PDA

View Full Version : STAKEOUT carry methods

EDELWEISS
02-25-2017, 03:24 PM
Now that they are beginning to roll off the assembly line I think we ought to discuss HOW to carry them. The STAKEOUT has the real advantage of being slim, think soda straw over VS an AR or AK pistol. So what options do we have available. This would have been a perfect place for the folding chair bags that used to be so prevalent but sorta disappeared.

I've been pondering something like a Blue Print tube assuming it fits and fits into your lifestyle. A gym bag works but getting one 26+ inches long usually means a really fat bag and I'm not sure that's whats needed. The fall back is some sort of a backpack, perhaps one of the "take apart" AR bags.

No doubt the "tennis racket" type bags will also work and I'm guessing anything that would fit a AR/AK pistol (without a folding buffer); but again I think the key is to think slim. Perhaps something designed to hold a rolled up yoga mat--does that even exist?:yell:

Suggestions

Trenchs
02-25-2017, 03:35 PM
How about something like a tripod bag?
https://www.amazon.com/VidPro-TC-27-carries-27-Inch-Tripods/dp/B0010CKE7G

Gabriel Suarez
02-25-2017, 04:01 PM
MAKE NOTE OF THE FOLLOWING

Gents, this a grey area that we must navigate. One of the main points that separates this "firearm" from the NFA purview is that it ostensibly cannot be concealed on one's person...being longer than the prescribed 26". So while we can discuss the type of bag or container to carry one of these to and fro, we will not under any circumstances entertain a discussion about concealing upon one's person. The egalitarian USA may have a first amendment, but there is no such animal on a pirate ship.

PastorM
02-25-2017, 04:41 PM
This is a really dopey looking seat cover ... but the first thing that came to mind was this kind of concealment and accessibility.

BillyOblivion
02-25-2017, 05:48 PM
Now that they are beginning to roll off the assembly line I think we ought to discuss HOW to carry them. The STAKEOUT has the real advantage of being slim, think soda straw over VS an AR or AK pistol. So what options do we have available. This would have been a perfect place for the folding chair bags that used to be so prevalent but sorta disappeared.

I've been pondering something like a Blue Print tube assuming it fits and fits into your lifestyle. A gym bag works but getting one 26+ inches long usually means a really fat bag and I'm not sure that's whats needed. The fall back is some sort of a backpack, perhaps one of the "take apart" AR bags.

No doubt the "tennis racket" type bags will also work and I'm guessing anything that would fit a AR/AK pistol (without a folding buffer); but again I think the key is to think slim. Perhaps something designed to hold a rolled up yoga mat--does that even exist?:yell:

Suggestions

https://www.amazon.com/B-Crew-Telescoping-Transports-Blueprints-Waterproof/dp/B01G540HL6/

Tube for carrying rolled up pieces of paper.

JVSIII
02-25-2017, 06:06 PM
There's one on Amazon by yoga addict that's 28"x8". It's got a couple pockets that might work for a few extra shells, or whatever.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

EDELWEISS
02-25-2017, 06:48 PM
Guys Gabe makes a good point about "Others" not being concealed. How that will be interpreted remains to be seen as this is such a new weapons concept. For now I suggest we consider this subject about how to safely/legally transport the STAKEOUT as we would for back and forth to the range.

Ted Demosthenes
02-25-2017, 07:26 PM
Leather blueprint/map case with shoulder strap?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170226/9a85810ac2989a52f2d260c58dad4a92.jpg

"National Treasure..."

Pirates are about Treasure!

steve_k
02-25-2017, 07:27 PM
I use to carry my riffles to the range in a baseball bat bag, it was pretty low key.

Ted Demosthenes
02-25-2017, 07:32 PM
I use to carry my riffles to the range in a baseball bat bag, it was pretty low key.

Add a couple balls, gloves, and a worn Louisville Slugger n U B GTG bra'.

LawDog
02-25-2017, 07:32 PM
A long sock?

Dave Sauer
02-25-2017, 08:35 PM
I'm thinking more along the lines of how to carry it in a vehicle...for a movie...one of those societal melt down mayhem films where it's every man for himself, survival of the fittest sort of thing. The hero has to have quick access to deploy it while seated in the drivers seat. It can't be obviously visible and invite theft, but it cannot be cumbersome to bring into action. A headliner console mount would be ideal, just reach up and snap down, barrel already aligned toward side window, no maneuvering around shifters or wheel. This would allow for some good action shots of the deployment with sweaty tattooed arms, black leather fingerless gloves on hands grabbing hold of our modern battle axe. A POV shot of muzzle blast glowing from the ported barrel as the door swings open and our hero jumps out of his RAM 4x4 with Road Armor bumpers to engage more villains.

I'll have to give this some thought...

Does anyone know where to get the best price on Road Armor bumpers?

Ted Demosthenes
02-25-2017, 09:04 PM
[QUOTE=Dave Sauer
Does anyone know where to get the best price on Road Armor bumpers?[/QUOTE]

Thunderdome Outback Gear, Alice Springs...Mate

Dorkface
02-25-2017, 09:54 PM
There are some really cool leather and hard side cases for pool cues that could fit this goal very well.