PDA

View Full Version : POLL: FINISH

Gabriel Suarez
12-24-2016, 09:11 AM
What will the finish be?

shtgnr
12-24-2016, 09:51 AM
O.D. Please. I have a new 870 and cannot wait to have the "Suarez treatment".

HillCitySheepdog
12-24-2016, 10:13 AM
Second the OD.

EDELWEISS
12-24-2016, 10:30 AM
IF we only get one choice, I guess I have to say grey; but Im hoping for colour options in the future (even if it means a delay while the gun "goes to the paint shop"....

Gabriel Suarez
12-24-2016, 10:34 AM
I cannot do OD or FDE in anything other than Cerakote and cerakote is a pretty weak finish. It will not last well. If we do this, customers will have to understand that it will in fact wear.

Brent Yamamoto
12-24-2016, 11:00 AM
The Grey is excellent and wears much better than ceracote

Johnny C!
12-24-2016, 11:05 AM
I like my guns a little on the worn side.

Merry Christmas.

John

Mervo
12-24-2016, 11:16 AM
I cannot do OD or FDE in anything other than Cerakote and cerakote is a pretty weak finish. It will not last well. If we do this, customers will have to understand that it will in fact wear.

FDE.

No problem on wear, it's a tool not a precious antique. People should understand this or take up knitting.

Glock45
12-24-2016, 11:41 AM
Will the finish be on the entirety of the gun or just external? If it's just external I'd prefer gray, but if it's for the moving parts as well I'd want whatever is the slickest.

JVSIII
12-24-2016, 11:47 AM
Melonite. If you want FDE or whatever, paint over it. Aqua Terra would be great as well but would anyone pay for it?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

HillCitySheepdog
12-24-2016, 11:59 AM

Then Grey. I want a durable finish.

azDevilsFan
12-24-2016, 12:11 PM
FDE.

No problem on wear, it's a tool not a precious antique.People should understand this or take up knitting.:laugh::laugh:

A shot gun or rifle is not a pistol slide that is truly "worst case" for wear. Nothing on a shotgun (or rifle) is comparable to the leading corners of a pistol slide against a Kydex holster for thousands (AAYTWV) reps for wear.

I'd say if you like a color or camo scheme then I'd not avoid the more flexible colors available with a sprayed on coating over a plated/Vapor deposition finish on something like a rifle or shotgun.
This does NOT mean the water applied hydro dipped finishes that are like digital picture decals applied to a metallic firearms surface. Worthless at the very best.

Gabriel Suarez
12-24-2016, 12:17 PM
FDE.

No problem on wear, it's a tool not a precious antique. People should understand this or take up knitting.

Well....yes and no. If I am going to produce a product I do not want it looking like it just came out of an elephant's arse a year later.

"Hey...where did you get that piece of shit?"

"Oh...its a Suarez 870".

Few katanas looked like that. All things with my name om them will be excellent as well as excellent looking, or i won't sell them.

HillCitySheepdog
12-24-2016, 12:58 PM
Well....yes and no. If I am going to produce a product I do not want it looking like it just came out of an elephant's arse a year later.

"Hey...where did you get that piece of shit?"

"Oh...its a Suarez 870".

Few katanas looked like that. All things with my name om them will be excellent as well as excellent looking, or i won't sell them.

I saw that first hand on my V3 slide. Went with the FDE and it didn't last 3 months before the finish started to wear off.

Dorkface
12-24-2016, 01:32 PM
I would want a durable base coat that will last. From there I can do my own camo thing with krylon depending on my mood, where I am, what I want or whatever.

Brent Yamamoto
12-24-2016, 01:45 PM
I would want a durable base coat that will last. From there I can do my own camo thing with krylon depending on my mood, where I am, what I want or whatever.

This.

Mike O'Leary
12-24-2016, 02:39 PM

Same for me.

Ted Demosthenes
12-24-2016, 02:41 PM
Shades of Gray, as in wicked. Works as finish or base coat that works with almost any other color. Satin-ish preferred.

EEE
12-25-2016, 08:33 AM
Grey

Vigilant
12-25-2016, 11:08 AM
I'm in the OD camp as well, but if it's not doable, any durable base coat, and I'll Rust-o-Leum it to my preferred shade!

Jon Payne
12-25-2016, 11:14 AM
Bead blast and AT, but then I am on the Third Coast...