PDA

View Full Version : SUAREZ VIDEO: GLOCK PDW CONCEPT AND EXECUTION

Gabriel Suarez
09-21-2016, 11:47 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbXo540lIME

Scottman
09-21-2016, 08:41 PM
Very Nice!

will there be updated products int eh PDW seciton on one source?

Thinking of taking the 9" 9 x25 dillon along deer hunting

Patrick K
09-21-2016, 09:23 PM
I like this...and yet another reason to beat feet out of NJ.

EDELWEISS
09-22-2016, 04:19 AM
Gabe now that its SBRd, will you stick with the Shockwave brace or move to other buttstocks?

Hammer27
09-22-2016, 04:58 AM
Gabe now that its SBRd, will you stick with the Shockwave brace or move to other buttstocks?

Another curious.

Gerald Bailey
09-22-2016, 06:07 AM
I think this concept holds allot of water, especially here in South Africa where semi auto rifles are expensive to shoot and get license for. Only one question why no short vertical grip?

ber950
09-22-2016, 06:22 AM
Its absolutely beautiful. One question. If your are going to use this as a SBR/PDW (Take down bag gun) and not run it as a standard pistol wouldn't you be better off with a frame mounted optic? Of course if you want the ability to return it to pistol form and wear it you would need the slide mounted optic.

Brent Yamamoto
09-22-2016, 06:30 AM
VFGs are illegal on pistols in the states.

Even if that were not the case I would not go that route. I don't believe the frame is stiff enough to support that without throwing off accuracy. And we want to keep this thing as minimal as possible, light and fast. Yes it's effectively a short carbine but your hands treat it like a pistol.

The system works quite well using a normal grip on the pistol. It's very natural once you get your hands on it. I have shown the system to several people and they all get it immediately once it's in their hands.

Brent Yamamoto
09-22-2016, 06:34 AM
One question. If your are going to use this as a SBR/PDW (Take down bag gun) and not run it as a standard pistol wouldn't you be better off with a frame mounted optic? Of course if you want the ability to return it to pistol form and wear it you would need the slide mounted optic.

The optic belongs on the slide. Less bulk, less drama, trim as possible. And yes you have the option to run the pistol by itself with the red dot if you want to.

Gerald Bailey
09-22-2016, 06:34 AM
will have to play with it in November when there

Gabriel Suarez
09-22-2016, 06:53 AM

I find the Shockwave to be perfect for this so no, I won't be changing anything at all.

Hammer27
09-22-2016, 09:36 AM
Only one question why no short vertical grip?

You'd also have to get an adapter as the Glock frame is not a picatinny rail.

Yondering
09-22-2016, 10:24 AM
You'd also have to get an adapter as the Glock frame is not a picatinny rail.

It's close enough that at least some vfg units do fit anyway.

Brent, you are correct about pistols, but foregrips are allowed on an SBR. I agree about the frame being too flexible though; it certainly wasn't designed for a foregrip, and on the one I got to try, it was easy to bind up the slide with a little pressure the wrong way.

Gabriel Suarez
09-22-2016, 10:28 AM
This is also not the sort of platform to be adding weight and unnecessary accessories. Get carried away and you end up with some stupid Israeli Glock Burrito that weighs more than an UZI.

Brent Yamamoto
09-22-2016, 10:43 AM
Simple, clean, elegant.

Echo17
09-22-2016, 10:44 AM
I am looking at picking up a G17 sized frame to do this with, but do you guys know of any "non-ghetto" ways to achieve the same setup with a G19?

I have an SI G19 as my EDC as does my Dad, and it would be great to have the same options, as the G19 is not exactly an obscure platform.

Anything in the works Gabe?

Brent Yamamoto
09-22-2016, 10:49 AM
Easy to drill the Endo unit for a gen 3 g19. Search the PDW forum there are pics that both Yondering and I have posted.

baker
09-22-2016, 11:04 AM
Did you need to engrave the receiver for SBR status, and if so, where did you engrave it?

Gabriel Suarez
09-22-2016, 02:07 PM
Did you need to engrave the receiver for SBR status, and if so, where did you engrave it?

Yes...on the frame

Fjordforder
09-22-2016, 02:20 PM
Very, very impressive rig, boss. I`ve been following this concept since I first saw it here. IMHO The Endo-Glock one of those "Ideal" arms, it`s elegant, tough, light and handy. Would make a fantastic arm for dealing with trespassers like I`ve been. Doesn`t have the visual aid of "There`s a guy with an AK/AR following me! I should leave now!" but on the other hand I suspect it`s much lighter than an AK/AR with lighter, smaller mags and as was mentioned in the vid, the same manual of arms. I really should put together something like that. What a no-brainer.

Gabriel Suarez
09-22-2016, 05:34 PM
So my POV is simple. Armor is very commonplace. If you were going to do a direct action, you'd wear it. You either defeat or bypass cover and armor. Defeating modern armor is not easy. And indoors it has a price. I prefer bypassing armor and since a face shot is the solution, I can do that just as effectively with a 9mm as with a 30-06. Add the can and it is very quiet. And I get 33 turns to bypass that armor too....without waking the neighbors.

Johnny C!
09-22-2016, 05:52 PM
I am currently invested in Gen 4's.

What would it take to make these
fit the Gen 4's?

Thanks!

John

Dark One
09-22-2016, 06:15 PM
There are a couple of members who dremeled/filed the Endo to fit gen 4's. Can do the same thing to make it fit the G19 as well.

Johnny C!
09-22-2016, 06:54 PM
Thanks!

John

There are a couple of members who dremeled/filed the Endo to fit gen 4's. Can do the same thing to make it fit the G19 as well.

Gabriel Suarez
09-22-2016, 07:12 PM
I am currently invested in Gen 4's.

What would it take to make these
fit the Gen 4's?

Thanks!

John

Dunno man. Call Endo and ask them.

Yondering
09-22-2016, 07:50 PM
Guys, it's not like this is the first, or even the fifth time this has come up. There were even pics in one of the active threads today: http://www.warriortalk.com/showthread.php?131239-Glock-PDW-6-in-barrel/page2

Johnny C!
09-23-2016, 05:21 AM
I saw that thread the other day,
but I couldn't remember what
website it was on to review it.

Thanks!

John

Guys, it's not like this is the first, or even the fifth time this has come up. There were even pics in one of the active threads today: http://www.warriortalk.com/showthread.php?131239-Glock-PDW-6-in-barrel/page2

Scottman
09-23-2016, 04:19 PM
I'd love to see some accuracy testing at 100 yards with different ammo!!

Gabriel Suarez
09-23-2016, 06:05 PM
I'd love to see some accuracy testing at 100 yards with different ammo!!

Send the ammo...we will shoot it.

Scottman
09-24-2016, 04:09 AM
:veryhappy: You've given insight to your bed side gun load! IT would be interesting to see what loads you choose when the PDW is out and about!

kind of at that point myself trying to figure out what loads will still expand at what distance and not go FMJ and not expand.......

Good work!

jlwilliams
09-24-2016, 12:52 PM

A friend of mine has one with a collapsible m4 stock that I have handled (but not shot.) The extended positions are kind of cool, but I don't think you gain a heck of a lot of use for the added bulk.

Scottman
10-15-2016, 01:56 PM
good intel

Johnny C!
03-05-2017, 04:49 PM
I have been eyeing the kit since I found
WT & SI. I bought a 17.4 complete frame
to go under my barrel & slide left over
from my RMR conversion of my first 17.4,
so I have an extra one lying around.

I am going to order another L mount because
they are easy, affordable & they work.

And lastly, an XLR folder.

That will be a good start for my PDW.

John

Mike Heckathorn
03-05-2017, 05:17 PM
I have been eyeing the kit since I found
WT & SI. I bought a 17.4 complete frame
to go under my barrel & slide left over
from my RMR conversion of my first 17.4,
so I have an extra one lying around.

I am going to order another L mount because
they are easy, affordable & they work.

And lastly, an XLR folder.

That will be a good start for my PDW.

John

You will need to modify the Endo to work on a Gen4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnny C!
03-05-2017, 05:35 PM
Yes. I understand that.

Thanks!

John

You will need to modify the Endo to work on a Gen4

Mike Heckathorn
03-05-2017, 05:56 PM
Yes. I understand that.

Thanks!

John

Awesome!

EXPATGUY
10-20-2018, 12:39 PM
VFGs are illegal on pistols in the states.

Not true.

Many LEGAL Pistols with Vertical Fore Grips are Registered as AOW. You only need to pay a $5.00 tax.

EDELWEISS
10-23-2018, 04:48 PM
Not true.

Many LEGAL Pistols with Vertical Fore Grips are Registered as AOW. You only need to pay a $5.00 tax.

I think you may be missing the point. First its not a case of only needing to pay a $5.00 tax. Second even if it were that easy, turning a Glock PDW into an NFA weapon is counterproductive to the concept. Having a Non-NFA weapon means its easy to travel with and leaves minimal "paper trail" when doing so. I could go on but Im hoping youre getting the point, adding a pistol grip and thus turning it into a NFA item isn't worth any possible pluses

Brent Yamamoto
10-23-2018, 04:54 PM
Also, I think the $5 tax stamp is for an existing AOW.

Creating an AOW is still $200.

I could be wrong on that but I don’t think so.

EDELWEISS
10-23-2018, 05:17 PM
Also, I think the $5 tax stamp is for an existing AOW.

Creating an AOW is still $200..

EXACTLY

coastalcop
10-24-2018, 05:26 AM
VFG tax

Angled foregrip no Tax

Placing either on the unsupported plastic of a light mount area on the glock.... worthless and malfunction inducting.

using any of the adapters Roni, etc, tested and without purpose

If you stray from the Glock PDW to the Sig 320 the B&T chassis shows a fair amount of promise (im still working on a small brace adapter for this setup, but you lose the mag capacity and availability of the Glock platform

Nanuk
01-31-2019, 06:16 PM
Does anyone know if the Endo will work with a Grip Force adapter?

Brent Yamamoto
01-31-2019, 06:21 PM

Probably requires some modification to the Endo.

Nanuk
01-31-2019, 06:35 PM
Probably requires some modification to the Endo.

Ok, Thanks. I would probably just pop it off then and leave the PDW kit on my extra G22.

Johnny C!
01-31-2019, 07:11 PM

I modded the GFA beaver tail to accept the Endo.
It works good enough, but you lose some of the
meat protection. I have 2 17's so I have one
modded for the PDW kit & the other one is
my primary so I left that beaver tail intact.

Edit to add. I used a worn out drum sander
on a Dremel so as to not take off too much
material to get to the general shape. I
finished "poilishing" with a real fine piece
of emory cloth.

Nanuk
01-31-2019, 07:55 PM
I modded the GFA beaver tail to accept the Endo.
It works good enough, but you lose some of the
meat protection. I have 2 17's so I have one
modded for the PDW kit & the other one is
my primary so I left that beaver tail intact.

:cool1: