit the 41.

I don't really have a use for this one but it's something else to experiment with.

With its little brother, the G30S. Both have Suarez sights and triggers.

Generally speaking, I believe that a gun should be a dedicated PDW. But since I already have one of those, I don't plan on dedicating the G41 to that role. Maybe this will become a dedicated woods gun with hardcast bullets. We will see.

steve_k
03-04-2017, 06:52 PM
Pretty damn nice!

Brent Yamamoto
03-04-2017, 06:54 PM
Did you have SI coat that slide, or is that the lighting?

We need a range trip, and I need to shoot that thing. Looks good!

Yes. The 41 is coated with Titanium Aluminum Nitride. SI no longer offers that finish sadly. The 30S was intended to match; thankfully the DLC is a very close match.

Yes, a range trip is in order...

DogDoc
03-04-2017, 08:05 PM
I set up a .45 PDW too. Mine is a G21 Gen 4. Took some whittling to get the Endo to fit. The gun has the SI grip treatment and an SI trigger. The Folder is an XLR. Kriss mag.

Papa
03-04-2017, 08:14 PM
Thought hard about installing an Endo with folder on one of my approved 21s and mounting it on the front of my console. How reliable are the Kriss mags?

Brent Yamamoto
03-04-2017, 08:18 PM
I've not had any issues with the mags but admittedly I haven't shot them a lot.

Yet.

Brent Yamamoto
03-04-2017, 08:53 PM
Thought hard about installing an Endo with folder on one of my approved 21s and mounting it on the front of my console. How reliable are the Kriss mags?

I don't think you would regret this, even without the Kriss mags.

One thing to keep in mind is that without a red dot (I'm assuming policy won't allow that) the front sight can be hard to focus on that close to your face. Adjusting the LOP will help of course, and with a folder the length of the brace isn't so much of an issue.

My dad has a G21 with the brace. In the poorly lit range we were shooting at, it was impossible to get a clear focus on the front sight. Nonetheless, at the maximum distance the range allowed we made very fast hits. Accuracy was minute of asshole's face, totally acceptable.

CWBP225
03-05-2017, 11:48 AM
Just for those situations where you cannot have a RMR, such as prohibited by policy, has anyone tried a fiber optic front sight? Might be easier to focus on.