PDA

View Full Version : My New Truck Gun

GemJedi
08-16-2016, 05:08 PM
I finally got and assembled all the pieces for my PDW.

longbow1
08-16-2016, 05:21 PM
Very nice!

steve_k
08-16-2016, 05:53 PM
Slick!

Brent Yamamoto
08-16-2016, 05:56 PM
Excellent. Nice job.

Timely post. I'm working on a new low profile PDW set up that shares similar ideas here.

Dorkface
08-16-2016, 07:15 PM
Hopefully this makes up for the man purse thread you guys all mocked me for.

Don't worry... we will find another reason to mock you. :beer:

Is that a portfolio case?

GemJedi
08-16-2016, 07:29 PM
Don't worry... we will find another reason to mock you. :beer:

Is that a portfolio case?

Elite pistol

Yondering
08-16-2016, 07:44 PM
Elite pistol

In all honesty, it looks like a pistol case, to me. If you're going for grey, that one might still get some second glances.

steve_k
08-16-2016, 07:49 PM
In all honesty, it looks like a pistol case, to me. If you're going for grey, that one might still get some second glances.

An Obama sticker will solve that.

GemJedi
08-16-2016, 08:27 PM
I am not grey in any sense, it is too late for that.

Tucked under the arm it looks like a portfolio until you realize it sticks out both sides. I don't need it as an out-and-about case because I carry. Just a better tool in case things turn proactive, in certain circumstances.

paknheat
08-16-2016, 08:50 PM
What is the over all length of that new blaster?

docholliday13
08-16-2016, 10:00 PM
what holster is that and where did you pick up the case? Custom job on the velcro inside of it?

borednva
08-16-2016, 10:14 PM
If it were me id look at getting a surefire light for it just to round out all the options.

GemJedi
08-16-2016, 10:39 PM
The overall length fully closed brace is 19.5".

paknheat
08-17-2016, 05:39 AM
The overall length fully closed brace is 19.5".

Very nice set up. Thanx for the reply.

GemJedi
08-17-2016, 11:15 AM
what holster is that and where did you pick up the case? Custom job on the velcro inside of it?

Sent message.

Fjordforder
08-17-2016, 01:58 PM
As has been said, slick setup! I`ve always been a fan of camera bags for smaller blasters and instrument cases for larger. Guitar or keyboard cases with a few band stickers are just about perfect.

Roy19
08-17-2016, 02:25 PM
If you really want to go gray, drop that case into one of these: 49313

bassbones
08-17-2016, 05:18 PM
you have enough room there to get one of the UZI mag clamps and have a second mag ready plus the one on the shockwave. That and a light, and you GTG!

JB

GemJedi
08-17-2016, 07:14 PM
I want a light but cannot find a flat velcro backed holster made for lights.

EDELWEISS
08-18-2016, 07:32 AM
As has been said, slick setup! I`ve always been a fan of camera bags for smaller blasters and instrument cases for larger. Guitar or keyboard cases with a few band stickers are just about perfect.

A camera bag is a great idea, especially the backpack type. I use one for my AR9mm K gun. They typically have lots of padded sections that can be arranged as up like. They conceal in public like a backpack and some even have camera logos to add to the cover. I do like guitar cases for longer guns and smaller musical instrument cases for smaller guns BUT the days of walking around with a violin case are somewhat limited UNLESS youre AO supports that, such as a college area or maybe some hippie zones in the city.

Ive used diaper bags (His and Hers) when our kids were small!

ChuteTheMall
08-18-2016, 09:43 AM

He wants gray, not ghey.

Roy19
08-19-2016, 08:12 AM
He wants gray, not ghey.

HA!! That's funny.

Now, my whimsical example is to show another way of thinking about camouflaging in plain sight. I bet you could walk anywhere holding a SpongeBob or Dora pillow and never get two looks. Guitar cases, camera cases, racket cases, etc. are great for walking around, but you can't leave something like that in a vehicle. To a thief, they look valuable. I know we don't EVER want to leave anything in a vehicle, but there are times...

No one is going to break a window and steal a Dora pillow. Just something to think about.

Now, if this idea of a TACTICAL PILLOW CASE takes off I think this might be in the works..

Travlin
08-19-2016, 08:21 AM
HA!! That's funny.

Now, my whimsical example is to show another way of thinking about camouflaging in plain sight. I bet you could walk anywhere holding a SpongeBob or Dora pillow and never get two looks. Guitar cases, camera cases, racket cases, etc. are great for walking around, but you can't leave something like that in a vehicle. To a thief, they look valuable. I know we don't EVER want to leave anything in a vehicle, but there are times...

No one is going to break a window and steal a Dora pillow. Just something to think about.

Dora would be statistically better. It fits into anywhere the Rainbow coalition might be hanging better than a guy with a Sponge Bob bag. :lol:

bdc
08-27-2016, 06:09 PM
HA!! That's funny.

Now, if this idea of a TACTICAL PILLOW CASE takes off I think this might be in the works..

Okay, this is the best idea :biglaugh:

Paper Shredder
08-28-2016, 04:42 AM
I bet you could walk anywhere holding a SpongeBob or Dora pillow and never get two looks49326

Maybe won't get made on being armed... But I assure you a grown man of warrior build would be 10 looks holding a pillow of Dora or sponge bob unless it's supplemented by a stroller and a EDC toddler.

GemJedi
12-01-2016, 01:41 PM
I found velcro backed holsters to use in my setup that accommodate lights. I am considering either the Crimson Trace LTG-736:

or the Surefire XC1

My question is whether anyone has a recommendation on the two styles of lights, grip activated versus offhand activation? The grip activated seems simpler but then I think there could be times I would not want to inadvertently activate the light as might happen with that.

jlwilliams
12-01-2016, 01:57 PM
When I saw the title of "truck gun" I was really hoping to see a technical. This is more practical in the CONUS, I guess..... Whatever.

I still think twin fifties in the bed would be a good time.

Fjordforder
12-01-2016, 01:59 PM
When I saw the title of "truck gun" I was really hoping to see a technical. This is more practical in the CONUS, I guess..... Whatever.

I still think twin fifties in the bed would be a good time.

I`m game. DSHk or something. Baller as hell.