PDA

View Full Version : Urban Inauguration Kit.

coastalcop
01-19-2017, 07:47 AM
As I am going to be in the 4th largest cities in the United States for the next few days, and the general "unrest" predicted I decided to put together a small PDW kit to throw in my backpack. This does not replace the 19 on my person, but augments it. to fit in the pouch the shockwave is separated from the tube (not required but feels better given time to install) and the appropriate allen wrench taped to the buffer tube. Just an idea for a low profile easy to carry in your daypack option . In this format it is designed around a couple minute break in contact, while you are figuring out your next movement. (violent protests started, you moved into a corner of the starbucks, and are figuring out what you need to do to get to where you need to go). Does show the flexibility of the system

Pistol Glock 34 with RMR , Surefire light and grip switch
Endo adapter and Shockwave Brace
5x21 magpul mags

Oh and fits comfortably in a " Hippy" REI flash 18 or trail 20 daypack (everyone should have a flash 18 in the car, great misc daypack, takes up almost no room and around $20.00 when on sale)

DogDoc
01-19-2017, 07:52 AM
An XLR folder is handy for shortening things up as well. No pre-fight assembly required. :0)

Still not sure if it would fit in that particular bag.

Doc

apamburn
01-19-2017, 08:18 AM
This pic gives me happy stick envy. :-(

336Whiskey
01-19-2017, 08:31 AM
Is that FMJ ammo?

EDELWEISS
01-19-2017, 08:37 AM
I'm sorry you lost me, Why have the Shockwave off, if you have the Endo and tube separate? I get the idea for making a shorter package by removing the Endo and tube but why take the Brace off the tube Confused??? What am I missing?

Oh and what a GREAT idea to have an Inauguration Kit, I think after Friday we might call it a T/P kit or PP Kit as in TrumpProtester or PresidentProtester KIT since the reason for the need isn't potty broken yet

coastalcop
01-19-2017, 08:44 AM
Is that FMJ ammo?

One mag FMJ, remaining 4 spare are the same as whats in the pistol Speer GD Bonded 115 +p+ (which Ive persnoally had very good luck with) . Wanted one mag with possible greater penetration

coastalcop
01-19-2017, 08:47 AM
I'm sorry you lost me, Why have the Shockwave off, if you have the Endo and tube separate? I get the idea for making a shorter package by removing the Endo and tube but why take the Brace off the tube Confused??? What am I missing?

Oh and what a GREAT idea to have an Inauguration Kit, I think after Friday we might call it a T/P kit or PP Kit as in TrumpProtester or PresidentProtester KIT since the reason for the need isn't potty broken yet

The angles of the bag dont quite allow for closure with the shockwave on.. With the wave on the footprint is effectively rectangular (slightly to big to fit), separated it effectively becomes triangular and will fit the bag endo and tube at 45 angle and wave in void above tube) , closing easily. Hope that clears it up

LawDog
01-19-2017, 10:38 AM
If I were actually going to be near an area where I thought a protest might spring up, I would add the following items: an extra pair of gloves, a face mask ("neck gaiter"), good sunglasses, water bottle, food bar, some extra cash, TQ and bandages, 6' duct tape, 10' 22ga wire, 10' paracord, and some SureFire EP4 ear plugs. On guns, I think you are good. I wouldn't feel the need for a carbine, but I would want lots of pistol ammo. If you've got a silencer, take that too.

Rex G
01-19-2017, 11:56 AM
As I am going to be in the 4th largest cities in the United States for the next few days, and the general "unrest" predicted I decided to put together a small PDW kit to throw in my backpack. This does not replace the 19 on my person, but augments it. to fit in the pouch the shockwave is separated from the tube (not required but feels better given time to install) and the appropriate allen wrench taped to the buffer tube. Just an idea for a low profile easy to carry in your daypack option . In this format it is designed around a couple minute break in contact, while you are figuring out your next movement. (violent protests started, you moved into a corner of the starbucks, and are figuring out what you need to do to get to where you need to go). Does show the flexibility of the system

Pistol Glock 34 with RMR , Surefire light and grip switch
Endo adapter and Shockwave Brace
5x21 magpul mags

Oh and fits comfortably in a " Hippy" REI flash 18 or trail 20 daypack (everyone should have a flash 18 in the car, great misc daypack, takes up almost no room and around $20.00 when on sale)

Ground Zero for protests in Houston tends to be the intersection of Westheimer Road and Post Oak Boulevard. Opposing factions tend to gather on opposite sides of the street. Yes, this is the wealthy/trendy Galleria/Uptown area; that is why protestors like to gather there, for the attention. There is a 24-hour Starbucks right there. :happy:

I will PM you my mobile phone number and e-mail.

docholliday13
01-19-2017, 05:24 PM
How do you like that case Coastal? And thanks for the recommendation on the Flash 18 from a while back! (I believe it was you) That little bag works perfect for it's niche.

coastalcop
01-19-2017, 08:51 PM
How do you like that case Coastal? And thanks for the recommendation on the Flash 18 from a while back! (I believe it was you) That little bag works perfect for it's niche.

I'm a big proponent of the flash 18. Bought a bunch during a major sale ( like 15 bucks a bag). Kept 5 in various colors ( can go from basic black to LGBT purple depending on where I need to fit in) and keep one in the bottom of a trail 20 just in case someone needs to carry something ( NO, IM not carrying that for you, here ya go YOU carry it )

docholliday13
01-19-2017, 09:14 PM
Nice, I'm always taking it as a daypack on trips because you can stuff it anywhere without it taking up extra room

vandal
01-19-2017, 10:13 PM
I kind of want to know what the 22ga wire is for... or maybe I don't?

If I were actually going to be near an area where I thought a protest might spring up, I would add the following items: ... 10' 22ga wire....