PDA

View Full Version : PDW Left Handed?

RobertGuy
02-18-2017, 12:24 PM
Any issues with the PDW/Endo adapter and left handed operation?

...noticed the Endo adapter is only for the Gen3. Also curious why they aren't interested in the Gen4?

Gabriel Suarez
02-18-2017, 12:42 PM

...noticed the Endo adapter is only for the Gen3. Also curious why they aren't interested in the Gen4?

No issues...we are an ambidextrous tribe. On the Gen 4...what many people do not understand is that everything that is made is done so for profit and to obtain that one targets the biggest market. I sell three gen 3 slides for every Gen 4. A mold costs about $50,000 and the PDW is a niche concept that the mainstream has yet to steal from us and claim to have invented it.

baker
02-18-2017, 01:23 PM
It took a file and 10-15 minutes work to fit the Endo to my Gen 4. It's a great fit, too.

GemJedi
02-18-2017, 01:44 PM
A mold costs about $50,000 and the PDW is a niche concept that the mainstream has yet to steal from us and claim to have invented it.

This seems like one of those things where rapid prototyping of a CAD model could easily take the place of master metal molds that cost $50,000 and require very high production to amortize. But I don't have the CAD file so I bought a Gen 3 G17 and the SI PDW and don't need to think about it any more. A PDW for a G19 would be interesting though as I seek the smallest form PDW to fit in a briefcase assembled. At 19.75" total, I have not found a suitable briefcase that does not seem excessively sized. I therefore have it unassembled in two sections of the briefcase for a proactive situation.

Scottman
02-18-2017, 04:16 PM
there are other methods depending on how crafty you are....

Papa
02-18-2017, 07:25 PM
Left handed use mirrors right handed use, with the benefit that you can use the left index finger to release the magazine. If the PDW is fitted with a Comminoli safety just bring your left thumb around to wipe it off. If time is short, the PDW can be fired this way. If there's time, bring the thumb back around where it belongs and start the ball.

RobertGuy
02-20-2017, 07:10 PM
Should I then get the Gen4 and modify the Endo adapter?

Or out of the box Gen 3 and the Endo?

Brent Yamamoto
02-20-2017, 07:13 PM
If you're already invested in Gen4 then it may make sense to stick with it.

Otherwise, if the goal is a dedicated PDW I don't know why a guy wouldn't just buy a Gen3.

Papa
02-20-2017, 07:27 PM
Should I then get the Gen4 and modify the Endo adapter?

Or out of the box Gen 3 and the Endo?

Gen 3.

CR Williams
02-21-2017, 05:33 AM

No. Next question?