PDA

View Full Version : Sig 938

twinboysdad
07-07-2016, 05:27 PM
Anybody got one? My old man has the .380 Sig, but I am looking at the 9mm. Any thoughts vs the single stack Glock

DogDoc
07-07-2016, 06:06 PM
I've had one for awhile. Small enough for pocket carry, accurate, single action trigger. It's smaller than the G43. I recently changed to a G43 for the sole reason that I can put a red dot on the G43 and my 53 year old eyes like red dots.

Coyote44
07-09-2016, 07:42 AM
Wife has the 238....I have the 938....not much NOT to like. Conceals well, shoots reliable, and pretty decent SA trigger.

Brent Yamamoto
07-09-2016, 10:08 AM
I had a 938 for awhile. I really loved it but a deal came up and it was a good item for trade.

The trigger was smooth but could have been lighter. If you're pocket carrying, sure, I get having a heavier trigger...but I think heavy triggers are because the manufacturer assumes the lowest common denominator customer. (I can't say I blame them too much.) Otherwise, I think it was a fantastic little gun. I kinda wish I still had it.

I have a G43, a Shield, and an XDS. I also remember shooting my 938 very well. They are all good guns and all have something going for them. I like different things about each one...but I wasn't satisfied with any of them out of the box. I've upgraded the triggers on all that I have now, and would have upgraded the 938 if I'd kept it.

My recommendation: G43 with an SI trigger upgrade. HANDS DOWN. It has the best trigger of the bunch, and also happens to be the most cost effective. I also shoot the G43 a lot better than I shot the 938.