PDA

View Full Version : IMHO...THIS MAKES SEMI AUTO EVO, MPX, AND MP5 OBSOLETE.

Gabriel Suarez
09-08-2016, 02:11 PM

The addition of an Omega 9K completes the package.

Brent Yamamoto
09-08-2016, 03:00 PM
The Omega 9k is a sweet little can. I was on a waiting list for one but sadly missed the window. Perfect for the PDW.

Badger
09-08-2016, 03:06 PM
Gabe, I'd be interested in seeing how the can/sights looks through the RMR if you have time.

Gabriel Suarez
09-08-2016, 03:09 PM
Sights are useless for the most part as the can is thick and short. The red dot however makes the package work.

searcher 45
09-08-2016, 03:15 PM
Has anyone built one of these on a Glock 40s&w?

If so how do they run compared to 9mm?

Gabriel Suarez
09-08-2016, 03:53 PM

Gabriel Suarez
09-08-2016, 03:54 PM

Dark One
09-08-2016, 04:26 PM
Gabe,
Did your stamp come back yet? I'm hoping any day for the three I sent in May via E-file. What sling are you using?

DogDoc
09-08-2016, 05:01 PM
Has anyone built one of these on a Glock 40s&w?

If so how do they run compared to 9mm?

I have a 40 as well as a 45. I think the PDW negates the primary reason for limiting ourselves to 9mm...that being recoil and follow up shots. The 40 and 45 are great in the PDW. My house PDW is a G21 with a can and a Kriss mag.

Doc

Gabriel Suarez
09-08-2016, 05:07 PM
the primary reason for limiting ourselves to 9mm...that being recoil and follow up shots.

Ammmmm. That is not MY primary reason. The world uses 9mm, just like the world uses Glocks and M4 rifles. Proliferation of a weapon, and a caliber are some primary reasons. Moreover, the PDW using the same magazines and ammo as your CCW is an important aspect. If you carry a 40 or 45, fine...but if you carry a 9mm, a PDW in a different caliber defeats the purpose.. Moreover, with modern anti-personnel ammo, I don't see much of an advantage of 40 and 45. In fact, the only other caliber I might select...and that for special applications would be a 357 SIG.

Inner Light
09-08-2016, 05:46 PM
Cannot argue with anything Gabe mentioned above, well said.

canonsix
09-08-2016, 05:49 PM
With the can ,am I to believe you are using subsonic ammo in the 9mm????? Thanks Doug

H60DoorGunner
09-08-2016, 05:49 PM
The only advantage I could possibly imagine that an MP5 or MPX has over the pistol PDW would be velocity. But inside the useful range of pistol calibers, I couldn't see it making much of a difference.

Brent Yamamoto
09-08-2016, 06:30 PM
My thoughts echo Gabe's on caliber choice. That's also why mine is a 357 sig.

All that said, if a guy shoots a full size Gen 3 Glock, of any caliber, it's worth the $100 in the OST store just to buy the package and try the concept on your gun. Even if you don't dedicate the unit to that gun you have the option to attach it when you want. It's a lot of capability for a very low price.

RayMich
09-08-2016, 11:54 PM
Please, someone school me...

How does the added shoulder stock NOT make this pistol an SBR in the eyes of the ATF?

Thank you.

maxcarp
09-08-2016, 11:59 PM
It is NOT a shoulder stock,nor is it meant to be used as one. It is an arm brace.

Dark One
09-09-2016, 05:41 AM
Get a stamp. Do what you want with it.

Gabriel Suarez
09-09-2016, 08:00 AM

How does the added shoulder stock NOT make this pistol an SBR in the eyes of the ATF?

Thank you.

Well...to avoid artrhritis in my fingers...search this subforum.

Rex G
09-09-2016, 08:22 AM
Well...to avoid artrhritis in my fingers...search this subforum.

This, except that in my specific case, my thumb and wrist are arthritic, while my fingers are still healthy, for the moment. The big-bore Magnum revolver rounds I fired in the Eighties, cumulatively, have not been kind to me in the long term.

DogDoc
09-09-2016, 08:33 AM
Ammmmm. That is not MY primary reason. The world uses 9mm, just like the world uses Glocks and M4 rifles. Proliferation of a weapon, and a caliber are some primary reasons. Moreover, the PDW using the same magazines and ammo as your CCW is an important aspect. If you carry a 40 or 45, fine...but if you carry a 9mm, a PDW in a different caliber defeats the purpose.. Moreover, with modern anti-personnel ammo, I don't see much of an advantage of 40 and 45. In fact, the only other caliber I might select...and that for special applications would be a 357 SIG.

I guess I wasn't clear about what I was trying to express.

I'm not suggesting that the PDW should make us all re-think our ccw caliber choices. I agree that 9mm is the sweet spot for availability, capacity, capability and ease of use in a handgun caliber.
I also wasn't suggesting that anyone should carry a PDW in a caliber different than the one on one's hip. That'd be dumb.

What I was saying is that the PDW has, for me at least, made some of the other calibers much more attractive for special use purposes. I never had any interest in a 40, .357 or 10mm handgun. I just never thought they added enough ballistic benefit to outweigh how obnoxious they are to shoot, let alone ammo expense, availability etc... With the PDW they aren't obnoxious at all so I've picked a few up.

I have larger caliber pistols for the same reason you carry a 300 BLK in the weeds instead of a 5.56...Critters. .45, .40 10mm and maybe .357 SIG would all be better choices for critters than 9mm. They are special use cartridges that the PDW makes even more attractive.

I do have a .45 PDW set up with a can, Kriss mags and light for my HD gun but I would be just as happy with a 9m set up. I just happen to have the 45 set up that way at the moment. If I leave home and want a serious load out, it's a 9mm PDW in the bag and a 9mm on my belt. If I'm in the woods n' weeds, it's back to heavier, more penetrating calibers.

Doc

GemJedi
09-09-2016, 10:46 AM

Thank you.

I took my new PDW to the range, shooting arm extended, while wrapping my weak hand under the shooting forearm and gripping the Endo with my thumb, thereby locking the Endo and brace to my shooting forearm. It offered much better stability than two handed shooting without the brace.

WinstonSmith
09-09-2016, 12:20 PM

And the Glock is not only way more modern, but probably 1/2 or 1/3 the weight of the Uzi.

searcher 45
09-09-2016, 12:36 PM
Dream PDW, remember just a concept PDW.

Take a Ruger 10/22 Charger brake down type for size of pistol maybe shorten barrel to say 6 or 8in.

Now forget Ruger (unless they read this and decide that this just might work and be a seller for them) other than the size of pistol, now engineer action or vastly improve new action using Glock 9mm mags with Glock level dependability.

Add quick detach or side folding thin light weight but strong brace, add a CAN of choice comes with threaded barrel or no CAN at all, also add a RMR type sight, and maybe some type of front assist grip.

With out the CAN it would brake into 2 or 3 parts depending on brace mount used of about 10ins. long or less each, and it could be resembled in near no time from small carry bag etc.

Discrete- no part more than 10ins long, fast to reassemble-no tools needed and simple to work with even in the dark with practice, ultra dependable, accurate out to effective range of caliber, and very light weight for fire power obtained.

RayMich
09-09-2016, 04:26 PM
It is NOT a shoulder stock,nor is it meant to be used as one. It is an arm brace.

Thank you.

Scottman
09-17-2016, 03:52 PM
I like the 10mm and 9 x 25 DILLON PDW's. haven't put a 460 rowland one together yet.

Gabriel Suarez
09-17-2016, 04:38 PM
Stamp in hand. Industry disrupting video to follow. MP5 mongers and CZ Evo will undoubtedly put out a fatwah against me for obscolesing their products.

Dark One
09-17-2016, 06:04 PM
Sweet! I'm chomping at the bit for my stamps to get here!! Can't wait for the video!

canonsix
09-17-2016, 07:27 PM
Outstanding looking forward to the video.Am I correct,you applied in Jan of this year???? Doug