PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Streamlight remote switch

canonsix
07-28-2016, 06:46 PM
As you can see my switch does not set tightly against the frame. I do have the Glock adapter in the TLR-1. Any help would be appreciated. Sorry for the crappie picture,but this shows the gap better. Doug

JD Lester
07-28-2016, 07:05 PM
Try pushing up on the tape switch it should have some flex to it and grab the trigger guard.

Hope this helps.

v/r

JD

canonsix
07-28-2016, 07:14 PM
Thanks, I tried that.No joy.I does work ,but I am ever so slightly OCD and the gap SUCKS. Doug

pbsodetective
07-28-2016, 07:53 PM
Is that a 9mm/40 frame? If it is then that appears to be the switch for a S&W M&P which has the angle off the back of the light. Mine for the 9/40 size Glock runs parallel to the bottom front of the trigger guard to the relief cut at the rear. There is no angle from the immediate back of the light to the front of the trigger guard.
On the bottom of the trigger guard section the p/n for a Glock is 69300 and the smith is p/n 69310

Sam Spade
07-28-2016, 07:59 PM
Yeah, that's wrong. Mine sits exactly in the gap between the trigger guard and the first finger bump. I agree, it looks like you have the wrong part.

canonsix
07-28-2016, 09:01 PM
The paper work said Glock. I will get with the vendor in the am,thanks a lot guys.Doug

Papa
07-29-2016, 05:35 AM
Looks like you have the light mounted in the wrong rail slot, or you have reversed the insert in the mount. Make sure the insert is the correct one, correctly oriented.
Be careful in removing and attaching the unit. It can fail at the battery door. My advice, once you have it dialed in, is not to remove it except to change batteries.
Also, put a small piece of electrical tape behind the button switch to insure positive activation.

SUA SPONTE
07-29-2016, 06:30 AM
Replace it with a SUREFIRE

Inner Light
07-29-2016, 09:04 AM
Replace it with a SUREFIRE

Correct answer, can't go wrong there.

Sam Spade
07-29-2016, 10:53 AM
Correct answer, can't go wrong there.

Having had not one, but three Surefire DG switches go out on me, and having had the contact spring separate from a tail cap, I'm gonna disagree. As far as this thread goes, Streamlight's rigid remote switch is far superior to Surefire's tape version.

glocked
07-30-2016, 09:55 AM
Check out the stream light on the G34 in this thread....http://www.warriortalk.com/showthread.php?130991-It-s-been-a-good-week. Yours appears to be waaaaaayyyy further forward away from the trigger guard and it looks like the switch is preventing it from getting closer. Sometimes you get items that were packaged on a Friday near quitting time. :shock:

Interwebz pic....49048

canonsix
07-30-2016, 11:42 AM
Just got a return email from the vendor.It seems I was sent a mislabeled one.Got a return shipping slip,and they are shipping me a correct one.Again thank you guys for all of the answers.Doug