PDA

View Full Version : Choirboy Series Usage

arvind
12-14-2016, 05:38 PM
I agree with Brent on having a separate discussion thread on the Choirboy series usage. If a direct punch is not recommended then what is the best way to use a device like the Choirboy, Altarboy or the Confessor? Would you use a hammerfist or similar punch?

WinstonSmith
12-14-2016, 09:03 PM
Make 'em eat it.

MesserMan
12-15-2016, 09:47 AM
Someone on here did a video where they showcased the choirboy a bit.

I think he showed using it sort of like a "whipping" punch (kind of like what Systema teaches) and using the point to inflict cuts and gouges along with the impact.

Greg Nichols
12-15-2016, 10:07 AM
I believe Chambers did that Video. I prefer to have about 8" of para-cord between my keys and the CB so I can use it like a sap/flail

Additionally, with the CB in one hand and a fist full of keys in the other it makes a pretty effective choking device.

MesserMan
12-15-2016, 10:44 AM
I... need to experiement with that idea now. To the lab...

Dorkface
12-15-2016, 11:04 AM
I believe Chambers did that Video. I prefer to have about 8" of para-cord between my keys and the CB so I can use it like a sap/flail

Additionally, with the CB in one hand and a fist full of keys in the other it makes a pretty effective choking device.

Yeah this thread sounds familiar...

Brent Yamamoto
12-15-2016, 11:53 AM
More to say on this but time is short today.

I recommend using the Choir Boy like a swat from a bear, rather than using it like a punch.

The other place where the Choir Boy shines is digging into bad guys that are clinching or holding you down. Grinding it against painful spots will make people move.

We will cover some of this in Pistol Ground Fighting.

John McCreery
12-15-2016, 01:18 PM
I have been playing with it in a hammer fist. Think of something similar to a choke but, used the pointed end against the neck, the collar bone or any area close in a pressure point. Could just use it in the hammer fist strike and strike just about anywhere with the point. Even against a grab, hammer fist down onto a forearm or bicep. Think of some of the knife techniques and the angles of attack against someone's arm coming in. Striking the back of a hand to break a hear hug. Ohhhh, the possibilities.