PDA

View Full Version : EOTECH MINI RED DOT SIGHT

gmorgan
09-08-2016, 06:59 AM
If we have anyone on the forum that has owned or otherwise used a EOTECH MINI RED DOT SIGHT, what is the general opinion of the EOTECH sight and it's use on a G-17 set up as a PDW ?

Gabriel Suarez
09-08-2016, 07:35 AM
The foot print is too long and the height is too tall. A great little sight, but not compatible for pistol use.

USMC1302Colt
10-01-2016, 02:29 PM
I have an Insight branded MRDS ( Eotech's parent company). I tried mounting it to a Glock 19 MOS, but as Gabe said it's too long. The power button is on the rear of the sight and there was no room to actuate it against the rear suppressor height sight. I like using the sight on carbines, it works great for that and has given me years of service spending most of it's time on an Arsenal SLR-107 (Ultimak mounted).

Right now I have it on an Uzi Pro SB, another good billet for it to hold. I put an RMR RM-06 on the Glock.

EDELWEISS
10-01-2016, 03:45 PM
How'bout on a mini rifle? Ive run a RMR on a AR Pistol in a Carbine class. It suffered on the 300 yard targets (well we suffered); but it really shines when size matters. I'm wondering about a RDS for a short range hunting rifle.

Ansbach
10-03-2016, 07:50 PM
I'm wondering about a RDS for a short range hunting rifle.

In effect it would be a fixed 1-power Accupoint, yes? It may be better than the common non-illuminated duplex depending on the range, target and lighting. I would want some magnification for hunting my most local hog herd because even in decent light they kinda blend into a mass when 120 yards away (they are uniformly dark colored). Magnification makes choosing a target easier while they weaver through brush.