PDA

View Full Version : USA 1 shot - Non NFA stock for your handgun, aka the 2 piece

Rustwins88
02-08-2017, 01:45 PM
I'm surprised I've not heard of this, although I can understand why something like this hasn't caught on lol. It's been around since mid 2015 at least. This is the kind of crap we get when we have to innovate around arbitrary laws.

http://www.recoilweb.com/usa-1shot-non-nfa-butt-stock-for-your-handgun-69131.html

It DOES NOT attach to your pistol, you'll have to watch the video to see exactly how it works. Essentially, it has a claw, which kind of reminds me of those green Incredible Hulk hand gloves, and you slip it over the grip on your pistol and hold it in place with friction. Basically, you have to constantly hold it together. The whole concept brings to mind the bullet button fiasco in Cali. A solution to a problem which shouldn't exist in the first place. Granted, the shockwave is an NFA runaround but it's a lot closer to an SBR Glock than this thing is. You can sling a shockwave Glock and it won't fall apart!

They do have a G43 version which is pretty funny as well.

It's a clever runaround concept but It's pretty silly IMO. I guess it's the only option if you own a sig, 1911, m9, etc. I can see it being convenient but I really don't like the idea of a two piece gun. Hell, instead of calling it "1-shot", they should have named it "2-piece."

I'm looking forward to ENDO expanding their line of stock adapters. I really hope to see a compact Glock model this year and then they can expand to different brands. I'm somewhat surprised he hasn't expanded yet.

Gabriel Suarez
02-08-2017, 01:54 PM
Yup...saw it...handled it at SHOT, rolled eyes at price, and scratched off the list. Went with Endo.

steve_k
02-08-2017, 02:23 PM
Looks like it would make a great prosthetic should you lose your forearm.

EDELWEISS
02-09-2017, 06:34 AM
No it wont replace the Endo and its poorly executed; but its still a good concept. More importantly its continued thinking of how to make shooting better and how to find every tweek that the law allows. The industry only evolves when ideas continue to be explored.

The Endo is great but isn't perfect. Its what we have and its a combination of parts that make a greater whole. It can be better, a better attachment system, something slimmer than a AR Buffer tube, a better folding mechanism, or perhaps a sliding mechanism BUT its what we have right now and theres nothing that comes close. We looked at better designs than the 1Shot here on WT and ultimately moved forward with the Endo because its available and works. We've modified the Endo to fit other models of Glocks, we've played with folders and carry options, and safeties.

The Endo works and its available right the F here at WT. Who knows what will be available next year next month or tomorrow? As long as we keep looking for improvements, surely we'll find find plenty of failures and a few almosts, until we find our next eureka .

I don't dismiss failures, I embrace them as a reason to keep trying....

DeltaCadet84
02-09-2017, 07:01 AM
The USA 1Shot gets its name after numerous military operators and SWAT officers field tested the unit and received results so satisfactory that they claimed they could end a violent scenario with “one shot”.

Uh huh...yeah, sticking with the Endo

GemJedi
02-09-2017, 11:20 AM
Interesting side note: The article explains that ATF says "that since it does not attach to the firearm or impact the design or function of the handgun in a permanent manner it is simply a shooting rest and not covered by the purview of the Tech branch."

That would seem to mean that the PDW is not NFA for the same reason because it does not attach permanently. So that would be in addition to it not being NFA because it is a brace and not a stock. I wonder if this then applies to the legality of shouldering a PDW with a brace?

DeltaCadet84
02-09-2017, 11:32 AM
Interesting side note: The article explains that ATF says "that since it does not attach to the firearm or impact the design or function of the handgun in a permanent manner it is simply a shooting rest and not covered by the purview of the Tech branch."

That would seem to mean that the PDW is not NFA for the same reason because it does not attach permanently. So that would be in addition to it not being NFA because it is a brace and not a stock. I wonder if this then applies to the legality of shouldering a PDW with a brace?

By the same logic, my Magpul stock I could put on a hypothetical AR pistol wouldn't be "permanently attached", because I could take it off. So the whole concept of an SBR falls apart because of what "permanently attached" means.

My thoughts: If you can drop your gun and it doesn't fall off, it's attached.

EDELWEISS
02-09-2017, 12:56 PM

THAT is NOT what it means. Permanently attached doesn't mean welded on, at least it didn't in the "before times". Permanently attached meant and I still think means, attached so its one piece, as in screwed on or pinned on or clipped on. Remember the WV Boyz in charge of NO FUN TOYS, have been known to put guns in a vice and use a breaker bar to prove a flash hider wasn't permanently attached thus proving they had a SBR... I see no reason to accept that the Endo with an actual "stock" instead of a "brace" isn't a SBR--especially with the "pin" in place.

The beauty of the NOT Stock concept is that they fall away when hand grip is released. Hold it and its a ridged stock, release the grip and you have two parts. Also and of course NOT being permanently attached it CAN be a STOCK and it CAN be SHOULDERED. Taking the concept one step further, it doesn't require anything so grossly over sized as the AR Buffer Tube.

Kelveren
02-10-2017, 06:02 AM
More girth is not always better.

Come on, over 24 hours and it came down to me to say it? :)

Neat in concept it sounds like, but not in execution. This really isnt so different from the one that came out a while that was friction pressed to the backstrap instead of the side. I imagine its a lot easier and secure to grip though, except that it
looks like it almost doubles the grip size. And like it was molded with putty by the CEOs son.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Ted Demosthenes
02-11-2017, 11:03 PM
Observations:
No acknowledgement of the accuracy that may have come from the RDS (DPP?). Those hits weren't due just to the 1shot.

The evaluators shot well with the combo, but didn't look particularly professional while doing so.

Poor finger discipline.

Not for the small of hand?

There are a bunch of SI RDS alumni that can do the same sans stock...just sayin'

barnetmill
02-12-2017, 05:08 AM
Attaching non-NFA stocks that are fixed mechanically is a concept that has been around more than 30 yrs if not longer. I want see an endo or other similar available with 1911 main housing that is modified for detachable use with a usable armbrace. Would like to set up my para-ordnance. It is accurate, has large capacity magazines, and comes with a safety. Most importantly I am not using it for concealed carry or anything else at the moment.

Red Ryder
02-12-2017, 05:04 PM
I played with the USA version at SHOT and it was reasonably comfortable but too fat and way too expensive. A wrap around version for half the pistol grip that is held in place by friction and hand pressure should be simple enough to engineer. A Gen 2 from them might be something to consider, but they seem to be sticking with this over-priced/overly large prototype for now. End tactical might take this up as a challenge (if they ever slow down selling their currently excellent attachable arm brace product).

Glock should make an OEM version of it (but they should do a LOT of things they don't like forward cocking serrations, a .22 upper, slides milled for RMR with suppressor sights, barrels threaded with 1/2 x 28 instead of metric....the list goes on).