PDA

View Full Version : THE REMINGTON 870 STAKEOUT

Gabriel Suarez
01-13-2017, 04:18 PM
Coming soon from Suarez International

Solothurn
01-13-2017, 04:52 PM
Yeah, I'm gonna hafta have one of those...

Brent Yamamoto
01-13-2017, 05:04 PM
I will have one of these.

H60DoorGunner
01-13-2017, 05:09 PM
Can you tap the receiver to mount an M1913 rail...and thusly and RMR? An RMR on a stocked shotgun is minimally helpful. But on a WITSEC? Fuc&in money...

Paper Shredder
01-13-2017, 05:56 PM
Love how clean it is. Looks clinical, nothing more and nothing less.

Pricing range and will it be AOW or fall within the 26"+ non NFA realm?

Clawalex
01-13-2017, 06:09 PM
Love how clean it is. Looks clinical, nothing more and nothing less.

Pricing range and will it be AOW or fall within the 26"+ non NFA realm?

Speaking of, how does that work on my paperwork omit an ffl.

Brent Yamamoto
01-13-2017, 06:38 PM
fall within the 26"+ non NFA realm?

Non NFA

Badger
01-13-2017, 06:38 PM
I will have one of these.

I'm beginning to get concerned I may have to get one too. I may carry it in a water bladder pouch on the back of my raid vest for cool points.

Mike O'Leary
01-13-2017, 06:49 PM
Looks great! I am definitely getting one of those.

Gabriel Suarez
01-13-2017, 07:11 PM
I am in process of getting ducks lined up as it were....before announcing actual and costs. The Shotgun pictures will be based on a PGO 870. We will either supply the weapon or receive a customer's PGO. Understand that we will only work on PGO shotguns as I will not be trudging through NFA waters. And really...I will bet I can get a PGO 870 for far less than you could so no point is searching those Dewey Crowe used gun sales. I can't stress enough that if there is any doubt this is a PGO from the factory we won't touch it for obvious reasons. Suffice to say that ours will be, thus no additional paperwork needed.

The furniture will have some additional work, such as texturing for greater purchase. This one does not show that. Barrel will have the SI Porting which we are finalizing now. Additional internal work and finish, either melonite or custom finish like our slides. Sighting system will be announced later...for each platform.

I am planning three packages, the Stakeout Shotgun being the first.

Gunfixr
01-13-2017, 08:12 PM
Nice.
Yeah, the Remington PGO is pricey, when you can find one.

Sent from my SGP612 using Tapatalk

Papa
01-13-2017, 08:25 PM
I'm in.

Gotta have something while I'm waiting for the 1301 PGO.

LawDog
01-13-2017, 08:59 PM
These could (depending on price) be a good starting point for an SBR build. Buy one of these, then file your Form 1 and use it as a Wit-Sec until the stamp comes back. Then install an Urbino stock. I say that, though, without any idea of what the price of a PGO 870 might be.

shtgnr
01-13-2017, 09:24 PM
I will take one.

Not to nit pick but......the forward sling plate is on the wrong side of the tube nut.

Dorkface
01-13-2017, 09:31 PM
Are the 18" PGO 870s going to hit the store again?

Mike Heckathorn
01-13-2017, 09:43 PM
Now everyone wishes they bought the PGO 870's we listed...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Papa
01-13-2017, 11:14 PM
Now everyone wishes they bought the PGO 870's we listed...

I turned around, and 5 shotguns magically disappeared.

Inner Light
01-13-2017, 11:19 PM
OOO shiney, that is gorgeous…. in a truly sinister and sadistic kind of way. :eyecrazy:

bassbones
01-14-2017, 02:11 AM
I like! But, how do you deal with the overly cautious FFL? Surely my guy will wet his pants when he see's this.

JB

EDELWEISS
01-14-2017, 02:34 AM
I like! But, how do you deal with the overly cautious FFL? Surely my guy will wet his pants when he see's this.

JB

Well you could start by finding an FFL that can read... The law is pretty clear, if your FFL will sell a AR or AK with a SIG Brace, this is nothing different. You could show him the BATFE letter OR you could ask Gabe to ship the complete receiver to your FFL and the barrel/grip to you for an Xtra fee.

This is nothing different than buying a AR receiver and assembling it as a pistol. If you buy a PGO shotgun, its NOT listed on the 4473 as a Long Gun, or a Handgun, its that third box called OTHER. If your dealer cant understand that, then its time to get another dealer-since he wont get you the good shite, and what good is a dealer that only sells aspirin...

Gabriel Suarez
01-14-2017, 08:38 AM

JB

It is an "OTHER". If your FFL is too stupid to know what that is, find another one that can read.

Ragsbo
01-14-2017, 06:15 PM
I got to play with one when I was at the Remington factory many years ago for armorer training= but didn't get to shoot it. Tried to slip it down my pants and walk out but got caught! We were told some swat team point man used it. Neat little package

Papa
01-14-2017, 06:21 PM
Waitin' to hear that other shoe drop.

EDELWEISS
01-15-2017, 02:41 AM
These could (depending on price) be a good starting point for an SBR build. Buy one of these, then file your Form 1 and use it as a Wit-Sec until the stamp comes back. Then install an Urbino stock. I say that, though, without any idea of what the price of a PGO 870 might be.

THIS! but Id add that if youre thinking about this route buy, TWO cuz youre gonna want to keep one as an OTHER.

Gabriel Suarez
01-15-2017, 08:08 AM
The more I work with the Stakeout the more I realize its qualities. It is a battle axe and there is nothing subtle about it. I think adding a stock to it would change its characteristics. Would that make it a more general purpose weapon...a more utilitarian shotgun? Yes it would, but then it would be a Stakeout Shotgun. I really see this as an entire weapon concept onto itself. The Glock PDW is in my POV a complete replacement of the various PCCs (Pistol Caliber Carbines...a term we coined here at WT and that has now been taken over by the masses). But the Stakeout 870 is not merely a stockless shotgun crying to get NFA'd.

Once America truly becomes free in a week and all of Mugabe's Executive Excesses get erased by President Trump, I may do a Stakeout with a stock...likely a Mesa with a Magpul retractable and not an Urbino...but that would be a separate weapon completely. Likely called the Entry Shotgun (Stakeout being the subject of discussion and Patrol Shotgun being the standard weapon).

Gabriel Suarez
01-15-2017, 08:12 AM
Waitin' to hear that other shoe drop.

Being untied. I am having the staff prepare five samples of these...one being the Stakeout. We will do everything to them including finishes, etc., before I drop that other danner on the deck. Reason? I need to have something for marketing photos as well as get final cost on everything so I can price things fairly.

Once that is done I will schedule a Suarez Shotgun class...likely in AZ where everyone is free, and we will go through three or four days of work with these weapons and you will get a chance to shoot the Suarez Guns. Everything possible including how to smash the living crap out of some one with these (Brent is working on some material here). We may even make up a school shirt...crossed battle axes or something.....

EDELWEISS
01-15-2017, 08:34 AM
Lemme be real clear, I have two OTHERS that I built from PGO guns and 4 full length 870s, plus an A5 and a bunch of SxS's, including a PGO Hammer gun ...and I cant wait for what Gabe's taking about. I just passed on a sweet giveaway deal for a 11/87 that I had thought about sorta cloning as a 7188 Full Auto (sadly in semi only); because the 11/87 would be a toy and I know what Gabe puts out will be a KILLING GUN.

Sure I have my thoughts on the idea, yes even a 20ga version, and a folding stock (maybe one that doesnt exist yet). Ive considered a SBS'd OTHER (Stakeout). I see lots of merits; but just like I said to LawDog, If I do that it wont be my only OTHER, they are just to cool not to have one you can use to travel

H60DoorGunner
01-15-2017, 08:38 AM
Lemme be real clear, I have two OTHERS that I built from PGO guns and 4 full length 870s, plus an A5 and a bunch of SxS's, including a PGO Hammer gun ...and I cant wait for what Gabe's taking about. I just passed on a sweet giveaway deal for a 11/87 that I had thought about sorta cloning as a 7188 Full Auto (sadly in semi only); because the 11/87 would be a toy and I know what Gabe puts out will be a KILLING GUN.

Sure I have my thoughts on the idea, yes even a 20ga version, and a folding stock (maybe one that doesnt exist yet). Ive considered a SBS'd OTHER (Stakeout). I see lots of merits; but just like I said to LawDog, If I do that it wont be my only OTHER, they are just to cool not to have one you can use to travel

Not to hijack the thread...

But a PG SxS 20ga, cut off at the end of the forcing cones, would be a devastating....and pretty fuc&in cool. Less of a battle axe, and more of a tomahawk.

Gabriel Suarez
01-15-2017, 08:40 AM
Remember, to fit in the genre legally, it must have come from the factory WITHOUT A BUTTSTOCK

Jon Payne
01-15-2017, 08:45 AM
Being untied. I am having the staff prepare five samples of these...one being the Stakeout. We will do everything to them including finishes, etc., before I drop that other danner on the deck. Reason? I need to have something for marketing photos as well as get final cost on everything so I can price things fairly.

Once that is done I will schedule a Suarez Shotgun class...likely in AZ where everyone is free, and we will go through three or four days of work with these weapons and you will get a chance to shoot the Suarez Guns. Everything possible including how to smash the living crap out of some one with these (Brent is working on some material here). We may even make up a school shirt...crossed battle axes or something.....

Good to see you have plans for that extra week of vacation I earned this year. Looking forward to this big time.

Mervo
01-15-2017, 09:26 PM

Sounds amazing.

Might have to make the drive... again.

Brent Yamamoto
01-15-2017, 10:42 PM
:firedevil:

Duck52
01-20-2017, 01:24 PM
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> I have been following the treads about the 870 Stakeout with great interest. I started the process of putting together my own 870 Stake out a couple of months ago and am waiting to see what tweaks Gabe develops. Mine started as a new Remington 870 PGO and I added a Shockwave grip, Remington 14” barrel, Scattergun Tech +1 magazine extension. It looks like the picture in Gabe’s first post.

I also added the following:
Brownells metal magazine follower;
Non-MIM extractor;
Remington 1100 carrier spring.

I have found these to greatly improve reliability in Remington’s Express models.
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} </style> <![endif]-->

45Smashemflat
01-21-2017, 12:53 PM
Gabe, Shockwave has the front grip with the hand strap, and I think I saw an earlier photo of yours with same. In the beauty shot above, seems the front sling attachment may serve the same purpose of keeping your front hand behind the muzzle. Not asking for you to give anything away, but have you determined this is the better course of action? I'm thinking of going Mag Pul fore end.

Randy Harris
01-21-2017, 01:40 PM
I will take one.

Not to nit pick but......the forward sling plate is on the wrong side of the tube nut.

No, it is made that way. It is 1 piece with the sling plate permanently attached in front of the nut. It is not one of the 2 piece where the sling attachment goes on and then the nut screws in to hold it in place.

45Smashemflat
01-22-2017, 02:36 PM
Will the one-shot mag extensions be available in the store?

shtgnr
01-22-2017, 08:28 PM
No, it is made that way. It is 1 piece with the sling plate permanently attached in front of the nut. It is not one of the 2 piece where the sling attachment goes on and then the nut screws in to hold it in place.

Well damn, I stand corrected. I didn't know there was such an item.

khadga
01-23-2017, 12:31 AM
Can you tap the receiver to mount an M1913 rail...and thusly and RMR? An RMR on a stocked shotgun is minimally helpful. But on a WITSEC? Fuc&in money...

I would've thought the opposite, witsec more of a CQB specialist less need for an optic?

Greg Nichols
01-23-2017, 01:41 PM
I would've thought the opposite, witsec more of a CQB specialist less need for an optic?

Again I still need to put some time in but I think the ADP aspect of a micro RDS might stretch it's legs a little bit.

Gabriel Suarez
01-23-2017, 02:43 PM
I think the "This is just for...." mindset kills more innovation than eight years of a communist president. So I don't ask "what is this for".

If I asked that we would all still be shooting 1911s from Weaver Stances and arguing about flash sight pictures and hammers while working on the angle of our feet in a weaver. Instead I ask, "What could we do with this?" And that has brought all these WT/Suarez innovations from the Pekiti-Take off to the Red Dot Glock. Things which are extremely edgy and excoriated by the main stream gun culture (not all MSGCs are Elmer Fudds...some are bearded guys whose race is imperceptible due to the amount of ink) and yet later copied with zero attribution.

So let us let go of the notion about what the platform is traditionally for, and how it is used and consider what is possible without limits. And ten years from now...if I haven't gone on the flaming viking ship ride, we will recall the days when we first began looking at this now mainstream weapon in the hands of every neckbeard in Recoil Magazine.

Brent Yamamoto
01-23-2017, 03:05 PM
I think the "This is just for...." mindset kills more innovation than eight years of a communist president. So I don't ask "what is this for".

Possibilities are a lot more interesting than limitations!

Gabriel Suarez
01-23-2017, 03:08 PM

That should be our team motto....in latin.

Ted Demosthenes
01-23-2017, 03:11 PM

"One has to know their possibilities"... might have been a line in a Dirty Harry flic.

I leave you with the lowly straight-bladed 8" screwdriver...

Brent Yamamoto
01-23-2017, 03:14 PM
That should be our team motto....in latin.

From Google. Not sure if this is correct, someone who knows please comment!

Inspector539
01-23-2017, 06:29 PM
It WAS used in the second Dirty Harry flic,Magnum Force. However,Inspector Callahan used the word "limitations" instead of "possibilities".

Scott
01-25-2017, 03:17 AM
Again I still need to put some time in but I think the ADP aspect of a micro RDS might stretch it's legs a little bit.

ADP aspect?

Greg Nichols
01-25-2017, 01:12 PM
ADP aspect?

Asymmetric Dot Positioning. No matter where the dot is on the screen, the dot is where the round impacts. Without a shoulder mount on this weapon system the dot can give quick verification either for more distance or more precision (within the boundaries of the platform of course) over iron sights.