PDA

View Full Version : POLL: SIGHTING SYSTEMS

Gabriel Suarez
12-24-2016, 09:04 AM
NARROWING IT DOWN - SIGHTING SYSTEMS

EDELWEISS
12-24-2016, 11:46 AM
Im a huge fan of a really large WHITE bead; but thats kinda old school. Im up for a tritium front post and rear ghost ring. Its probably not gonna be popular but Id pay extra for a narrow tapering white line from the receiver to the front sight. It may sound silly but it works as a "aiming" tool when the gun isnt shouldered, (I have it on one of my short PGO "Others").

JVSIII
12-24-2016, 12:03 PM
Tritium/bead front. Blade rear.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Hasher
12-24-2016, 03:51 PM
Tritium front/ghost ring rear.

I have found the Scattergun Tech units to be the best in breed.

Badger
12-24-2016, 05:33 PM
Scattergun Tech ghost rings without a doubt.

45Smashemflat
12-24-2016, 08:33 PM
I'm not shooting slugs, or pushing extreme range with my current set up. As such, I find the tritium big dot the way to go. If I was going to put a rear sight on a shotgun, it would be a wide aperture ghost ring.

Gabriel Suarez
12-24-2016, 09:15 PM
Am I the only person in the world who hates ghost ring/ aperture sights? If they weren't the only option I wouldn't even have them on my AR's. Rifle sights or just a dot for me.

And yet if one looks at the Poll...most disagree with you. I prefer rifle sights but have learned to use them all.

JVSIII
12-24-2016, 09:40 PM
Am I the only person in the world who hates ghost ring/ aperture sights? If they weren't the only option I wouldn't even have them on my AR's. Rifle sights or just a dot for me.
Nope, I'm with you. I wonder how many of the guys that love them have given the rifle type sights an honest try. I'm sure some have and prefer the ghost rings but I find them too intrusive. I'm sure some might be the guns, but with the rifle sights, I can shoot about 4" groups at 50, with ghost rings best I've ever done is about 6". That's all using a post for support. I don't do slugs off a bench unless I really have to[emoji4]

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Hasher
12-24-2016, 10:30 PM
I have actually tried all the options and for me I am as fast with the ghost rings as with a bead and as accurate with rum as with regular rifle sights.

45Smashemflat
12-25-2016, 05:30 AM
I find ghost rings better for old man eyes :)

Gabriel Suarez
12-25-2016, 06:49 AM
Well...the idea is to have a few choices so the buyer can configure it within reason. As I said...I like rifle sights as well...the Tritium set by Trijicon is best...and who knows...we may do our own at some point.

I will say as well that I think regardless of the sights, all shotguns will benefit from a red dot.

darkharvestmoon
12-25-2016, 06:49 AM
If this is for the Suarez shotgun, then I would go with the same setup as what is on the Beretta 1301. Ghost ring with a rail section and a blade type front sight.

Johnny C!
12-25-2016, 10:08 AM
I have a rifle sighted smooth bore
slug barrel on my old 870 & fiber
optics on my 1100. I have another
express to build up.

I have never felt comfortable with
a bead. Rifle sights have always
felt right for me.

John

basko
12-26-2016, 06:51 PM
While I don't like XS sights on any other platform. I like them on the shotgun. and I have shotguns with bead on barrel, bead on ramp, rifle sights, ghost rings etc. personal preference. If XS aren't an option, then ghost rings would be my choice. fwiw.